Future of the Hollywood Tower of Terror

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Do you think WDI can weave a new story into the attraction sans Twilight zone and it still be just as enjoyable? Or more so? I still consider it the pinnacle of imagineering ( and the Twilight zone theme contributes a big part ) even though it's no longer up to original show standards.

999th Happy Haunt

Do you think WDI can weave a new story into the attraction sans Twilight zone and it still be just as enjoyable? Or more so? I still consider it the pinnacle of imagineering ( and the Twilight zone theme contributes a big part ) even though it's no longer up to original show standards.
I think it's possible but it'd be very very very tough to make it an improvement over how it exists now. The narration and music alone add to the experience so much.

Andrew25

I am mentally preparing for the day they "pull" the Twilight Zone theme from this ride. I don't expect a complete retheme, as unlike DCA, this tower acts as the icon and is more prominent in the park.

SamusAranX

If they retheme ToT to some current IP or remove it, I will burn my physical AP card live on TikTok and swear off Disney World forever

In the Parks
No
Twilight Zone? Yeah it's going away. Just a matter of when.
revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Cmdr_Crimson

I just looked up and Outer Limits is apparently an ABC property... That'd be a lateral move, just no Rod Serling.
Yeah the former Paramount Parks Kings Island and Dominion had their indoor coaster based around it before they removed the IP title..Here is the preshow for it..

Cmdr_Crimson

If they retheme ToT to some current IP or remove it, I will burn my physical AP card live on TikTok and swear off Disney World forever
They can easily remove the TZ reference as easy as them making a movie without it

In the Parks
No
Even the name of this thread has removed the Twilight Zone! It just wouldn't be the same at all without it. It is as near to theme park perfection as it gets. They need to learn not to mess with success. So far this ride has survived, even despite the death of its California sibling. I'm thinking they will keep it the same, unless Scarlett Johannsen's movie is a smash hit. Is anyone actually expecting that?

Rodj

I’ll be concerned once the Paris version is no longer TZ themed.
They would have to do major fixes/upgrades to the show systems since they are a mess right now, no way they would have a new experience impacted by the current issues with the systems there(such as the audio). They would also need to put in new drop shaft motors(the current ones still struggle with the de-intensified drop sequences). This isn’t like the DCA Tower where they were able to hot swap everything out and utilize the existing systems.

Kirby86

It's possible they can make a great original story I mean look at Tokyos ToT. However how far would they go in a potential retheme is the question. Would they just cut out Rod Serling narration or would it be a full on retheme like California's? I'm not saying it would be Gurdians but would the change be that drastic?

Bocabear

they could leave everything exactly the same but replace the Rod Serling narration on the video and then it is just the Tower Of Terror.... I think the future of TOT should be secure...It is a beautiful attraction, masterfully done...truly timeless and truly Disney Imagineering at it's best. Matter of fact I think they should double down on it an add a dining venue themed to the Tip Top Club complete with an alternate time-traveling elevator ride to the "top" I guarantee it would be a HUGE hit!!

In the Parks
No
they could leave everything exactly the same but replace the Rod Serling narration on the video and then it is just the Tower Of Terror.... I think the future of TOT should be secure...It is a beautiful attraction, masterfully done...truly timeless and truly Disney Imagineering at it's best. Matter of fact I think they should double down on it an add a dining venue themed to the Tip Top Club complete with an alternate time-traveling elevator ride to the "top" I guarantee it would be a HUGE hit!!
Keeping the Twilight Zone theme is important. It adds so much to it. Would it still be entertaining without it? Yes, but for me, not nearly as much. The writing of the narration is so reminiscent of the original show, it's incredible. It would be so much less special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom