Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

wannabeBelle

From Celebrity Cruise Lines website:

At a Glance​

Beginning September 5th, 2022, all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, can now cruise on the following itineraries as long as they meet any testing requirements to board:

- All sailings departing from the UK and Europe (with the exception of Iceland)
- All sailings departing from Los Angeles

For all other sailings, please visit the Country Travel Requirements page for the country of embarkation for your sailing for more information regarding vaccination age requirements.

I dont see anything for the cruises departing Florida or other locations but this is what we've got so far. I'll update as new information comes in. Marie

wannabeBelle

I don’t see the vaccine mandate for 12 and over dropping by then…but I could be wrong.
I tend to agree but with all of the changes happening, that could be a possibility. Would you consider postponing your trip to later in the year so the 19 year old can come along? It may only be afew months but changes are happening pretty quickly right now. Marie

disneyfireman

Untill Disney drops the unnecessary mandate. Even the CDC has just stated all is same now. Vaxed or un vaxed. There is no way I’d give DCL my business when just about all others have dropped it. Certainly here soon DCL will realise thier folly and end this.

wannabeBelle

More updates from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines website:

Healthy Sail Center​

All Guests, All Aboard
Updated August 22, 2022 | Effective September 5, 2022
We’re making it easier for more guests to sail with Royal Caribbean.
Unvaccinated travelers can join us for almost all U.S. sailings.
Starting with September 5th departures, guests who are not vaccinated can sail on almost all cruises from the U.S. (except itineraries that visit Canada or Bermuda). More details.

Testing protocols will be easier
Starting with September 5th, for U.S. cruises that don’t visit Canada or Bermuda:

• Vaccinated guests won’t have to take a pre-cruise test on cruises that are shorter than 10 nights.
  • Unvaccinated guests age 5 and up will need to test within 3 days before boarding, regardless of cruise length.
  • We will begin accepting results from self-administered home tests. See full testing details
Requirements in other regions
Starting September 5th, guests who are not vaccinated can also sail on European cruises. Currently published testing and vaccination requirements remain in place for cruises from Australia and Singapore; cruises that depart from or visit Canada or Bermuda; and transatlantic sailings, until further notice.

To see current protocols by port of departure, visit our Getting Ready to Cruise page.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
More updates from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines website:

Healthy Sail Center​

All Guests, All Aboard
Updated August 22, 2022 | Effective September 5, 2022
We’re making it easier for more guests to sail with Royal Caribbean.
Unvaccinated travelers can join us for almost all U.S. sailings.
Starting with September 5th departures, guests who are not vaccinated can sail on almost all cruises from the U.S. (except itineraries that visit Canada or Bermuda). More details.

Testing protocols will be easier
Starting with September 5th, for U.S. cruises that don’t visit Canada or Bermuda:

• Vaccinated guests won’t have to take a pre-cruise test on cruises that are shorter than 10 nights.
  • Unvaccinated guests age 5 and up will need to test within 3 days before boarding, regardless of cruise length.
  • We will begin accepting results from self-administered home tests. See full testing details
Requirements in other regions
Starting September 5th, guests who are not vaccinated can also sail on European cruises. Currently published testing and vaccination requirements remain in place for cruises from Australia and Singapore; cruises that depart from or visit Canada or Bermuda; and transatlantic sailings, until further notice.

To see current protocols by port of departure, visit our Getting Ready to Cruise page.
Nice!

wannabeBelle

Update to the Covid testing policies for DCL:
Beginning Sept. 23, 2022, for sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder and beginning Nov. 7, 2022, for sailings aboard the Disney Magic, fully vaccinated Guests are no longer required to participate in COVID-19 testing in order to sail. Guests who are NOT fully vaccinated must continue providing proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken one to 3 days before the sail date. However, Guests who are not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second test at the terminal on embarkation day.
Hope this information is helpful!! Marie

Phonedave

From Celebrity Cruise Lines website:

At a Glance​

Beginning September 5th, 2022, all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, can now cruise on the following itineraries as long as they meet any testing requirements to board:

- All sailings departing from the UK and Europe (with the exception of Iceland)
- All sailings departing from Los Angeles

For all other sailings, please visit the Country Travel Requirements page for the country of embarkation for your sailing for more information regarding vaccination age requirements.

I dont see anything for the cruises departing Florida or other locations but this is what we've got so far. I'll update as new information comes in. Marie

I think this is a very confusing way of saying "Unless you are traveling to countries that required testing, Celebrity does not require testing"

If I am correct, Bermuda and Canada Celebrity cruises only depart from the east coast (NJ, Florida, and maybe Baltimore), and Canada cruises from Seattle (on their way to Alaska, as is required)

I don't think Celebrity has a Grand Cayman cruise right now (I could be wrong - I have no desire to cruise there, would much rather go via air for a number of days)

Iceland is also out of NJ or back to NJ so that covers Iceland as well.

I think that is what they are saying in no so clear language.

I take it this means that for the Alaska 2023 cruise we are thinking of, testing is still on.

Ha, I just re-read that announcement, and it is about vaccination, not testing. I now have no idea what they are doing :)

wannabeBelle

Testing policies as of today via the Royal Caribbean Website:
FOR CRUISES DEPARTING FROM NORTH AMERICA

Cruises That Require Vaccination

Some North American cruises require vaccination for guests 12 and up, including:
  • U.S. cruises that depart on or before September 4th, 2022
  • U.S. cruises that stop in Canada or Bermuda, at any time
  • Cruises departing from Vancouver, Canada
All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. We will ask that you disclose your vaccination status prior to boarding (via the Royal Caribbean app, on our website, or at the terminal).
While we do not require kids 11 or younger to be vaccinated, those who have been vaccinated may follow the test guidance for vaccinated guests.
To be considered fully vaccinated, each guest's regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
A Certificate of Recovery is not acceptable in lieu of vaccination for guests of vaccine eligible age.
For guests on cruises that visit Bermuda, note that the local government does not recognize Novovax or Covaxin as approved vaccines — guests whose vaccination series consists of either will not be permitted to go ashore. For additional details, visit our FAQ on Cruises to Bermuda.
For Cruises Departing On or After September 5, 2022, From U.S. Homeports including San Juan, Puerto Rico with No Stops in Canada or Bermuda

COVID-19 vaccination is not required for sailings departing from U.S. home ports, as long as they do not visit Canada or Bermuda.
Royal Caribbean still strongly recommends that guests are fully vaccinated, if eligible, with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing.
For these sailings, documentation of vaccination is not required to board, but we will ask that you disclose your vaccination status prior to boarding (via the Royal Caribbean app, on our website, or at the terminal). We recommend you bring your vaccination documentation with you, as local authorities or businesses in some destinations may request to see it for entrance. Guests who are not fully vaccinated will need to bring a negative test result for any COVID-19 test taken within the 3 days before boarding day.
To learn more, visit our Testing Requirements FAQ.

wannabeBelle

From Celebirty's website regarding testing:
Testing Requirements

Vaccinated Guests

For all sailings 9 nights or less, no pre-boarding testing is required.

For all sailings 10 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test. Antibody tests are not accepted.

Unvaccinated Guests

For all sailings, unvaccinated guests ages 5 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test. Antibody tests are not accepted.

disneyfireman

Confirmed. For clarity, vaccinated guests on DCL need no tests from September 23rd.
thats the first common sense thing DCL has done since Spring 2020. Now just join the rest of society and end the testing all together...It serves no purpose. The "cdc" doesnt even distinguish between vaccinated or not anymore...

Phonedave

Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test.

Why even bother in this case. If they don't have to be proctored, how do they know they are my results. Also, how do they know I took it within 3 days of sailing. Do I have to take a picture of a newspaper with it?

disneyfireman

Why even bother in this case. If they don't have to be proctored, how do they know they are my results. Also, how do they know I took it within 3 days of sailing. Do I have to take a picture of a newspaper with it?
And you wouldnt believe the amount of arranged test... results. People aren't going to pay, plan etc and then get a silly + test result back...and NOT even be sick. thats why the pre testing is dumb...its always been dumb and thankfully most dont do it now...DCL is in the Stone Age with this. People are going to protect their vacation...and its set up thats its ok to cheat. Personally, I am vaccinated...I had to be due to my job...so NO, its not an issue for me..I dont have to be tested...but neither should anyone else at this point. Its just dumb...and again, achieving a negative test is easy...

disneyfireman

they dont and wont....thats the game you have to play...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom