Full photo coverage of the very first appearance and welcoming ceremony of Duffy

Magenta Panther

Act like adults?? you seriously need to go back and read other comments posted by people who are doing the complaining.... Disney fanboys act more like children than children do... They whine when they don't get an e-ticket.. They whine when a meet and greet is being built... They whine when a ride goes down for refurbishment... They whine when a slight change is being made to an attraction...

So, since people don't agree with you, they are acting like children...

Duffy was created to be a merchandising tool.. No one disputes that... Figment was created to be in a ride AND as a merchandising tool... But that is OK since Figment is in a ride???? You never did answer this question in my original post... Why?? Cause you will be proven to be the hypocrite you and 99.9% of Disney fanboys are???

So, what is it??? Do you want Disney to create original characters and NOT merchandise them??? I can see the complaining on this board now if Disney created a character and didn't sell a tee shirt LOL... Disney fanboys are the worst kinds of immature there are...

Best part about this comment is, we are allowed to have disagreements and argue them civilly, yet he or she takes a shot at Tigger and me as being childish... yep, that's an adult way to handle things... Take shots at people directly, mock them, make fun of them.. Call them names... Yep.. That's adult!!!

You can disagree without referring to people sarcastically as "fanboys", for one thing. You can say something like: "I think Duffy is fine", without saying words to the effect "but you disagree so you're dumb!"

I'm handling you the way I'm handing Tiggerwhatever: if you can't converse civilly without insults, then you are doing nothing less than harassing people and trying to create a flamewar. And you'll be reported to the mods, and they will handle it if they choose to. Your remarks don't impress me or intimidate me in the least, and I doubt they do anyone else, except those who get off on cyberbullying. :wave:

Magenta Panther

Yeah, I'm not breaking any forum rules so try all you like, but DISCUSSING things on the DISCUSSION forum isn't going to get me banned. Any attack you see is all made up in your head.

The only one who can't seem to handle "grownup" discussion is you, someone finds holes in your argument and you can't keep discussion going without threatening to call mods? And neither dxer07002 nor myself had to try too hard to point out your contradictory arguments, it was quite easy.

You need to look up what discussion means, hon. Here's a hint: it doesn't mean resorting to personal attacks when you can't win an argument.

Tigger1988

You need to look up what discussion means, hon. Here's a hint: it doesn't mean resorting to personal attacks when you can't win an argument.

Except the only one making personal attacks...is you, against both myself and dxer07002 with this "childish" business. Maybe we should be reporting you to the mods, HON.

Oh and since you asked.
an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.

Magenta Panther

Which one?? Hmmm... I am partial to Hunchback 2.... though a few of them were enjoyable...

However, you are still avoiding my questions...

Why is it OK for Disney to create Figment and then capitalize on his popularity by making tee shirts, pins, hats, plushes, antenna toppers, etc... And to do the same with Dreamfinder, a character that is, for all purposes, considered dead... But it is a crime to create Duffy and capitalize on his (I'll assume Duffy is a boy teddy bear) cuteness and popularity??? How is one OK and the other isn't??? How is not this not hypocrisy by Disney fanboys?? And how is this not typical Disney fanboy whining??

Just answer these questions... They are easy to answer...

What's the difference? Figment is part of a Disney attraction that many people like. The bear is just another souvenir. Gee, you're right, that WAS simple! :lol:

Captain Chaos

You can disagree without referring to people sarcastically as "fanboys", for one thing. You can say something like: "I think Duffy is fine", without saying words to the effect "but you disagree so you're dumb!"

I'm handling you the way I'm handing Tiggerwhatever: if you can't converse civilly without insults, then you are doing nothing less than harassing people and trying to create a flamewar. And you'll be reported to the mods, and they will handle it if they choose to. Your remarks don't impress me or intimidate me in the least, and I doubt they do anyone else, except those who get off on cyberbullying. :wave:

Go ahead and report me to the mods.. LOL...

And you were the first one to toss out insults calling people childish cause we questioned how this isn't hypocrisy...

And Fanboy is NOT a derogatory term...

Captain Chaos

What's the difference? Figment is part of a Disney attraction that many people like. The bear is just another souvenir. Gee, you're right, that WAS simple! :lol:

Ok, and it seems many people already like Duffy... So, if Duffy was put into an attraction, then this whole Duffy mechandise money grab by Disney would be OK???

And Dreamfinder is DEAD.. But Disney is putting him on shirts, pins, making dolls, etc....

Figment plushes are souvenirs too... so your arguments still don't make any sense and reek of hypocrisy..

Just admit, you are being a hypocrite... Or maybe you just don't like ANY Disney merchandise???

Magenta Panther

Except the only one making personal attacks...is you, against both myself and dxer07002 with this "childish" business. Maybe we should be reporting you to the mods, HON.

Oh and since you asked.
an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.

Let's break this down to the fundamentals: I did not begin this altercation. You said you couldn't take my arguments seriously, and that is an insult. We were discussing the Disney bear, and you turned this into a mean-spirited argument.

I'm glad you looked up the meaning of "discussion", but you sadly haven't seemed to learn anything from it. I don't see "personal attack" or "insult" in that definition.

Tigger1988

If we want to get technical Figment is currently part of an attraction many people dislike and perhaps that's why his marketability has plummeted in the last decade.

Tigger1988

Let's break this down to the fundamentals: I did not begin this altercation. You said you couldn't take my arguments seriously, and that is an insult. We were discussing the Disney bear, and you turned this into a mean-spirited argument.

I'm glad you looked up the meaning of "discussion", but you sadly haven't seemed to learn anything from it. I don't see "personal attack" or "insult" in that definition.

Again the only one making personal attacks and insults is you. What with your continued use of a condescending "hon" and repeated use of the "childish" insult.

And no, I can't take someone who contradicts themselves seriously, I doubt many people would. I'm not going to apologize for that. :shrug:

The only one who turned it into an "altercation" (what is this, a street fight?) is you. This is a message board, people will respond to your arguments with counter arguments. That's the entire point of a message board.

Magenta Panther

Ok, and it seems many people already like Duffy... So, if Duffy was put into an attraction, then this whole Duffy mechandise money grab by Disney would be OK???

And Dreamfinder is DEAD.. But Disney is putting him on shirts, pins, making dolls, etc....

Figment plushes are souvenirs too... so your arguments still don't make any sense and reek of hypocrisy..

Just admit, you are being a hypocrite... Or maybe you just don't like ANY Disney merchandise???

Okay, I'll try to make it simpler: Duffy is attached to the parks ONLY by way of being a souvenir. NOT as a memory of a park experience. That's the difference between him and Figment. If Disney wants to make money with a nondescript teddy bear, whatever, but I think Figment would make a better representative of EPCOT because he's PART of EPCOT. My gosh, chill, dude. You're going to wear out your ???? key! :lol:

Captain Chaos

Okay, I'll try to make it simpler: Duffy is attached to the parks ONLY by way of being a souvenir. NOT as a memory of a park experience. That's the difference between him and Figment. If Disney wants to make money with a nondescript teddy bear, whatever, but I think Figment would make a better representative of EPCOT because he's PART of EPCOT. My gosh, chill, dude. You're going to wear out your ???? key! :lol:

Duffy now has a meet and greet so he has become a part of the park experience memory for those who choose... Imagination is a ride and park experience for those who choose to ride it.. By the attendance figures, Imagination and Figment are no longer part of the park experience for millions of guests... Figment is sadly a dead icon..

While I agree, Figment is perfect for FUTUREWORLD, Duffy is a perfect icon for World Showcase...

Magenta Panther

Again the only one making personal attacks and insults is you. What with your continued use of a condescending "hon" and repeated use of the "childish" insult.

And no, I can't take someone who contradicts themselves seriously, I doubt many people would. I'm not going to apologize for that. :shrug:

The only one who turned it into an "altercation" (what is this, a street fight?) is you. This is a message board, people will respond to your arguments with counter arguments. That's the entire point of a message board.

Yes, hon, but you haven't proven I contradicted myself at all. I have stated plainly that I think that Disney parks ought to have attractions based on Disney characters. My comment about Duffy was that, since he hasn't been involved with any aspect of Disney prior to his arrival at the parks, park guests might wonder what Disney movie he was in. That's it. I never said he wasn't created by Disney. He is. He's a character created by Disney as an EPCOT mascot and souvenir. My argument is that perhaps a better character is available - Figment, a character that was actually part of an EPCOT attraction, like the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion. That's it, and somehow you found that worth getting into a lather over. It's really puzzling. Why are you wasting so much bandwidth over something like this?

Tigger1988

Yes, hon, but you haven't proven I contradicted myself at all. I have stated plainly that I think that Disney parks ought to have attractions based on Disney characters. My comment about Duffy was that, since he hasn't been involved with any aspect of Disney prior to his arrival at the parks, park guests might wonder what Disney movie he was in. That's it. I never said he wasn't created by Disney. He is. He's a character created by Disney as an EPCOT mascot and souvenir. My argument is that perhaps a better character is available - Figment, a character that was actually part of an EPCOT attraction, like the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion. That's it, and somehow you found that worth getting into a lather over. It's really puzzling. Why are you wasting so much bandwidth over something like this?

He's been a major figure at Tokyo DisneySea for many years now, so that's where your "hasn't been involved with any aspect of Disney prior to his arrival at the parks" argument sinks.

Though it's ironic you're insinuating anyone else is worked into a 'lather' given your over the top replies and playing victim for the past 3 pages.

Captain Chaos

He's been a major figure at Tokyo DisneySea for many years now, so that's where your "hasn't been involved with any aspect of Disney prior to his arrival at the parks" argument sinks.

Though it's ironic you're insinuating anyone else is worked into a 'lather' given your over the top replies and playing victim for the past 3 pages.

Tigger, don't forget... There have been books written about Disney Bear... Duffy is Disney Bear... So he has been around in the Disney Universe for a little while now...

Magenta Panther

Duffy now has a meet and greet so he has become a part of the park experience memory for those who choose... Imagination is a ride and park experience for those who choose to ride it.. By the attendance figures, Imagination and Figment are no longer part of the park experience for millions of guests... Figment is sadly a dead icon..

While I agree, Figment is perfect for FUTUREWORLD, Duffy is a perfect icon for World Showcase...

Well, okay, then, now you're cooking with gas. I'd still prefer that a World Showcase mascot have something to do with an actual attraction there, but I can see that it would be problematic to do so. What could Disney choose? A troll from Norway? A dragon from China? Remy the Rat from France? :lol: So maybe you're right - a nondescript teddy bear might be the best way to represent ALL the countries without offending anybody or leave any country out. I'd still prefer Figment though. He'd be believable as a world traveler, because imagination can take you anywhere and so on. But I think I can see your point. Well done!

Tigger1988

Tigger, don't forget... There have been books written about Disney Bear... Duffy is Disney Bear... So he has been around in the Disney Universe for a little while now...

I also forgot to mention he was sold in WDW no more than 3 or 4 years ago under "the Disney bear" name. So yeah, he's been around.

Captain Chaos

Well, okay, then, now you're cooking with gas. I'd still prefer that a World Showcase mascot have something to do with an actual attraction there, but I can see that it would be problematic to do so. What could Disney choose? A troll from Norway? A dragon from China? Remy the Rat from France? :lol: So maybe you're right - a nondescript teddy bear might be the best way to represent ALL the countries without offending anybody or leave any country out. I'd still prefer Figment though. He'd be believable as a world traveler, because imagination can take you anywhere and so on. But I think I can see your point. Well done!

Exactly... Duffy has traveled the world... He fits in perfect with World Showcase... again, you don't have to like him, that is your choice... I couldn't care less about him to be honest... But I also see nothing wrong with it...

Now that this has been said, and we both have stated our cases, I'm considering this "discussion" over...

Captain Chaos

I also forgot to mention he was sold in WDW no more than 3 or 4 years ago under "the Disney bear" name. So yeah, he's been around.

He was?? LOL... Shows you how much I been paying attention to Disney merchandise.. But I am also not the target demographic for these teddy bears...

Tigger1988

He was?? LOL... Shows you how much I been paying attention to Disney merchandise.. But I am also not the target demographic for these teddy bears...

Yup, pretty much the "naked" bear sans the Duffy name, it was just "Disney Bear". He also had a book sold in MK, I remember picking it up for my niece.

cover_disney_bear.jpg

Magenta Panther

Exactly... Duffy has traveled the world... He fits in perfect with World Showcase... again, you don't have to like him, that is your choice... I couldn't care less about him to be honest... But I also see nothing wrong with it...

Now that this has been said, and we both have stated our cases, I'm considering this "discussion" over...

And so do I. Cheers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom