Fun With Numbers: MK Maingate Blackout Edition

cflwcast

I know from experience that operating participants must be full time for 3 years then on their anniversary date you can get a main gate pass...only allowing cm+3 and only get 6 times in the park with guests.

wogwog

Guess the attendance estimating gurus at WDW failed again during this "slow" time of the year. MK and AK park hours are extended an hour tonight 9/14.

hopemax

"Use it or lose it" budgets? New fiscal year, is just around the corner, so maybe they had less hours extensions earlier in the year than budgeted for?

Just brainstorming...

stini228

Nice weather today...you didn't instantly start sweating the moment you opened the door. Maybe locals came out more than usual?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Going with purely anecdotal evidence from my personal observations (which I realize are statistically irrelevant), September 6-11 was much busier than I've generally observed for that time period. I believe it was higher than Touring Plans had predicted as well, but @lentesta could speak to that with far more authority than I could ever dream of doing. ;)

I use TP's observed data for crowd levels. Based on that, your observations are correct when compared to the previous two years

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Is the impact the free dining plans, schools starting at the first of August and parents pulling kids out of school for vacation? Or is the economy that good right now?

The past week also seemed unusually high for September. Usually free dining has had to little to no impact over the past two years During this time year. (The American free dining period)

lentesta

Premium Member
Going with purely anecdotal evidence from my personal observations (which I realize are statistically irrelevant), September 6-11 was much busier than I've generally observed for that time period. I believe it was higher than Touring Plans had predicted as well, but @lentesta could speak to that with far more authority than I could ever dream of doing. ;)

It was indeed much higher than we'd seen. The stats guys are looking at why, including the theory that a Monday Rosh Hashanah (which we'd not seen before) contributed. We should have something on this in our regular weekly wrap-up of crowd levels (on the blog on Tuesday).

wogwog

Another miss on the forecast.

MK hours extended an hour tonight, Sept 21, and a second night parade added. On the other hand people in the park yesterday said it was not busy. Maybe Disney still has not figured out the effect of the Halloween parties properly.

BernardandBianca

Was at DHS yesterday, and it did not seem very crowded. Walked up to Brown Derby and got in within 6 minutes. After we ate, we walked down to Midway Mania, and while the board said wait time for standby was 70 minutes, it took us 35 minutes (timed) to go from "under the sign" to on-board the vehicle. Interesting thing was that, when we got off, the FastPass+ line was back to the restrooms, with a CM standing there holding a sign saying FP+ line starts here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom