Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Speaking of the legend of King Arthur as a good idea for a ride I'm watching H2 right now and if Maelstrom truly needs to be replaced there's another legend that would fit perfectly in Norway. Beowulf.

Bocabear

The Madame Tussaud's ride was not the best ride ever done, but I have to say, it gave a better picture of a country's history than any of the other World Showcase attractions (Except The American Adventure). If Blackstone Entertainment could do something that well, imagine what Disney could do if they put their mind to it!

doctornick

FP for Maelstrom, now that's a joke in itself.

People have said this before, but I don't really understand it. Maelstrom has always been one of the longest waits in Epcot and has paper FP previously. It's not like Nemo or SSE or Imagination where the capacity relative to demand is such that FP+ is silly.

Alternatively, maybe you mean that Maelstrom isn't a good enough ride to warrant Fastpass, in which case I'd still disagree since it is one of my favorite rides. Gonna miss it a lot.

Mike S

The Madame Tussaud's ride was not the best ride ever done, but I have to say, it gave a better picture of a country's history than any of the other World Showcase attractions (Except The American Adventure). If Blackstone Entertainment could do something that well, imagine what Disney could do if they put their mind to it!

I'd take Maelstrom any day over that. What was with the screeching sound?

dadddio

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
If I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!

Last edited:

Bocabear

Maelstrom has its issues, but it isn't THAT bad...
No, Maelstrom is charming, I just think it is a little too short... It's like an incomplete sentence... I wonder if the imagineer's original version of this ride told a complete story with a beginning middle and end, and 2/3 budget was cut... That is how it has always seemed to me...
I like it...Just wish it was fleshed out a little more...

dstrawn9889

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

dstrawn9889

i heard that the whole thing was about to be swallowed by a mutant space goat!
--confided in me by number 2, the Golgafrinchan expat, who currently drives a bus for Mears

DoctorDisney

People have said this before, but I don't really understand it. Maelstrom has always been one of the longest waits in Epcot and has paper FP previously. It's not like Nemo or SSE or Imagination where the capacity relative to demand is such that FP+ is silly.

Alternatively, maybe you mean that Maelstrom isn't a good enough ride to warrant Fastpass, in which case I'd still disagree since it is one of my favorite rides. Gonna miss it a lot.

This is also something I can't quite understand. I've had countless emails and comments stating that Maelstrom "doesn't need" a FASTPass. I've had people state that for reasons of it's "not good" and "it never has a line."

If you don't like it, then that's cool and I can respect it, but I love it. For those that say it never has a wait...I wonder how often they go to the parks. Sure, I can go much more often living behind MK, but it's actually rare that I see Maelstrom WITHOUT a wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom