Funny photos...

starsky

Original Poster
Okay, some of you may find this a little juvenile, But I was wondering if I'm the only one who tries to do some "different" in the photos that are taken as you ride the attractions.

The two that I've done that I think got the best results were:-

1. On "Dinosaur", my cousin and I knew when we were going to get the picture taken, so as the dino appeared and scared the crap out of everyone else we pointed at the opposite wall with a smile on our face. I can remember hearing people in the photo collection room asking each other what we were looking at and saying they'd have to ride again and look. Childish, but it made me laugh.

2. On ToT, this one took a little planning. As we entered the final drop shaft I took out my park map and opened it. My cousin was sat on one side and my uncle was on the other. They were both pointing at the map and laughing as the photo was taken. The results were better than I could have hoped. Most of the people around us were screaming and we were sat there reading the map like we were just standing on the sidewalk. Again it made me laugh and people at the collection point seemed to like it.

So, am I the only one? If not, what have you guys got up to?:D

tmm7899

I have done the TOT one, except our map was written in Japanese and we all had confused looks on our faces.

We have also pretented to sleep on Splash Mountain.

On Dinosaur we had the whole car (it was a team building during our training period) we all looked the other way except for one girl in the middle who pretended that she was trying to get our attention.

Another time on Splash we all took out our cell phones and pretended to be on them when we going down the hill.

Thats all that I can think of for the minute.

9-Eye

New Effect

On the Tower of Terror:

First, I went around the office and collected all the little white "dots" from the hole punchers. I filled my ziplock baggie, and patiently awaited my next visit to the Disney Studios. With baggie at my side, I waited for just the right moment in the final drop shaft. During the final plunge, I grabbed a handfull of dots and tossed them into the air. The next thing everyone noticed - as the elevator slowed down, tons of confetti showed the elevator passengers. Everyone actually applauded. "When did they add that effect?" a guest asked his companion. After we all exited the elevator, the CM looked around the elevator with the most confused look on this face.

Unfortunately, there are only 22 people who have witnessed the "new" effect (myself included.)

A more subtle idea for the ToT - At the moment that the picture was taken, my lady friend was leaning over, as if tyring to find something on the floor. My facial expression was that of a person who just hit his thumb with a hammer. Upon reviewing the pictures, a young girl asked her father, "Daddy, what's she looking for?" The father immediately averted the child and walked away from the monitors.

I find that it's humorous to, on all rides that take pictures of you, act as though you're drinking something while in the picture. As drinking is related to a state of calm.

I also pretend as though I'm asleep when the pictures are taken.

Placing a Disney store bag over my head also araises confusion when it comes time to view the pictures.

9-Eye

Maria

Splash Mountain with my brother, sister and brother in law... My boyfriend sits in the back of the boat (we were the only ones) and decides to make a funny face at the drop... my parents bought the picture. :D He was sooo embarrased! He never thought we would buy it! :lol: ;)

KBQueenWDW

I love taking funny pictures... I am the only one in my family who is keen about that though. But when I go places with my friends, we love posing for the cameras!!!:D

lemonade

I haven't acted up on any Disney rides but I did at IOA on the Jurassic Park River Adventure.

I was riding it with my brother and our friend. There wasn't that many people at the park that day so we rode it literally 10 times in a row, we were just flying through the queue. We were trying to make it more fun so we all decided that when it took our picture we wouldn't do anything, not even a flinch.
When we saw our photo at the end of the ride it looked like three mannequins sitting in the back row. The next time around we acted as if we were bored or sleepy. Once the whole group of us posed for the camera and a guy in the front was leaning forward as far as he could and in the picture it looked like he was lying on the front of the boat dead. I really wish we had bought that one.

Erika

I have done goofy faces for Six Flags (that's Great America to KBQueen!) but for some reason it never occurs to me at WDW. I'll have to try to remember this for October!

I think my favorite one mentioned here so far is Starsky's fake-out. :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Last year I got a little carried away posing for my photo on Splash mountain. When I went to collect it the CM looked up, looked down at the photo and said handing it over " This is most definately you . Sir".
The only thing was when we got home I lookedat the prevous years phot and I was wearing the same damn shirt. Though I would like to point out that I am not a minger, it had been washed. :D .
For those of you enrolled in my Scottish slang classes minger means smelly, from the verb ming (pronounced as in the vase.)

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
Me and my mother always make different faces when we are on the ride acting like we are scared. This year on RnR me and my mother posed for the picture with a scared look on our faces. Then we bought the picture.

TwItTy WdW

hehehe this cracked the people up...

On Splash Mountain in 00, My Cousin and I sat in the middle of the Boat , ( the 3rd row) As we started down the drop we turned and put one of our feet out and made it look like we were getting off the ride in the middle of the drop. At the collection center, everyone started to crack up laughing and saying things like "Guess this ride isn't exciting anymore" The cast members were cracking up as well.. Shows that we never listen when they tell us to keep our hands and legs inside the vehicle at all times..

Disney4648

Okay I have a funny photo story to share with you all...lol :)

My friends and I were riding on Splash Mountain and they thought it would be funny if they flicked off the camera ( middle finger) and threw there hats at the flash. Funny, after we got off the ride, we looked for our photo and it wasnt there and we asked one of the CM's why it wasnt there and she looked at us and pulled up the pic on her mini pc and said, i will request that you all do not ride this ride again and we said why? and she just laughed and showed us our photo.:lol:

SykedOwt

Thats One of My Favorite things to do...

On Dinosaur I always look right where the Camera is and Make a Face

On Tower of Terror I just Put my Head Down and go into a "bored" look, Everyone in my Elevator thinks its Hysterical.

Splash Mountain I always have fun with, I'll Look at the Camera and put my hands on my face like the :eek: look, hehehe

I can't think of Anything More Fun than That :sohappy:

I haven't done anything like this at WDW yet, but at King's Island on the Beast, I spent the entire ride on the phone :lol: It has a bright orange cover and I had a ton of people laughing at the fact that i was on the phone.

starsky

Original Poster
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.
Splash is another great ride to pose. We usually do Superman poses on SM. For Test Track it was just bog standard arms raised.
Am I right in thinking there's only 5 Disney rides where you can get your photo taken?
I would be guaranteed to be making a terrified face on Summit Plummet if they did this.

goofyfan13

Mine aren't as good as some of the ones mentioned. On the Magnum at Cedar Point my friend and I wanted to make it look like one of us was getting punched. I tilted my head and gave a painful look while he held his fist next to my jaw. The picture came out great and lost of people laughed at it.
On Splash Mountain 2 other friends and I pulled of the See, Hear, and Speak no evil. it doesn't sound very funny but the way we did was. We got our fathers to laugh and they don't laugh at a lot of stuff that we do.

NowInc

oh...i have soooo many of these...

The best one is still ToT...

me and 2 friends doing a "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil"...

Came out GREAT..

Rock N Rollercoaster -

Pretending like we are driving the car...

OR

Get a pair of swimming goggles and wear em...this also works on Spalsh mountain

Splash mountain -

Act like you are REALLLLY scared..i mean..open your mouth and eyes REALLY wide and move your arms around really fast....trust me..it looks really cool..

I have more..but i'll save them for another post ;)

starsky

Original Poster
I'll see if I can scan my Dinosaur one tomorrow. Some of the expressions on peoples faces are so funny even without us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom