Fun With Numbers: MK Maingate Blackout Edition

BrianV

If people get in free to the parks, they will be in the park and have to spend money. Honestly they'll be even more inclined to spend more spend more money since they got in free.

By that logic shouldn't all tickets for all guest be cheap or free if they can just make it up on the purchase they make while in the parks?

mm52200

I can assure you that I've never felt more inclined to spend money inside the Magic Kingdom because I get in for free. In fact, I have the opposite reaction.
I mean not everyone does that, but I know my family isn't as tight on our spending as we might be usually if we know we didn't have to pay for admission that day in the park due to comps or what not.

BrianV

I mean not everyone does that, but I know my family isn't as tight on our spending as we might be usually if we know we didn't have to pay for admission that day in the park due to comps or what not.
If they give me free admission ill promise to spend at least what just would have paid for admission. Deal?

JimboJones123

I, for one, am thrilled that we can actually visit MK this summer. Last summer was a real bummer visiting the other parks but having MK blocked the whole time. It forced us to use our Sea World and Busch Gardens passes far more than we intended, thus spending quite a bit more cash there as well. There were quite a few days when I would have rather had chicken and waffles for lunch from Sleepy Hollow for lunch. What really sucks, I still have not been to the new Pecos Bill's because of the insane blackouts the past 12 months. I cannot wait to get there in the next few weeks.

Disone

Originally March 2015 was almost completely blocked out, with only the first four-ish days open to maingates, but just as those dates arrived, the entire month flipped open leaving just four or so days towards the end of the month open. Then April came with hardly a block out date, then May and June. Head scratching but welcoming I am sure, but then Q2 results..... WDP&R attendance was flat with increasings at DLR being off set by a Moderate drop in attendance at WDW. May be the case that while moderate, it was enough to warrent lifting block out dates.

betty rose

I, for one, am thrilled that we can actually visit MK this summer. Last summer was a real bummer visiting the other parks but having MK blocked the whole time. It forced us to use our Sea World and Busch Gardens passes far more than we intended, thus spending quite a bit more cash there as well. There were quite a few days when I would have rather had chicken and waffles for lunch from Sleepy Hollow for lunch. What really sucks, I still have not been to the new Pecos Bill's because of the insane blackouts the past 12 months. I cannot wait to get there in the next few weeks.
Waffles and chicken is gone from Sleepy Hollow. It was reported on the Disney food blog.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom