Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyboy97o

In favor of what? What am I in favor of? Changing the facade of GMR from Chinese Theater to the Frozen Ice Castle? Where did I say I was in favor of that? Or, in your obsession of always being right and desire to constantly make people out to be wrong, you misread or failed to comprehend what I was saying?

I never once said I was in favor of removing the Chinese Theater facade and replacing it with Frozen/ice castle facade. I simply said, when I head Jim Hill's podcast about GMR going away, something cool going inside (cool being the clue word here), and the trackless ride system, i thought right away that the replacement could be Frozen. And I only said it is something I could see Disney doing.Where did I advocate for this change to be done? Hint: NO WHERE.

So come on Mr. Perfect, prove it.
The proof is in repeatedly saying "it's just a theme park," and trying to give similar examples. For someone who claims to not favor the idea you're getting really riled up about people not liking it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well I'm glad I was able to clarify that for the first person to misunderstand it, which just so happened to be a member that has had a problem with me since my first post and whom is on my ignore list. Thanks for completely ruining the joke by needing an explanation.

Let it go. ;)
The problem was that your "joke" needed explaining in the first place. But keep trying and stay classy....

cw1982

However, if what 74 said (DHS getting a name change) and other rumblings about DHS getting a new direction, it will be less about "Hollywood" and more about going on a fantastical Hollywood adventure. The working studio has been dead for years now. They obviously are looking at this as being just a theme park. I can see them doing something like this. Remember, profits and bottom line first.

Right. That's why I was so careful to say that I think the ice castle would make more sense if they abandon the Hollywood theme. Otherwise, it would look silly imo.

And just because I don't like it doesn't mean I can't see TDO going through with it lol ;)

Captain Chaos

The proof is in repeatedly saying "it's just a theme park," and trying to give similar examples. For someone who claims to not favor the idea you're getting really riled up about people not liking it.
Cause you are putting words in my mouth. You are 100% wrong, and obviously, can't stand to be wrong. You think you know it all. And you don't. I suggest you stop right here since you are wrong and only digging yourself deeper.

Again, go back and read and point out where I ADVOCATE and where I said I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. You won't find it cause I never said that. But again, you always feel the need to be right (your posting history proves that) so go ahead.... and prove it.

Captain Chaos

Right. That's why I was so careful to say that I think the ice castle would make more sense if they abandon the Hollywood theme. Otherwise, it would look silly imo.

And just because I don't like it doesn't mean I can't see TDO going through with it lol ;)
EXACTLY!!! ;)

You get it. Too bad others don't LOL.

Next Big Thing

It's funny that people think a trackless ride through an icy environment that is magically lit up in different, vibrant colors would be great. That ride already exists in Orlando...
Yeah, but it sucks. Even today's Disney could do a much better job than that sack of horse manure.

lazyboy97o

Cause you are putting words in my mouth. You are 100% wrong, and obviously, can't stand to be wrong. You think you know it all. And you don't. I suggest you stop right here since you are wrong and only digging yourself deeper.

Again, go back and read and point out where I ADVOCATE and where I said I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. You won't find it cause I never said that. But again, you always feel the need to be right (your posting history proves that) so go ahead.... and prove it.
Then why did you keep insisting that Main Street, USA was a parallel example? The castles did not replace some other structure. They were not placed there to capitalize on the success on a film. You claim it is a detached financial observation but kept going to an artistic example.

Wildflower

Hi. I was wondering if anyone who has standing reservations could check and see if Maelstrom Fastpasses still seem unavailable after 9/28? I read a post on a different forum that claimed they are now available for the first week of October and maybe even beyond. Anyone have confirmation?
fwiw I just tried for 10/12 and it doesn't show up at all (not even showing up as standby avail...)

Oriolesmagic

So what's the latest news regarding "Maelstrom - A High Seas Norwegian Adventure" becoming "Frozen - A High Seas kind of Norwegian Adventure"? This thread has gotten a bit too long to go through.

RSoxNo1

You say that, but the funny thing is (and I am sure I wasn't alone in this), when Jim Hill mentioned GMR is going away during one of those recent podcasts, and that something cool was replacing it, and adding how the trackless tech from Ratatouille would be used in DHS, I thought right away:

Replace the Chinese Theater with the Ice Castle, use the trackless tech (I know, GMR is already trackless) from Ratatouille there, and make it a Frozen ride. Some will scream NO WAY, AN ICE CASTLE IS STUPID AT THE END OF HOLLYWOOD BLVD. But is it any more stupid than a castle at the end of Main Street?
It would be akin to Walt's argument about the Matterhorn being visible, "No, it will be great!" Again, I would prefer a devoted land to Frozen, but if the choice is between re-skinned Maelstrom or trackless ride replacing Great Movie Ride, I'll take the second one each time.

misterID

It would be akin to Walt's argument about the Matterhorn being visible, "No, it will be great!" Again, I would prefer a devoted land to Frozen, but if the choice is between re-skinned Maelstrom or trackless ride replacing Great Movie Ride, I'll take the second one each time.

I have no faith they would utilize the real estate for GMR in a way to justify its replacement. I'd take a frozen Maelstrom replacement any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom