Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

Hey I have my Dreamfinder costume I could wear to the protest. :)

Lets not get carried away now! :lol:

Stupid question..

If Epcot opens at 9am (with the ability to get into the gate a few mins prior for the opening ceremony) but the dedication is at 10am... What do we do until then?

There are no stupid questions... Just stupid answers. Most of us will be going straight to MouseGear to buy these anniversary shirts. I know I will. Directly afterwards, I am going to the stage to get a good spot, take photos and set up my video camera.

I heard there are 1,982 shirts up for grabs...

My thoughts exactly! Correction though. After I get there, there will only be 1,969 shirts... :animwink:

stake out spots, buy pins, buy t-shirts, etc. they could make a killing if they had CMs hawking Epcot anniversary stuff to the people waiting for the rededication!

I forsee a large range of scalping before the rededication. "Two Figment pins? Two Figment pins?"

Get your Spaceship Earth planter rocks right here! $29.95, cash - check - or major credit card! Spaceship Earth Planter Rocks! One of a kind!

Where do I swipe my card? :lookaroun

You all could take that time and help me sneak away from the wedding and go to the rededication without being noticed! My fiance is fairly sure that around 9:30 I'm going to make a break for it and try to run around the lagoon before Disney security catches me. I'm sure a crazy Epcot fan in a bride gown wouldn't look too suspicious... :lookaroun

Please make sure you send us a photo of you and your soon-to-be husband after the wedding so we know what you looked like on during your wedding- as I safely assume you won't be joining us in full wedding gear.

Nah, I'm just joking around. My fiance and I have wanted our wedding to be at Epcot on its 25th anniversary since we started planning it. :) We'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary at Epcot's 50th!

Celebration 50 is just around the corner folks... Registrations close on September 25th, 2032! :D

EPCOT.nut

j/k of course! I had a very small, intimate wedding, and could not imagine doing something so public. I do plan to have a fantastic 15th anniversary vacation in 2 years at WDW. I hope you have fun on your big day.

Figment82

You know what is the funniest part of all of this? The store rarely sees more than 4 people in its first hour of being open. Who would have thought that there'd be a huge stampede to a store in the morning?

Those poor Mouse Gear CM's waving to the guests aren't going to know what hit them.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Now hold on.....let's get through the FIRST 25 and then begin planning the next Event! :lol:

So here we are folks....just about a week away now from the "Big Event"! Are you excited?

Silly question...but i had to ask.

So HOW excited are you? "That" excited??? :)

Well i was sitting around on my break today thinking about this entire saga.....the entire story of how this Event started, where it went, and where it will end up being when all is said and done. It is nothing short of amazing in my mind, cosidering how far it has come as a whole since those first steps were taken to start off a "movement" of sorts.

I feel very fortunate to be involved in this, bringing many people from all walks of life together for this momentous turning point in EPCOT's history. This will truly be a day to savour, to enjoy, and to then remember for quite some time afterwards. I am looking forward to the actual day, as the buildup and preperation part of it has been nothing short of thrilling. Once the day passes, i will be looking forward to all the reviews, feedback, photos, and everyone's re-tellings of their grand day in EPCOT celebrating the Silver Anniversary with about 1000+ fans.

Reflective is how i am feeling at the moment, reflective on how this all came to be and how far reaching this Event seems to be in bringing everyone together and calling attention to the greatness that IS EPCOT.

Just wanted to say thanks to Adam and Jason again, and to all those "special friends" of ours working behind the magic to make this dream come true.

:wave:

Wednesday night i will post up the two new Event Threads as noted a few pages back ( you guys have been chatty today....GOOD!) Watch for em' soon....and keep an eye out for me On Property starting The 27th!

As Mickey would say: "See Ya REAL Soon...!"

Figments Friend

Original Poster
You know what is the funniest part of all of this? The store rarely sees more than 4 people in its first hour of being open. Who would have thought that there'd be a huge stampede to a store in the morning?

Those poor Mouse Gear CM's waving to the guests aren't going to know what hit them.

I was thinking the same thing!! Nobody shops in the morning...as everyone is usually in a hurry hustling off to the big name attractions first.

Ha! Surely every single piece of EPCOT memorabilia will sell out in a matter of hours. The Retro line will be gone in no time.....i hope they have a lot of it ready...with 1000+ die hard EPCOT Purists in town, they would be crazy not to stock up weeks in advance. It will no doubt be a huge day for EPCOT gear. The Pins will probably all go too!

This will certainly send a clear message to Disney that RetroCot stuff IS HOT STUFF and we may have better chances of seeing MORE of it ( LOTS more) in the future. Yay!!!!

EPCOT.nut

/\ Excited? Are you kidding? This is the first time I have hoped that the park was terribly crowded on a day that I will be there! :animwink:

I still can't figure out how you all are going to "work" the Celebration and also enjoy it. I will pray for you all. :lookaroun:wave:

EpcotServo

There are no stupid questions... Just stupid answers. Most of us will be going straight to MouseGear to buy these anniversary shirts. I know I will.

HEY! A while ago you said we should get a spot for the event first! You were just trying to throw us off track, weren't you?
:lol:

Serious though, I want to see NO running towards MouseGear. I think we can all agree that we will walk slowy through the breezeway. The key to our enjoyment, is that we don't turn into a mob. (Like Haunted Mansion's opening) Sound ok everyone?
:D

A neat discussion to tide you over...How has EPCOT changed the world?

Here's my Five...

-Touch Screens
Since EPCOT's opening in 1982, Touch Screens have been used alot around the world. Many people's first encounter with a touch screen had to have been in Epcot's many touch screens that were used in ComuniCore kiosks and the WorldKey Information System. EPCOT had the foresight to use Touch Screens in many of the exhibits around the park.

-WorldKey information system
Ever since EPCOT opened in 1982, many places like museums, malls, and parks have used digital information systems to help people get information.

-Agriculture
since The Land opened, many of the agriculture techniques have been implented around the world. Heck, the other day I noticed a paid program for some mini-garden for your kitchen using Aeroponics. (They even mention EPCOT!)

-the Electronic Forum is already here
If you haven't noticed, you're living the future right now! The Electronic Forum from Comunicore is right here! Electronic Forums are all over the internet, and just like EPCOT's FutureChoice theatre, polls can collect information on what people think in a matter of seconds. With a click of the mouse, you can see what people from around the world have to think about important issues.

-Universe of Energy
While we haven't solved the energy problems of today, people are thinking up amazing new ways to fuel the future,and more and more people are accepting ideas of Wind, and Solar energy. And with more-and-more of wind, hydrogen, and Solor Energy choices opening up to us, they just might be our "Bridge to the future"

Now does anybody have any more to share?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Serious though, I want to see NO running towards MouseGear. I think we can all agree that we will walk slowy through the breezeway. The key to our enjoyment, is that we don't turn into a mob. (Like Haunted Mansion's opening) Sound ok everyone?

Very much agreed!

Just so long as we can sing the Way-La song though :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I still can't figure out how you all are going to "work" the Celebration and also enjoy it. I will pray for you all. :lookaroun:wave:

Who's "working"?? :lol:

The way i see it....once i get On Property, the "work" is over! Oh sure...i still have to be a "host" but that will be something fun and not too stressful. I am looking forward to it. The few hours i have to stand behind a table on Sunday and Monday will not be work really...as it will give me time to get to know Adam and Jason better, as well as meet many more people for the first time that are helping us with our Event ( like Lou, and others!).

So for me, it will not be "work". Whenever i visit a Disney Park, i usually end up "working" a little bit anyway ( i always get mistaken for a CM...don't know why really...)

Right now, i am working hard on trying to figure out how to fit everything i have to bring into my carry on bag ( still working on that one...and i have 4 days or so to go). I am also spending some time reflecting on this massive undertaking. My life may never be the same again after all of this...!

Disney_Freak429

Honestly with my horrid vision I wonder if I should just head over to the re-dedication & wait?

But I don't want to miss out on buying all the goodies choices choices hmmm.

I for one will not run but Heely to the stage. (again only jokeing) ;)

I really hope to save me time everything but the pins are out the days before.

brkgnews

Since they know they've got a stack of E-geeks outside the gates, you'd think they'd do the wristband thing for the limited merchandise (on major pin releases, you line up to get a wristband so you don't have to go through a mosh pit at the retail locations).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom