frustratingly vague MK rumor...

Heyyall

TheDScoop said:
Since I don't post here often, I try to post fairly detailed and concrete info (ex: innoventions plastics and nano exhibits or pal mickey info). I figure doing so helps somewhat offset the lack of posting history in the credibility department...so, I debated even posting this latest info because it is admittedly vague to the point of being frustrating...

But, because of the source of this one (a former imagineer who has been a lead show designer on several previous disney parks both here and overseas), I've decided to share this...

Apparently, the new attraction for wdw's 20k area has been whittled down to two possible projects...and both projects would have height restrictions.

So, whichever way they go, the new attraction will not be an unrestricted family dark ride like some are suggesting/claiming/promoting.

Significantly, the decision to go with a height-restricted project was not made by wdi or wdw management but was finally decided by higher authorities. This despite the fact that at least two of the proposed projects that did not make the cut were brand new non-height-restricted concepts (i.e. not clones or remakes).

Unfortunately, my acquaintance simply did not know any specific details regarding ride mechs or backstories other than that one of the two options does involve the use of water effects and that the attraction will be opened in time for the 2008 holiday season.

Again, sorry for the lack of additional details. I will say that this individual probably shared this with me (as he suspects it was probably shared with him) because their are very strong internal disney disagreements regarding the type of attraction most appropriate and needed for this area.

I'd love to hear if anyone else can now share more about this. Scoop.

sounds intresting! thanks for sharing...dont worry, this is called news and rumors ...sounds like a good rumor to me..hehe.

FutureCEO

holy hogwarts, it is very vague for i don't understand it very clearly

And by Higher Authority...do you mean God? :lol: sorry. had to do it

But the Water part sounds amazing....like a raft ride/flume ride but they would'nt add a flume ride cause they got Slapsh or a roller soaker type ride

Steamboat_Kevin

Hmmm... sounds interesting. A shame that it won't be an unrestricted family attraction (because of the height restrictions), but interesting nonetheless. I really hope its good, whichever one they choose :)

General Grizz

I wish it were a family attraction (as it is Fantasyland), but I may change my mind if this rumored attraction is beneficial.

If it's Harry Potter, I'm ready to march over to Burbank and topple down the Eisner statues.

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, I kinda hear the same stuff.
Apparently, forces at WDW were lobying for something like 2 decent D-tickets, family stuff.
However, forces further up the chain (J.R. level and above) are concerned about the lack of new E-tickets in the last 10 years at MK, and that big space is simply too big to ignore.
Out go the two Ds, in comes the E.
Me...I approve wholeheartedly. Not having a family, I have no interest in a new family dark ride in Fantasyland. Give me a monster E-ticket!

Oh, and Grizz...breathe easy...unless something has seriously changed in the last week or so...it ain't Harry P. (Not that I know exactly what they're looking at, 'cause I don't.)

FutureCEO

Harry Potter in the Kingdom, maybe, not practicle. Disney movies should stay in the Magic Kingdom and outsiders and non-aminated disney go to the MGM.

Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are the best fantasy flicks of our generation. Generatiion Y, X, Z or whatever the hell we are.

TinkerBell9988

General Grizz said:
If it's Harry Potter, I'm ready to march over to Burbank and topple down the Eisner statues.

I'm with you, Grizz! I will be disappointed to the extreme if it is Harry Potter... :( I want a nice Fantasyland attraction that fits the theme of the land that it is in... Or maybe they will add the attraction to Mickey's Toontown Fair and make it "Mickey's Daring Ring of Fire." :fork:

:lol:

General Grizz

E-Ticket: Does not necessarily have to be a thrill ride! Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion quality, fellas.

I hope this thing can be something truly great - to this level - because you don't get this amount of space too often at the MK!

We shall see.

SirNim

Just so long as the quality exceeds that of Dino-Rama! :lol:

Any new development (with the aforementioned exception) is good development, considering the parcel of land (er- water? lol) it's being built on was literally wasted for 10 odd years... But I still think that not building (a) new attraction(s) immediately is a little "fishy"... Oh well... Whatever becomes of it becomes...

brisem

TheDScoop said:
This despite the fact that at least two of the proposed projects that did not make the cut were brand new non-height-restricted concepts (i.e. not clones or remakes).

From this statement, could the new ride be a clone or a remake? Since at least two were new concepts.

jrriddle

First off nice to hear from you again Scoop, how's family life treating you?

Second I'm with Lee on this one.
I'm not a Family Guy either (I miss that show, can't wait for it to come back).
I'll take 1 E-ticket over 2 D-tickets any day.
As mentioned on the other 20K thread I would also like to see Mysterious Island from TDS. But I guess this won;t happen.
Oh well maybe one day when they lose the Speedway.

MagicalMonorail

OK, we've got a ride coming that will have height restrictions, possibly water affects, and is most likely a clone. (surprise surprise) Anyone else see Matterhorn?

1disneydood

I don't think they'll build matterhorn. WDW, more specificly AK is getting Everset. And last thing MK needs is another mountain.

dxwwf3

Lee said:
However, forces further up the chain (J.R. level and above) are concerned about the lack of new E-tickets in the last 10 years at MK, and that big space is simply too big to ignore.
Out go the two Ds, in comes the E.
Me...I approve wholeheartedly. Not having a family, I have no interest in a new family dark ride in Fantasyland. Give me a monster E-ticket!

I agree with you Lee. The MK needs a new E-ticket and a new thrill attraction. And hopefuly they could kill two birds with one stone and make the next E-ticket addition a thrill ride. There are so many different things they could do with that huge piece of land.

I also must say, though, that Disney is going to have to be careful in adding a thrill attraction to the MK. First thing we all know is they can't make it that scary. Otherwise it won't last very long :animwink: . Seriously though alot of people go crazy when you start talking about adding a thrill ride to the Magic Kingdom. And this would be in Fantasyland of all places. It's going to be a tough sell, IMO. I can just see the angry parents now complaining about how their kid got scared on a thrill ride in Fantasyland :brick:

I would rather see a new thrill ride in Adventureland or Liberty Square, but the land needed just might not be there. The old 20K Lagoon certainly has enough land to put just about anything Disney can come up with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom