Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Here you go and anyone else who is interested the entire show script for Maelstrom:

MAELSTROM:

A Norwegian High Seas Adventure

The guests board miniature Viking Longships to travel through a cave full of ancient Norwegian Petroglyphs, where they are introduced to the Spirit of Norway. The spirit beckons them to follow and discover the true Norway.

YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO PASS THIS WAY..

Now as they stare into Odin’s Eye as the lights and haze start spinning around the guests quickly find themselves transported back into the time of the Vikings.

NOR SHALL YOU BE THE LAST…THOSE WHO SEEK THE SPIRIT OF NORWAY FACE PERIL AND ADVENTURE…BUT MORE OFTEN FIND BEAUTY AND CHARM..

WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED WITH THE SEA…SO LOOK FIRST TO THE SPIRIT OF THE SEAFARER..

As they enter the Viking Forest

LONG AGO, NORWAY WAS A LAND OF VIKINGS…THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF OUR LOVE FOR THE SEA.

Then they enter a Viking Village and they watch as a Viking Longship of ages past prepare for an adventurous voyage.

VIKING VILLAGE (TRANSLATED)

VIKING WOMAN:

Per..are you sure Eric is ready for this voyage?

VIKING FATHER:

Don’t worry, Freda, I’ll tend to the boy. I know how special a first sailing is.

VIKING BOY:

Father, is it true there are sea monsters who can swallow ships whole?

VIKING FATHER:

I’ve yet to meet the likes of one

VIKING WORKMAN ON GROUND:

I remember my first sea voyage…

VIKING WORKMAN IN BOAT:

And your first sea monster, no doubt

VIKING WOMAN:

Eric, don’t forget your rucksack

VIKING WORKMAN IN BOAT:

Freda, you fuss too much. It’s here by me. I’ll see it stowed before we put to sea.

As the mighty Viking Coastguardsman blows his horn, the spirit then warns of the Trolls, called the “Hulderfolk”, the hidden people of Norway.

THERE ARE THOSE WHO SEE NORWAY’S SPIRIT VEILED IN A LAND OF FORESTS AND MYSTERY; WHERE TROLLS STILL PROWL THE WATERS EDGE

The boats continue into a dark, foggy area where sinister shapes lurk in shadows around a still pool. Suddenly, the huge head of a River Troll rises from the water. A Three-Headed Troll appears from the shadows on the shoreline and casts troll magic over the boat.

TROLL COUNTRY

TROLL HEAD #1

WHAT’S THIS? HOW DARE YOU COME HERE?

TROLL HEAD #2

INVADERS!

TROLL HEAD #1

STOP! THIS IS TROLL COUNTRY!

TROLL HEAD #3

LOOK AWAY! BEGONE!

TROLL HEAD #1

I’LL CAST THE SPELL!

TROLL HEAD #3

YES! YES!

TROLL HEAD #1

YOU’LL DISAPPEAR!

TROLL HEAD #2

DISAPPEAR! DISAPPEAR!

TROLL HEAD #1

BACK! BACK! OVER THE FALLS! (LAUGHING)

This causes the small craft to swing in a different direction. The little boats move backward out of the swamp and down the first drop, free from the dangers of the hungry trolls.

BEFORE RECORDED TIME, NORWAY’S SPIRIT ROAMED THE SEAS OF THE FAR NORTH, AND BEYOND

It becomes cold and wintry, and artic wildlife, such as polar bears and puffins can be seen. The little ships escape a confrontation with a huge polar bear, then pick up speed as they enter raging rapids.

TODAY, NORWAY’S SPIRIT STILL THUNDERS IN HER GREAT FJORDS

The boats finally slow and move past the birch groves of a mighty fjord, then nearly topple backward over a roaring waterfall. At the last instant, however, they are diverted an ancient stone troll.

ROCK TROLL:

HMM…WHAT’S THIS? HOW DARE YOU COME THIS VAY! DOWN TO THE NORTH SEA WITH YOU! (LAUGHING)

The current swings the boats about and the grand vista of Geiranger Fjord, with its famous overhanging rock, is revealed for the first time.

The boats drift forward, passing beneath the rock, then plunge head down a second, even steeper drop than the first. Unexpectedly, they are cast into the fury of a raging gale ripping through the Norwegian North Sea. The boats are tossed and tipped by the force of the storm. Lightning flashes and thunder cracks the heavens open. A towering oil production platform stands strong and silent against the wind and sea. The little Longships move around it and the Spirit of Norway adds.

NORWAY’S SPIRIT HAS ALWAYS BEEN, WILL ALWAYS BE ADVENTURE

The boats then sail into a calm harbor located on the south coast of Norway. A small sailboat is moored at dockside.

The small boats land at the harbor’s dock and the guests walk from the boat to the center of the village.

A village storyteller begins entertaining the guests with tales of his native land. Silhouettes of the village people can be seen in the windows of their homes. Traces of local conversations can be overheard and the personality of Norway begins to emerge. When a dozen boats have arrived and guests disembarked, the finale of the show begins. Four doors located at the rear of the village open up to allow guests to pass through into a theater.

thanks man!

The Duck

In the beginning didnt they hand out ponchos for guests to put on before boarding? Or they were going to
I can remember seeing a Disney TV special that was promoting the ride. Willard Scott from the Today Show was wearing a yellow poncho (as were everyone on the boats) and it was said that this was to keep the guests dry from the big finale in the "North Sea".
I was under the impression that they were handing out ponchos and collecting them at the end but I can't imagine this going on for long. The time wasted with the ponchos would have ruined the ride's capacity and the line would have been out of the building and down the street.

:( I like Maelstrom! Hope they don't change it. It's timeless and eventually (not any time soon but eventually lol) the Frozen crowds will calm down. Don't think they will build much for it - well at least for years and years. They only built Beasts castle after years of it being considered a classic.

Tonka's Skipper

I really don't think Frozen will replace Maelstrom. With the popularity of Frozen, even the next movie already being talked about for 2018, I see it having it's own stand alone attraction, even land.

AKK

Mike S

I really don't think Frozen will replace Maelstrom. With the popularity of Frozen, even the next movie already being talked about for 2018, I see it having it's own stand alone attraction, even land.

AKK
I don't like the idea of a sequel, the movie stands on its own fine. What could they even do story wise for a sequel? It would be better if they just made funny shorts with Olaf and Sven or something like what Pixar does with Cars and Toy Story.

WDWDad13

I don't like the idea of a sequel, the movie stands on its own fine. What could they even do story wise for a sequel? It would be better if they just made funny shorts with Olaf and Sven or something like what Pixar does with Cars and Toy Story.

They could milk frozen until the ice melts. They have much better shot as a major hit with frozen 2 than cars 2 or planes 2

GoofGoof

Premium Member

AKK
It took over 20 years to get a LM ride so Frozen Land opening at MK in 2034;)

I'm half kidding. Rides do take a long time to develop. I could see either LM or Beauty and the Beast shows at DHS being replaced by Frozen. Shows can be replaced pretty quickly. They could probably have it open by Christmas if they started right now.

Matt_Black

What could they even do story wise for a sequel?

Someone else with powers shows up? Someone or something that can CURSE people to have powers shows up? Some other country, now worried as Arendelle has catapulted itself into a major power overnight, declares war?

Mike S

Someone else with powers shows up? Someone or something that can CURSE people to have powers shows up? Some other country, now worried as Arendelle has catapulted itself into a major power overnight, declares war?
Whatever they do I just hope it's good, but we all know Disney's track record when it comes to sequels.

lazyboy97o

All extra fluff unless Elsa forgets the answer to using and controlling her powers.

Tonka's Skipper

It took over 20 years to get a LM ride so Frozen Land opening at MK in 2034;)

I'm half kidding. Rides do take a long time to develop. I could see either LM or Beauty and the Beast shows at DHS being replaced by Frozen. Shows can be replaced pretty quickly. They could probably have it open by Christmas if they started right now.

Your time table could not be all that far off! Joking...........actually the show idea I a perfect time filler for a full attraction to be developed and built

Tonka's Skipper

All excellent points!

AKK

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Your time table could not be all that far off! Joking...........actually the show idea I a perfect time filler for a full attraction to be developed and built
There was a rumor a while back that The Princess and the Frog and Tangled were replacing the 2 shows at DHS. I could see Frozen move into the Beast theater now instead.

I could also see a potential Broadway show for Frozen. With the right set pieces they could make it a huge hit.

Tonka's Skipper

There was a rumor a while back that The Princess and the Frog and Tangled were replacing the 2 shows at DHS. I could see Frozen move into the Beast theater now instead.

I could also see a potential Broadway show for Frozen. With the right set pieces they could make it a huge hit.

Il bet a week pay there is a Broadway show within 5 years!

AKK

Matt_Black

Whatever they do I just hope it's good, but we all know Disney's track record when it comes to sequels.

As far as straight-to-video sequels go, yes that's true. It's looking unlikely that that will be the case with Frozen. As far as theatrical sequels go, Disney has a better track record. Rescuers Down Under is far superior to the original, and Fantasia 2000 and Winnie the Pooh, despite not being huge box office draws, were very well received critically.

EricJ

As far as straight-to-video sequels go, yes that's true. It's looking unlikely that that will be the case with Frozen. As far as theatrical sequels go, Disney has a better track record. Rescuers Down Under is far superior to the original, and Fantasia 2000 and Winnie the Pooh, despite not being huge box office draws, were very well received critically.

And in F2K and Pooh's case, it was only theatrical/scheduling problems that caused them to be financial flops for the studio. (Rescuers, OTOH...)

Mike S

How could I forget Rescuers Down Under, I loved that movie as a kid!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom