Fun With Numbers: MK Maingate Blackout Edition

EOD K9

You do know that in a phase closing that ONE DAY tickets are blocked from entry even when multi-day and AP's are allowed access do you not? So why would it be surprising that One Day Hopper's would be blacked out out as lower tier AP's are now???
Along those lines, here is a question. I purchased a 1 day hopper after my last cruise but did not use it. If, on my next visit I go to scan in, and I am blocked due to phased closing, does it register that it was used or not?

JUFL2019

You do know that in a phase closing that ONE DAY tickets are blocked from entry even when multi-day and AP's are allowed access do you not? So why would it be surprising that One Day Hopper's would be blacked out out as lower tier AP's are now???
You really are an idiot when it comes to researching facts

JUFL2019

You DO know that one day tickets are blocked during - phase close, lower level AP's are blacked out and also subject to phase close. And why is this called a 'Ticket' instead of a PASS?
And you DO know that there would be zero use in posting that information on the CAST block out information website which is where that photo came from. Those tickets are for the new seasonal cast Maingates.

JUFL2019

You DO know that one day tickets are blocked during - phase close, lower level AP's are blacked out and also subject to phase close. And why is this called a 'Ticket' instead of a PASS?
And your PASS vs ticket arguement is invalid anyway. Comp Ticket, Celebration Ticket etc.

But I digress, I should probably stop feeding the troll. They don't know what facts or reason are anyway.

mm52200

Block out dates were just posted for May and June for Walt Disney World.
Magic Kingdom only has blockouts May 27-30 and June 15, which is a Wednesday. The rest of the parks are wide open.

This is quite the contrast compared to last year correct?

mm52200

Just double checked and last year Magic Kingdom was blocked out all but two days the whole month of June, and was blocked out all but 14 days the month of May. Quite the improvement I would say...

GymLeaderPhil

Someone wants large number of people in the parks. They want a captive audience who will purchase things. It's why the 3 and 4 Day Florida Resident promo tickets had their block out dates lifted.

They probably also want to pad their attendance metrics. Lots of construction and not a whole lot to justify visiting right now.

mm52200

Someone wants large number of people in the parks. They want a captive audience who will purchase things. It's why the 3 and 4 Day Florida Resident promo tickets had their block out dates lifted.

They probably also want to pad their attendance metrics. Lots of construction and not a whole lot to justify visiting right now.

Which is why it baffled me last year with all of the incessant blockouts. If people get in free to the parks, they will be in the park and have to spend money. Honestly they'll be even more inclined to spend more spend more money since they got in free.

Probably some special press event where they DON'T want unidentified CM's in the park, Unidentified as in not wearing a CM badge
CM's aren't blocked out that day, just guests and spouse passes.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Which is why it baffled me last year with all of the incessant blockouts. If people get in free to the parks, they will be in the park and have to spend money. Honestly they'll be even more inclined to spend more spend more money since they got in free.

CM's aren't blocked out that day, just guests and spouse passes.

Weird really Weird.

GymLeaderPhil

Short answer is that someone, very high up, is not interested guest satisfaction metrics.

These are the ones that correlate with a person's intent to return based on how much they were able to accomplish in a day. Varies park to park. There are other statistics, but this formula has been key for years now. It's one of the reasons MyMagic+ (a word you won't see in collateral anymore due to its negative connotations) was concocted.

George Kalogridis gave marching orders in 2014 to maximize profits. MyMagic+ overruns were apparent at that time. So there were a bevy of upcharge events most of which never cannibalized into normal park operating hours. They needed to continue to justify and show that MyMagic+ was helping with the numbers. It's unclear if these upcharge events (Harambe Nights, Unleash the Villans, and all the dessert/wine firework VIP mixers) did the job.

Now though with Shanghai, things are so dire that they have to sacrifice the guest experience. The only number that matters is the pure, short term profit. It's why they're cutting all of the fluff Cast Member positions. It's why they had the management restructuring in the front lines. The cuts are so deep that Bob Chapek is about to hit the bone and nerves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom