Fun With Numbers: MK Maingate Blackout Edition

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
So, for those whom have asked..... As I finally updated the numbers.

Should all the blackouts for the MK hold true? 202 days. 202 out of 365 days would be blacked out for a CM's maingate at MK. 55% of the year.

Epcot would be 12 days, DHS 54, DAK 28.

mcrgw29

It's official starting January 1st there no longer any maingates for the 3rd party, College Program, or seasonal cast members. On top of that the 35% discount drops to 15%.

What is your source because this isn't entirely true. Seasonal still gets admission, it just changes to how many hours they work. The jury is still out on CPs, those that are there now and extending got the same letter that Seasonal did but there has been bad info sent to CPs before. I'm not sure about 3rd party though. Also, the 35% discount only applied to those with 3+ years. Everyone else gets 20%.

@PhotoDave219, I think you are right, CPs did not receive Maingates back then, it was a fairly recent change IIRC. It still takes close to 6 weeks to get them in the mail, too.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
What is your source because this isn't entirely true. Seasonal still gets admission, it just changes to how many hours they work. The jury is still out on CPs, those that are there now and extending got the same letter that Seasonal did but there has been bad info sent to CPs before. I'm not sure about 3rd party though. Also, the 35% discount only applied to those with 3+ years. Everyone else gets 20%.

@PhotoDave219, I think you are right, CPs did not receive Maingates back then, it was a fairly recent change IIRC. It still takes close to 6 weeks to get them in the mail, too.

Keep in mind, I'm only referring to the Main Entrance Pass (Spouse and Guest). I have not broken it down into Employee Self-Admission (Employee Only) days.

wogwog

So, for those whom have asked..... As I finally updated the numbers.

Should all the blackouts for the MK hold true? 202 days. 202 out of 365 days would be blacked out for a CM's maingate at MK. 55% of the year.

Epcot would be 12 days, DHS 54, DAK 28.
Update as of 11/18. Disney just blocked more days for Maingates or Main Entrance Pass for Hollywood Studios. Added are December 1 through December 4.

This is in addition to the previously announced block-outs from Nov. 20-30 and Dec. 5-6 at the Studios. It just ruined a family get together for a friend of mine.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Update as of 11/18. Disney just blocked more days for Maingates or Main Entrance Pass for Hollywood Studios. Added are December 1 through December 4.

This is in addition to the previously announced block-outs from Nov. 20-30 and Dec. 5-6 at the Studios. It just ruined a family get together for a friend of mine.

Gee why would a family want to visit their CM relative during the holidays (when said CM's time off is limited), The sheer greed displayed by TWDC simply disgusts me, You as a guest are expected to plan MONTHS in advance, Yet DIsney feels it's perfectly acceptable to yank things at the drop of a hat.

Simply Disgusting is all I have to say.

Katie G

Not sure where you see that. I just checked the webpage https://blockoutdates.disney.com/ and December 1-4 is not blocked out at DHS.

hopemax

Not that I'll be traveling at the time. But I noticed how few MK blockout dates there are this year for March and April. I guess they hit a nerve, or it didn't result in the results they were looking for? Or is this a sign of when then next regular ticket price increase is going to hit, and they now need the CM guests to provide a cushion? But there is something I don't understand. For March 28-March 31, not only are CMs, Spouse & Guests blocked out It also says, "Block-out: One-Day Park Hopper® Guest Ticket"

What is that referring to? All guests? I don't remember the tickets you could buy at a discount from Company D being any different than ticket purchased at the gate other than the 5%ish discount. Or is this Comp tickets? My Dad is in theory, supposed to still receive one pair, but he hasn't yet for 2016 so he's figuring it out. Is there new verbiage, banning them on certain days?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not that I'll be traveling at the time. But I noticed how few MK blockout dates there are this year for March and April. I guess they hit a nerve, or it didn't result in the results they were looking for? Or is this a sign of when then next regular ticket price increase is going to hit, and they now need the CM guests to provide a cushion? But there is something I don't understand. For March 28-March 31, not only are CMs, Spouse & Guests blocked out It also says, "Block-out: One-Day Park Hopper® Guest Ticket"

What is that referring to? All guests? I don't remember the tickets you could buy at a discount from Company D being any different than ticket purchased at the gate other than the 5%ish discount. Or is this Comp tickets? My Dad is in theory, supposed to still receive one pair, but he hasn't yet for 2016 so he's figuring it out. Is there new verbiage, banning them on certain days?

No from how I read it they are now blocking the One Day - multi park ticket guess someone who just paid 125 bucks for a ticket is also 'Bad Business' for the love of Finagle when will the madness stop.

Agent_P

From what I understand, that is a new category of Comp ticket for Temporary/Recurring Cast Members and Operating Participants.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Googling that string - it comes up as regular ticket media, Not being a CM but having some CM friends, The comp stuff USUALLY uses the word PASS instead of TICKET. Obviously a ticketing CM will have a better handle on nomenclature. But to the best of my knowledge TICKET refers to media SOLD to guests, PASS is admission media given to CM's as Ticket and Pass are words with great power and magic at Company D

Agent_P

Googling that string - it comes up as regular ticket media, Not being a CM but having some CM friends, The comp stuff USUALLY uses the word PASS instead of TICKET. Obviously a ticketing CM will have a better handle on nomenclature. But to the best of my knowledge TICKET refers to media SOLD to guests, PASS is admission media given to CM's as Ticket and Pass are words with great power and magic at Company D

Maybe you should do some better research then:

Below is a list of possible block-out types and what they would look like if they apply to a specific date:

“Block-out: Main Entrance Pass (Spouse & Guest)” on the calendar means that the Spouse cannot use their Spouse Pass and that neither the Spouse nor the Cast Member can admit Guests. “Block-out – Employee Self Admission (Employee Only)” means that Cast Members and Employees normally eligible for self-admission cannot admit themselves into the parks.

If only the “…Spouse & Guest…” one is listed, that means that an eligible Cast Member can use their ID to admit themselves at Disneyland or use their Main Entrance Pass to admit themselves at Walt Disney World. These are listed separately because there is a possibility of multiple combinations of block-out dates and one may not always be listed with the other. The wording is listed as it is because Cast Members use different media for self-admission at different Resorts. Walt Disney World uses the Main Entrance Pass for self-admission while Disneyland uses the Company ID.

A newer media type is the one for Temporary/Recurring Cast Members and Operating Participants, as indicated by “Block-out: One-Day Park Hopper® Guest Ticket”. To use this ticket, the Cast Member/Employee must first use their self-admission media, which will then unlock the One-Day Park Hopper® Guest Ticket(s) to admit friends or family.

A few Resorts may use the “…Until 4PM” block-out type, which means that the media type is only blocked for a part of the day and after 4PM it may be used for admission. Unless otherwise specified as “…Until 4PM,” all block-out dates are a full business date.

On the rare occasion that Cast Member complimentary tickets are blocked, which may occur for special events, the block-out will be listed as “Block-out: Cast Distribution Comp Tickets”. Another rare occasion would be a complete Park closure and that would be listed as “Block-out Park closure”.

Each different type of block-out will be listed as a separate item on each date they occur and if that type is not listed below the date, it is not blocked and therefore able to be used.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

Below is a list of possible block-out types and what they would look like if they apply to a specific date:

“Block-out: Main Entrance Pass (Spouse & Guest)” on the calendar means that the Spouse cannot use their Spouse Pass and that neither the Spouse nor the Cast Member can admit Guests. “Block-out – Employee Self Admission (Employee Only)” means that Cast Members and Employees normally eligible for self-admission cannot admit themselves into the parks.

If only the “…Spouse & Guest…” one is listed, that means that an eligible Cast Member can use their ID to admit themselves at Disneyland or use their Main Entrance Pass to admit themselves at Walt Disney World. These are listed separately because there is a possibility of multiple combinations of block-out dates and one may not always be listed with the other. The wording is listed as it is because Cast Members use different media for self-admission at different Resorts. Walt Disney World uses the Main Entrance Pass for self-admission while Disneyland uses the Company ID.

A newer media type is the one for Temporary/Recurring Cast Members and Operating Participants, as indicated by “Block-out: One-Day Park Hopper® Guest Ticket”. To use this ticket, the Cast Member/Employee must first use their self-admission media, which will then unlock the One-Day Park Hopper® Guest Ticket(s) to admit friends or family.

A few Resorts may use the “…Until 4PM” block-out type, which means that the media type is only blocked for a part of the day and after 4PM it may be used for admission. Unless otherwise specified as “…Until 4PM,” all block-out dates are a full business date.

On the rare occasion that Cast Member complimentary tickets are blocked, which may occur for special events, the block-out will be listed as “Block-out: Cast Distribution Comp Tickets”. Another rare occasion would be a complete Park closure and that would be listed as “Block-out Park closure”.

Each different type of block-out will be listed as a separate item on each date they occur and if that type is not listed below the date, it is not blocked and therefore able to be used.

And I'm only tracking "Block Out - Main Entrance Pass (Spouse and Guest)" .... mostly because thats a lot of stuff to track.

Edit: and I'll revisit this sometime in March. Other things going on.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

You do know that in a phase closing that ONE DAY tickets are blocked from entry even when multi-day and AP's are allowed access do you not? So why would it be surprising that One Day Hopper's would be blacked out out as lower tier AP's are now???

halltd

You do know that in a phase closing that ONE DAY tickets are blocked from entry even when multi-day and AP's are allowed access do you not? So why would it be surprising that One Day Hopper's would be blacked out out as lower tier AP's are now???
The blockout website is for cast tickets, not general public purchased tickets.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
And I'm only tracking "Block Out - Main Entrance Pass (Spouse and Guest)" .... mostly because thats a lot of stuff to track.

Edit: and I'll revisit this sometime in March. Other things going on.

Have u looked in the last couple days? I think you will be surprised.

stini228

Wow, zero blockouts in April, interesting. Every Saturday in April was blocked out last year. Easter weekend is also not blocked this year??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom