Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocabear

Change Akershus to Anna and Elsa's Coronation Feast… it is a natural and would be crazy popular….and a whole lot better than random princess meals… to me that (random Princess meals) is much more of an affront to World Showcase than a Frozen overlay.

MikeTaylorSound

Like I said before, I can deal with an upgraded queue line-it has to be one of the worst in WDW anyway, but the ride itself is just classic. Open up the old playground again and trot out Anna & Elsa 'til your heart's content. We all know there's room for it, so just do it there! Maelstrom is the heart of Norway, with the pastries in Akershaus and the Carlsberg cart out front. ;) The Stave Church has already been gutted with Frozen stuff, leave our flume ride alone!

aladdin2007

Like I said before, I can deal with an upgraded queue line-it has to be one of the worst in WDW anyway, but the ride itself is just classic. Open up the old playground again and trot out Anna & Elsa 'til your heart's content. We all know there's room for it, so just do it there! Maelstrom is the heart of Norway, with the pastries in Akershaus and the Carlsberg cart out front. ;) The Stave Church has already been gutted with Frozen stuff, leave our flume ride alone!

Not only that but theres an entire expansion pad sitting there behind it, behind trees between Norway and Mexico. They should be using that instead of stuffing it in Norway. But no that would cost too much.

plaz10

I felt really good about this yesterday - thinking "There's no way they will put in a Frozen/E ticket attraction in the Norway pavilion because they don't have the room for the for the large queue that would definitely be needed. Plus the movie doesn't even take place in Norway!" But now hearing about the inability to make FP+ in late September...o_OI'm worried.

I really hope I didn't just ride Maelstrom for the last time last week - I won't be back again until November. :arghh:

DisneyCane

If they do this, nobody will be able to ride it without some super special ticket package that allows 120 day advanced FP+. The capacity isn't very much and I don't think they'd be able to increase it without a major redesign of the ride system.

Just look at the situation with people trying to have their kids meet girls dressed as cartoon princesses. Now imagine what the demand will be like for an actual attraction.

SoccerMickey

I'm not opposed to adding characters to attractions in World Showcase but I feel that replacing Maelstrom with Frozen is doing a major disservice to both Maelstrom AND Frozen but with guests flocking to the mediocrity that is Frozen Summer Fun the masses will definitely be eating it up. I guess the average Walt Disney World guest finds more entertainment in watching their children being amused than getting entertained themselves. This just in: you can stay home and throw in a blu ray for the same effect for a lot less dollars.
I'm really surprised this is going through because it's a big enough investment that will get something in place that the public wants but not a big enough investment to do it right. And now with something as in demand as Frozen I would think they'd be looking to see what the Disneyland equivalent could be because how this will probably play out, long term, would be Florida would get the cheap shoehorned version of the attraction then a few years later California will get the more flushed out, zoned and planned attraction. Maybe this a clear sign that the one Disney Parks brand message is starting to get dissolved.

JEANYLASER

I felt really good about this yesterday - thinking "There's no way they will put in a Frozen/E ticket attraction in the Norway pavilion because they don't have the room for the for the large queue that would definitely be needed. Plus the movie doesn't even take place in Norway!" But now hearing about the inability to make FP+ in late September...o_OI'm worried.

I really hope I didn't just ride Maelstrom for the last time last week - I won't be back again until November. :arghh:
yeah me too! Maelstrom is to scared for me because of the trolls and I won't be back again until November also!

Haymarket2008

Well... I can't add much to this thread except that I took a unique video with very light sensitive equipment 2 years ago... check out my video of the ride I suppose I wouldn't mind if they updated it but kept the spirit of the ride in tact.

This is a fantastic video! If it goes...(WHICH IT WON'T :/) this is the video I will look at to remember! I like how you took some shots of the North Sea when you were heading into the unload area. And super nice quality all around!

SpaceMountain77

I purchased two Maelstrom shirts during the limited-time Disney Store offering, one to wear and one to save.

If Frozen is not tastefully done with respect to Norwegian culture, then I will need to update my profile and move Disneyland Park into my top spot.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
This just breaks my heart. I was planning on getting a tramp stamp inspired by the Maelstrom. "You are not the first to pass this way, nor shall you be the last." No one will understand it now. :cry:

kaneclapping.gif

FigmentJedi

elsa appearing the final oil platform scene.
I'm sorry, but that's just a hilarious scene to imagine.

If they're going the "Frozen as device to show the country" route, it might be a pinch more palatable. Might even work out better then Caballeros, unless if they decide to shove Olaf everywhere.
Also to be honest, "Arendelle" never really came off as more then just a fictional Norwegian port-town rather then it's own distinctive imaginary country (Rapunzel's Corona on the other hand was a goulash of German/French/Polish influences and had more of a flavor as a result). There even is an actual town called Arendal in Norway.

It's still lame that they're doing this instead of giving Frozen a proper E-Ticket in the Magic Kingdom.

Mike S

I'm sorry, but that's just a hilarious scene to imagine.

If they're going the "Frozen as device to show the country" route, it might be a pinch more palatable. Might even work out better then Caballeros, unless if they decide to shove Olaf everywhere.
Also to be honest, "Arendelle" never really came off as more then just a fictional Norwegian port-town rather then it's own distinctive imaginary country (Rapunzel's Corona on the other hand was a goulash of German/French/Polish influences and had more of a flavor as a result). There even is an actual town called Arendal in Norway.

It's still lame that they're doing this instead of giving Frozen a proper E-Ticket in the Magic Kingdom.
Or DHS which could definitely benefit more from a Frozen attraction or land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom