News Future World confirmed to be split into 3 neighborhoods

DanielBB8

The exciting tool development is warfare, but we aren't going to see much of that at a Disney theme park. A bit hypocritical since Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is getting a fictional version of it.

po1998

So they get rid of “future” in the name of the land because there is no longer anything futuristic about the land(according to the critics), they come up with some new names for the land, and still get crucified by probably the same critics.

Plenty of things in Epcot to complain about. This isn’t one of them.

Carry on.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So they get rid of “future” in the name of the land because there is no longer anything futuristic about the land(according to the critics), they come up with some new names for the land, and still get crucified by probably the same critics.

Plenty of things in Epcot to complain about. This isn’t one of them.

Carry on.

Because.. MAGIC happens here... that's all anyone needs to know ;)

awoogala

new rooftop garden..
me to husband: "look, rooftop garden- I wonder how much to watch fireworks from there?"
husband to me: " I don't care, I want to do it"
and this is why Disney will continue to rake in $$$.
Because we are weak. 🤣🤣 (and I mean me, too!)

DAR1974

I guess I'd be more sad if they were changing the version of Future World from the 80's. But it hasn't been that in a long time

World_Showcase_Lover007

I like this new direction they are going with as it helps with issue the current Future World has with staying updated and also they can go all out with making sure every area is unique to its theme.

I understand what your saying but adding attractions to this park wasn't going to solve it's glaring issues. Disney can easily add rides anytime but Epcot needed more than just some rides to help with its current dilemma.

Disagree wholeheartedly. Rides solve the problem! Epcot needs rides. DAK needs rides. DHS (for the love of god) needs rides. Rides make everything better. Its why you go to a theme park: To ride rides with some theming around it. Rides should be the main focus!

And no, Disney cannot easily add rides. They can easily add restaurants and shopping...it’s what they do for breakfast. But for rides, they apparently must must acquire a congressional resolution, hire consultants from another dimension, perform twelve focus groups, drive pilings in the earth for at least 18 months and extend the budget across 46 different fiscal quarters.

Bocabear

I agree completely...the new spine and names for existing areas do absolutely nothing to fix EPCOT's problems....Rides do...not a diaper wash water play area, but an actual ride... Adding a giant building as a festival center with a uncharge viewing area on the roof for fireworks os also not going to fix EPCOT...Rides will... Fix Imagination, update the Living Seas.. Finish Up GOTG , Mary Poppins whatever it is, and Rat...Now add an attraction to Italy, Germany and Japan... and amazing the park would be fixed without spending a billion dollars on demolition and landscape rebuilding... Move the "Festival Center " into Innoventions...OMG they have more room in there than they were going to build in the tabletop!
Rides and refurbishments will fix the park more than any of this meaningless Billion dollar spine rebuild will. The park was amazing until they allowed it to become dated... Finish out the park the way it was intended and imagined before chucking out the whole concept...

odmichael

I agree completely...the new spine and names for existing areas do absolutely nothing to fix EPCOT's problems....Rides do...not a diaper wash water play area, but an actual ride... Adding a giant building as a festival center with a uncharge viewing area on the roof for fireworks os also not going to fix EPCOT...Rides will... Fix Imagination, update the Living Seas.. Finish Up GOTG , Mary Poppins whatever it is, and Rat...Now add an attraction to Italy, Germany and Japan... and amazing the park would be fixed without spending a billion dollars on demolition and landscape rebuilding... Move the "Festival Center " into Innoventions...OMG they have more room in there than they were going to build in the tabletop!
Rides and refurbishments will fix the park more than any of this meaningless Billion dollar spine rebuild will. The park was amazing until they allowed it to become dated... Finish out the park the way it was intended and imagined before chucking out the whole concept...
According to Disney, rides don’t provide revenue. Beer gardens and fountains do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom