Fuel Rod swaps now $3 at WDW

skelm

Well, I think I said it before, but silly me - I only bought in because of the free swaps. I have a handful of other portable chargers already, and did not "need" this solution, but bought in for the convenience. I would like to think there are others in the same position, that like me, will now say "nevermind."

I do agree with you there is a certain component of guests that use it exactly as you say...they will still buy. Although I think it's likely the "OH S#!t crowd" is buying a rod and not just swapping because they probably forgot the last one they bought at home too.

That is exactly why I bought two of them. I am a local, I am an annual passholder. We have two "go bags" for when we go to any of the parks. They consist of sunscreen, refillable water bottles, umbrellas/panchos AND Fuel Rods. We don't have to worry about phones going dead. The Fuel Rod out of juice? Just swap it.

ThatMouse

For those who haven't drunk the Koolaid, here is my recommendation.

Anker PowerCore 10000 for $23 USD on Amazon
(Edit: If you want USB-C, there's an Anker PowerCore 10000 PD)
Up to 10 times the capacity of 1 Fuel Rod

It's fairly lightweight. I use it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As such, I think they'll now wither away into non-use to the point that it will no longer be a profitable operation at WDW, so the machines will be removed.
Probably for the better... who wants boxes of potentially explosive lithium ion batteries just laying about their very expensive and guest-filled theme parks anyway?

KeithVH

You know. Maybe, just maybe, if humanity wasn't so addicted to the latest 'opiate of the masses' that cellphones have become, this wouldn't be a problem?

TheRealBobIger

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY AND FUEL RODS ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE HAVE REVERSED OUR DECISION ON CHARGING FOR A SWAP ON A FUEL ROD EFFECTIVE IMMEDEATLY.

WE ARE NOW PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT FUEL RODS WILL BE SPONSERING OUR NEW FLAGSHIP ATTRACTION IN STAR WARS GALAXY EDGE "RISE OF THE RESISTANCE POWERED BY FUEL RODS"

WE ARE COMMITTED TO BRING A IMERSIVE EXPERIENCE TO ALL OF OUR GUESTS WITH OUR PARTNERS AT FUELRODS.

ROBERT A IGER
CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

Gringrinngghost

For those who haven't drunk the Koolaid, here is my recommendation.

Anker PowerCore 10000 for $23 USD on Amazon
(Edit: If you want USB-C, there's an Anker PowerCore 10000 PD)
Up to 10 times the capacity of 1 Fuel Rod

View attachment 421928
It's fairly lightweight. I use it.
That's only 10,000mAh, Fuelrods are about 2600 (to be tested for validity) so technically its at the least 3.84x

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom