Future of Pirate and Princess parties?

AEfx

Again, I don't know nuttin. But that's the way I read the tea leaves. We'll know more of the puzzle when January hours come out later this week. No 7PM closes? Probably means no parties in January.

I really do hope there are. I think they are the best party, even trumping MNSSHP. I think the mitigating factor is if people are willing to shell out $45/head for a non-holiday 5-hours at MK. Remember, most people are paying $30-35/day for their tickets now, so $45/each is quite an additional investment.

$200 for a family of 4 to be in a park for 5 hours is a hard sell without a holiday-incentive, IMHO. That's a big chunk of change. Perhaps if they were a bit cheaper (say, $30/person), and/or they didn't schedule so many so close together, Disney might make them work?

The fireworks are spectacular - to me they are worth the price alone. But I can definitely see (and have certainly heard people talking about) the sticker shock. It's easier to do that for Christmas or the Halloween season, but harder for non-holiday themes.

AEfx, who's going to the last one in Sept., just in case

boo52

Well if you guys have concrete information please post it. As I said, I'd love to hear good news about the future.

It just files in the face of everything I have been told. I am no "insider", but I do talk to a few and from what I understand the parties did terribly financially and the relatively last-minute dates added in August/Sept. were added to try to recoup some of the investment.

As I said in my first post, I'd absolutely love to be wrong. :) I'm just sharing what I have been told.

AEfx

I think my reputaion speaks for itself on these boards. Most readers know what I do, and know that I would have concrete info on such things. I have never steered this place wrong. Sometimes I cannot come forward with information I know for obvious reasons. But I do offer "wait and sees" and concrete stuff when it's permissible. So to sum it up. Big plans are concrete. Wait and see. :wave:

AEfx

I think my reputaion speaks for itself on these boards. Most readers know what I do, and know that I would have concrete info on such things. I have never steered this place wrong. Sometimes I cannot come forward with information I know for obvious reasons. But I do offer "wait and sees" and concrete stuff when it's permissible. So to sum it up. Big plans are concrete. Wait and see. :wave:

I wasn't doubting your reputation specificly (though I have to say I'm not personally familiar with your postings), but just replying to your reply to me saying "Wanna bet". Since I don't recall your name from previous discussions, I had no frame of reference for what you were saying. You just said, "They have big plans for this," which to me could have been a fan wishful thinking, not "I have knowledge that the parties will continue, but I can't divulge more."

Sorry if you misunderstood me, but I just wasn't clear what you were trying to say. As I said, I am more than happy to hear news that they will continue, if they do. I haven't heard anything about the future of them in months, so if WDW has found a way to make them profitable and will continue them I am the most pleased of all.

AEfx

coltow

I think it's rather unlikely they will return. The "surprise" dates in Aug/Sept are, in my belief, to burn off the extra consumables.

That's why I'm planning on being there for the last one in Sept., as I believe that just may be the last P&P Party for the forseeable future. A shame, because the fireworks and parade are really spectacular. I'm sure those will reappear or be reused in some way sooner than we see party dates announced again, though.

I hope I'm wrong, but the mouse doesn't seem that impressed with the business they did.

AEfx
This would make me sad. We are planning a trip next August and were keeping our fingers crossed that we'd be able to go especially seeing as there will be 4 young boys with us who love all things Pirates. We did MNSSHP in 2005 and mother and sister did P&P in March and both parties were loved by all.

AEfx

This would make me sad. We are planning a trip next August and were keeping our fingers crossed that we'd be able to go especially seeing as there will be 4 young boys with us who love all things Pirates. We did MNSSHP in 2005 and mother and sister did P&P in March and both parties were loved by all.

Hey, chin up - not one but two people in this thread have given thumbs up to me being wrong on this one, LOL. Like I said, I really hope I am - the P&P are the best hard ticket event yet.

I'm crossing my fingers with you, LOL.

AEfx

slappy magoo

When you think about how many holidays Hallmark more or less made up to sell cards, I suspect there's money to be made by having a late-night hard ticketed event at the MK. :D

As for my wife & I, we're doing one. Because of our schedule, we really can't go to MK during October or December, and while I have no idea how crowded these events get (what's the ticket cap? 20K? Still a lot of bodies) it'll be nice to have crowds be a little smaller than what I'm used to seeing during evening EMH. Hell, I still wish they'd bring back E-Ride Nights. Nominal fee, really small cap, no pomp and circumstance, just lots of rides without the sun.

pirate#1

I am personally involved with the Pirates and Princess parties. "Boo" is not leading you astray. And I can tell you that there are major plans to make this event a semi-permanent thing in the years to come. So keep watching for new updates. And please keep coming to these party, without the guests then there would be no reason to continue. Thanks for supporting everything we do here in WDW.

Bolna

My guess would be that there are Pirate ans Princess Parties on Monday January 21 and Staurday January 26 next year. According to the WDW website MK is open until 8 pm every day in January besides these two days when it will close at 7 pm. Why would they close MK early on a Saturday if not for a hard ticket event??

tink2

I looked at Jan hours too this morning. Why would they have a P&P party on the 21 and 26 (Monday and Sat) and not the 28- the following Monday- park closes at 8? Why would they have them one week and not the next- MK closes at 8 every night the next week? I am going Jan 26- Feb 2 and would love a P&P party!!!

happymom52003

Original Poster
My guess would be that there are Pirate ans Princess Parties on Monday January 21 and Staurday January 26 next year. According to the WDW website MK is open until 8 pm every day in January besides these two days when it will close at 7 pm. Why would they close MK early on a Saturday if not for a hard ticket event??

I am very curious about this because I will be there over the 21st and will be making my adr's soon. I REALLY wish I knew what the chances were of this actually being a P&P date so I can plan accordingly! The 21st is MLK day. Did they have a P&P party on MLK day last year? I find it odd that they would plan a party for a day when the attendance will probably be high since alot of kids are out of school.

AEfx

I am very curious about this because I will be there over the 21st and will be making my adr's soon. I REALLY wish I knew what the chances were of this actually being a P&P date so I can plan accordingly! The 21st is MLK day. Did they have a P&P party on MLK day last year? I find it odd that they would plan a party for a day when the attendance will probably be high since alot of kids are out of school.

They are having one on Labor Day, so it wouldn't surprise me.

You have to remember that WDW doesn't get a lot of local traffic. That's why minor holidays don't affect them as much. Just about anyone that comes down for Labor Day weekend is likely going to be on their way home by that night anyway, and will likely be the same for MLK (what day does it fall on?). While locals do buy tickets for MNSSHP and/or MVMCP, especially around the actual holidays, I don't think you have a lot to worry about here.

I'm crossing my fingers that they do turn out to be P&P nights!

AEfx

happymom52003

Original Poster
They are having one on Labor Day, so it wouldn't surprise me.

You have to remember that WDW doesn't get a lot of local traffic. That's why minor holidays don't affect them as much. Just about anyone that comes down for Labor Day weekend is likely going to be on their way home by that night anyway, and will likely be the same for MLK (what day does it fall on?). While locals do buy tickets for MNSSHP and/or MVMCP, especially around the actual holidays, I don't think you have a lot to worry about here.

I'm crossing my fingers that they do turn out to be P&P nights!

AEfx

That makes sense. MLK day is a Monday. Well, I am going to plan my adr's as if there is a party that night and keep my fingers crossed too!

Bolna

It seems that 2007 dates were: Jan. 22, 26 & 29, Monday, Friday, Monday. Perhaps they are having less parties this year???

But, there is hope that dates might be released soon, the dates I just posted are taken from a post to this forum on July 10 last year, so perhaps the dates will be announced in the same time frame this year?

happymom52003

Original Poster
It seems that 2007 dates were: Jan. 22, 26 & 29, Monday, Friday, Monday. Perhaps they are having less parties this year???

But, there is hope that dates might be released soon, the dates I just posted are taken from a post to this forum on July 10 last year, so perhaps the dates will be announced in the same time frame this year?

I was wondering how far in advance they announce the dates. I think it would make sense for them to announce the dates before the 180 day mark for adr's so people like us could plan out their iteneraries a little easier!

Nemo14

Just checked the MK hours for Feb 2008, and there are a few 7 pm closings - maybe for P&P parties????? :sohappy:

lightboy

I'd also like to back up Boo...not that he needs it.

But P&P will unfortunately be around for a long time to come...

You may commence the lightboy bashing...

Jose Eber

From the attendance figures I've seen of winter 07, and these rumblings of more investment: sounds like Disney is now just being stubborn.

Read all the marketing material "back by popular demand", "it was so popular, we are bringing it back for an encore". But this is a total lie. Numbers were horrible (although, admittedly, its awesome for guests!).

Yes, the pyrotechnics were amazing, yes there was obviously a lot of effort put into the parade, but why does Disney PR have to lie.

I mean, really, we can see through it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom