Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLink

Why can't they build a frozen ride IN ADDITION to Maelstrom? Why is everybody in imagineering so focused on doing cheap overlays of existing rides that never turn out good??

Easy if they went in a proposed $300million expansion to the pavilion, they may green light it, however they wouldn't want to pay for it.

Matt_Black

And again, characters have no place in World Showcase attractions.

Hate to break it to you, but a Disney character has been in the American Adventure show for YEARS.

Lmint-02.jpg

:D

jencor

.....the 'dumbing down' of society now requires that anything with a semblance of possible educational attributes ...be cartoonized. (ie: Spaceship Earth)

...wanna' mess with Maelstrom? Then use the newest generation of animatrionics to update the trolls, vikings and the polar bear ....but keep the damn cartoon characters out of there.

....all I'm envisioning is a replica of that abortion of a ride in Mexico with those idiotic ducks yapping through the entire trip ...and a display case of representative 'plushie' toys staring you in the face as you exit.

How do you keep the cartoon characters out of Disney, it was all started by a mouse (I hope I do not bust your bubble, but he is a cartoon character). All the Princesses are also cartoon characters. I go to Disney cause it is a fantasy. If I did not want cartoon characters, then I would go to the Universal where I would get comic characters. Wow, reality really does escape us here. Off to SeaWorld then.

mguimond1990

http://news.moviefone.com/2014/01/02/disney-frozen-attraction-epcot/ heres the lin where I read the story. Theres a couple interesting quotes
1) "Those of you who love the Maelstrom might want to go visit it."
2) "Disney's not going to make the mistake they made with "The Little Mermaid" again. They're not going to wait 20 years to get a ride,"
3) "There will be something in the next 18 months. Supposedly there's something larger in the works for Disneyland but that's in line behind the Marvel and the 'Star Wars' stuff."

I won't hold my breath but I wouldn't mind.

ABQ

I don't believe for a minute that there's any truth to the rumour of overlaying or replacing Maelstrom with Frozen. If they were to spend any money on work at the Norway pavilion I'd rather they simply add lights to the structures like all the others aside from Morocco, I understand that it's the King of Morocco that has prohibited that, and that's certainly his right as long as they are paying maintenance. However, as Norway is all WDW funded, it's about time they trimmed that pavilion.

doctornick

And I really wouldn't mind them using the Disney characters through out EPCOT, if it was done in the same way as Lion King characters in "The Circle of Life" film at the Land, using them as hosts for the various exhibits.

Exactly. Anna and Elso hosting the post-show film about the wonders of Norway would be great. But I don't see the need for a specific Frozen themed ride in Norway.

I think that's where they missed th emark with Nemo in the Seas. It would have been a better execution if it were "Nemo and friends welcome you to the Living Seas" where the characters talk and educate about life undersea, rather than being a quasi-retelling of the movie.

Nmoody1

It would cheapen the Norway pavilion based on the fact that Frozen is et in a mythical land named ARUNDEL and not in NORWAY - sure it may be loosely based on nordic touches, but I think if they wanted to add Frozen anywhere then Magic Kingdom is best..... or Norway can be a gateway to a Scandanavian story area.... but Maelstrom should stay and Frozen should be an added attraction.

Bryansworld

I'm for it --- they could really fix that up.

A Ratatouille ride in France would've been fine too.... ;)
I agree Ryan, Im fine with added attractions that fit. The more attractions the better. As long as they are do it right. It's frozen up here in PA by the way.

FitzherbertFreak

I agree Ryan, Im fine with added attractions that fit. The more attractions the better. As long as they are do it right. It's frozen up here in PA by the way.
All I've got to say is that WDW should have done their original plans for a roller coaster in Japan. It's all because of Kodak's rivalry with Fuji Films...

SJN1279

I wonder if this is why Imagination has gotten a reprieve? Instead of updating that Pavillion it looks like Epcot may be updating Norway's ride to Frozen for 2015. Since they lost Norway's contract, and the fact that Frozen is Disney studios biggest hit behind Lion King, this move makes perfect sense. Hope it happens.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Good thing Frozen was a Disney only production then, huh?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind it if they expanded behind Norway and had a section dedicated to Frozen with a family E-ticket as per an earlier post (the film was spectacular), but if you're gonna futz with Maelstrom, at most just update the animatronics and refurb the existing elements.
If they're unwilling to expand the pavilion (more than likely), they'll at least plug them into the princess dinner at Akershus, probably making them a staple with the other princesses revolving as they do now.
As for the Stave Church actually being an exhibit on the life and architecture as presented in the film, it makes me feel like they may be making an effort to move toward updates and additions for quality (I may be setting myself up for failure).

I have to say though - while I'm here - the area where you get off the boat may be one of my favorite exit areas in WDW
I wouldn't mind if they refurbished the ending to the city in frozen (forgot the name) which would lead them to a redo of the film with the frozen characters as the host or a MNG

FitzherbertFreak

Yes, Epcot could really use a roller coaster that is themed well. Japan would prob be the best place.
What I think Epcot really needs is the addition of a new Country. Some people are totally against adding another, and "throwing off the World Showcase." However, somehow, there is room for 7 more countries. What I think WDW needs to do first is get rid of the Outpost. There has been rumors of turning that into Brazil for years. I say it's about time that they do it. There could be an rain forest ride; Maybe a steakhouse?

Crazydisneyfanluke

What I think Epcot really needs is the addition of a new Country. Some people are totally against adding another, and "throwing off the World Showcase." However, somehow, there is room for 7 more countries. What I think WDW needs to do first is get rid of the Outpost. There has been rumors of turning that into Brazil for years. I say it's about time that they do it. There could be an rain forest ride; Maybe a steakhouse?
Maybe a boat ride through the amazon encountering several dangerous animals which ends in a small city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom