Future World Rehab

zap69

Original Poster
This is to inform you all that the Universe of Energy will be getting a rehab soon. This is because They lost their sponser. Exxon/Mobile. So what does this mean for the attraction fate? Hopefully not the same as the others who lost their sponser (ie. Delta Dreamflight, Horizons, Legend of the Lion King...). More to come on this Later.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
zap - hi again! You seem to know quite a bit about what`s coming - are you a CM or have reliable information? All these comments have been flying around here for months but nothing has been confirmed by anyone in the know. Are you `in the know`?? :D

wedway71

Did they replace the exxon mobile sign out front (the needle and ball) or did they just pull off the exxon mobil signage and if so does it look ok or is there a big gaping hole in is place?

KumbaRider

It would be interesting to see what would happen in a rehab for such a lenghty and unique attraction. Personally I feel something will be happening to WoL before this whether it be construction or destruction.

KumbaRider

General Grizz said:
I love Ellen and Bill Nye. I'll truly miss this attraction.

If WDI had its way, something totally new would inhabit the building.

I agree, it's one of those attractions one doesn't visit that often, but when he does, it's worthwhile.

However, at the same time, imagine the ideas WDI has in store for it.

Skippy

wedway71 said:
ok am I missing something?Is this a rumor or is UOE closing?

no rumor of UoE closing (at least yet), but just a rumor that it may be getting a rehab soon. Grizz was just saying that WDI would probably put something new in it, if everything (like budgets and needs) allowed them to.

Desperad07

Confirmed Living Seas rehab in the fall, very strong rumors of WOL closing for good, consistental S:E rehab rumors and now this? They couldn't possibly be thinking about doing this all soon...it would be a severe blow to EPCOT attendance. Not to mention make the Future World visits just plain sad.

nibblesandbits

Desperad07 said:
Confirmed Living Seas rehab in the fall, very strong rumors of WOL closing for good, consistental S:E rehab rumors and now this? They couldn't possibly be thinking about doing this all soon...it would be a severe blow to EPCOT attendance. Not to mention make the Future World visits just plain sad.

Yes, but they could be doing all of this to make way for Epcot's anniversary coming up...however, it really is a lot to be going on at one time.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
kiawahman said:
with such a huge building, I can imagine a geat attraction in there.

Just because its a big builing does not mean they will put anything in it anywhere near the scale of whats in there now, or that would fill up the building. Remember, JII has a whole second floor sitting unused.

Second, without a sponser, it is very unlikely that a rehab would be done to the current attraction.

KumbaRider

Desperad07 said:

The average guest isn't like a person on these boards. So they wouldn't care or notice anything missing. These rehabs are a necessary part of theme park maintenance.

SpectroMan

KumbaRider said:
The average guest isn't like a person on these boards. So they wouldn't care or notice anything missing. These rehabs are a necessary part of theme park maintenance.

I don't know about you, but when I see a big empty building, I wonder "hey what's in there. What am I missing?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom