Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I couldn't help but notice that you have been to WDW once as an adult, yet seem to have very strong opinions as to how others should feel about potential changes to the parks. There are many local annual passholders in these forums who visit several times a month. Perhaps experiencing the attractions multiple times makes us crave some change? And yes, I have followed this thread for months. There are plenty of knowledgable well-read "new members" who decided to join for various reasons. A well- known member isn't necessarily entitled to any more respect than a new one. Sorry, just had to speak up for all of us newbies.
I dont think it takes a seasoned Disney vet to recognize a bad decision for the parks. Nor should a "newbie" to the forums hold their tongue on how they feel about it. We should all speak our minds. I think the common misconception amongst those who favor the layover is that they believe those who dont want the layover are either against a Frozen ride, hate characters at EPCOT, or are just trying to "save" Maelstrom. None are accurate. Its more about Disney doing the most absolutely cheapest thing possible and in turn chipping away at what WS is supposed to represent. Disney is taking the path of least resistance to make it appear as if they have spruced up EPCOT and due to having millions of Frozen fans who are just itching for anything, they have their support.

Its funny to see adults acting like children over this layover. Those who want a Frozen attraction so badly that they will accept a sure to be lack-luster layover instead of waiting for something more grand. Its like telling a child they have to wait for that new video game until it goes on sale because the price is too high. They dont care, they want it NOW and will take it all costs. Are EPCOT and DHS getting stale? Sure, but that doesnt mean you just accept anything they do as quality, especially when its IN THE WRONG PLACE. Would you accept Peter Pans Flight having all the characters removed and being turned into an educational ride about London and its history? You would probly say, "that belongs in World Showcase at EPCOT".

aladdin2007

...that used to be lovely before they arrived...

it was my favorite, so good and enjoyable and could walk up, the manager at the time got to know us and gave us free veiled maidens.,, now the place is a mess to put it kindly.

oh somewhere on here i dont think it was this thread, but there was an argument about whether the bakery still had the veiled maidens. they dont. they have the rice cream with strawberries but the veiled maidens with the applesauce and cinnamon is gone. :banghead: that bakery is a sad effort anymore.

Macdaddy1717

It is just ridiculous that you all believe this post, Its the WORLD SHOWCASE. Not hey lets randomly throw frozen into it. The showcase is not for that. And idc how many people say they have a "source" i wont believe it till you show me proof from a disney website or some resource saying so about it changing to frozen.
morecoffee.gif
ill be waiting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It is just ridiculous that you all believe this post, Its the WORLD SHOWCASE. Not hey lets randomly throw frozen into it. The showcase is not for that. And idc how many people say they have a "source" i wont believe it till you show me proof from a disney website or some resource saying so about it changing to frozen.
morecoffee.gif
ill be waiting.

Yeah, totally ridiculous, they would never change over a ride in a WS country to include Disney characters.

Gran-Fiesta-Tour-Starring-The-Three-Caballeros_Full_873.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
morecoffee.gif
ill be waiting.
Well, if that all it takes for this not to come true....

Macdaddy1717

Yeah, totally ridiculous, they would never change over a ride in a WS country to include Disney characters.

Gran-Fiesta-Tour-Starring-The-Three-Caballeros_Full_873.jpg
that has never been even CLOSE to as popular as Maelstrom. people actually care about that transformation, 50% of travels dont even know about this ride in the first place.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
that has never been even CLOSE to as popular as Maelstrom. people actually care about that transformation, 50% of travels dont even know about this ride in the first place.
You speak for that entire 50%, do you?

And if TDO would eliminate popular and long-time entertainment acts around EP to save a few bucks, why would the Norway pavilion suddenly become sacrosanct? Particularly if the potential ROI was so great....

aladdin2007

Oh boy. I think Steve needs to check into the sudden rush of new members. I have a feeling we don't have as many new members as it seems, more like the dame member several times, returning after being banished.

Yeah whats the deal, we had been having very nice and interesting conversations about all this, and then over the last few days several new members have come into here like a hurricane starting arguments right off the bat.

Captain Chaos

Yeah whats the deal, we had been having very nice and interesting conversations about all this, and then over the last few days several new members have come into here like a hurricane starting arguments right off the bat.
Previously banned member(s)... Disney's social media... who knows?

I just know I'm not falling for or getting pulled into their, um, wait, can't say it...

New Frozen song... LET IT TROLL, LET IT TROLL...

Macdaddy1717

Somehow me being a new member to this society of forums makes me a troll? Just cause I said I want to see a source showing this conformation. I wasn't even trying to be mean or start anything. I'm a frequent Disney goer myself and am just passionate that I want maelstrom to stay around.. I would rather a refurb than just frozen coming in and overlaying one of the rides I love. It's not the most exciting ride but I enjoy it. Look change is exciting, it brings new and exciting things. But I just don't wanna see one of my favorites go away..

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Somehow me being a new member to this society of forums makes me a troll? Just cause I said I want to see a source showing this conformation. I wasn't even trying to be mean or start anything. I'm a frequent Disney goer myself and am just passionate that I want maelstrom to stay around.. I would rather a refurb than just frozen coming in and overlaying one of the rides I love. It's not the most exciting ride but I enjoy it. Look change is exciting, it brings new and exciting things. But I just don't wanna see one of my favorites go away..

Opening your post with an insult normally doesn't lead to kind responses.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No, you just decided to toss aside everything said before because you don't want to accept it may happen. And in a derisive manner. Other than that....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
morecoffee.gif
ill be waiting.
Around here we kind of know what we are talking about.

Often before Disney PR does.

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom