Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt

Considering that aside from the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Avatar if construction actually gets underway this year, Disney is building nothing in regard to new attractions, and nothing further formally announced. Hence, the chances of a Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom are probably pretty slim.

And again, characters have no place in World Showcase attractions.
Avatar will break ground on Monday. All of the construction vehicles have started to arrive today. Cast bicycle routes backstage close on Sunday due to the construction presence.

plaz10

In regards to Mexico - the ride is still similar to original with addition of characters.

I don't think you could just add Frozen characters to Maelstrom - you'd have to gut the entire ride. I don't think they'd do that. I should rephrase...I HOPE they don't do that.

JohnD

Sounds like Disney is sending its trial balloons through Jim Hill again....

As long as you brought him up, who is he and why should we care what he has to say? I've seen several videos and he's just some blogger in a Hawaiian shirt opining on what he knows or thinks he knows. Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in what he has to say but what gives him credibility? Being a long-time blogger with multiple WDW visits? I guess that's something.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
As long as you brought him up, who is he and why should we care what he has to say? I've seen several videos and he's just some blogger in a Hawaiian shirt opining on what he knows or thinks he knows. Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in what he has to say but what gives him credibility? Being a long-time blogger with multiple WDW visits? I guess that's something.
Beats the he!! out of me....

JerseyDad

.....the 'dumbing down' of society now requires that anything with a semblance of possible educational attributes ...be cartoonized. (ie: Spaceship Earth)

...wanna' mess with Maelstrom? Then use the newest generation of animatrionics to update the trolls, vikings and the polar bear ....but keep the damn cartoon characters out of there.

....all I'm envisioning is a replica of that abortion of a ride in Mexico with those idiotic ducks yapping through the entire trip ...and a display case of representative 'plushie' toys staring you in the face as you exit.

FitzherbertFreak

.....the 'dumbing down' of society now requires that anything with a semblance of possible educational attributes ...be cartoonized. (ie: Spaceship Earth)

...wanna' mess with Maelstrom? Then use the newest generation of animatrionics to update the trolls, vikings and the polar bear ....but keep the damn cartoon characters out of there.

....all I'm envisioning is a replica of that abortion of a ride in Mexico with those idiotic ducks yapping through the entire trip ...and a display case of representative 'plushie' toys staring you in the face as you exit.
Goodness tell us how ya' really feel. But if you wanna mess with the Three Caballeros, I'd get all of their species correct. There is only one duck... Thank you very much.

BrittanyRose428

I think a Frozen addition could be very well done, but that doesn't mean I want it. I like the Maelstrom how it is now, and I don't think the rides in World Showcase need characters.

doctornick

I think a Frozen addition could be very well done, but that doesn't mean I want it. I like the Maelstrom how it is now, and I don't think the rides in World Showcase need characters.

If they insist on adding the Frozen characters, why not use them in an updated/revamped post-show in the theater? Not only does that leave the integrity of a great ride intact, but it updates something that many people just skip and it could be added far quicker than a ride change so it would be more timely relative to the movie.

FitzherbertFreak

Of course it could be well done... But I agree, I am not for it. Kids will focus on the characters, and Epcot will start to loose educational values.

JerseyDad

Goodness tell us how ya' really feel. But if you wanna mess with the Three Caballeros, I'd get all of their species correct. There is only one duck... Thank you very much.

.....seriously? Who gives a flying ...duck ....parrot, and rooster! Did I get their ornithological lineage correct now?!!

....the ride still is a major embarrassment.

....and yes, that's how I feel.

FitzherbertFreak

.....seriously? Who gives a flying ...duck ....parrot, and rooster! Did I get their ornithological lineage correct now?!!

....the ride still is a major embarrassment.

....and yes, that's how I feel.
Well, I surely don't miss the old ride. Talk about a "major embarrassment." Maybe I just love the ride because my favorite characters are now in it. There is no need to get all crazy though.

"....and yes, that's how I feel."

JerseyDad

Well, I surely don't miss the old ride. Talk about a "major embarrassment." Maybe I just love the ride because my favorite characters are now in it. There is no need to get all crazy though.

"....and yes, that's how I feel."

....not crazy at all. The 'need' for everything to be a cartoon is disturbing......

CDavid

At one time (maybe 15 years ago???) Jim Hill may have had a semi-reliable source somewhere to feed him information, but that is certainly long gone. Since then, he's been so mistaken about so many obvious rumors that people (half-seriously) take the position that if Jim Hill says its a go, you can count on it not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom