Frozen Ever After opening day

wdwgreek

An attack on your opinion... Oh lordy an attack on an opinion the hirror for someone questioning how someone can despise a film not a person or situation but a film. Despise and dislike and even hate are very different. Calm down.
You seem to be a very angry person....let it go...

wdwfan22

I'm wondering why haven't they announced the Frozen upcharge event yet lol. I can see it now, avoid the 4+ line when you join us after hours and enjoy an authentic Norway experience. The adventure begins with a ride through, then off to deserts and cocktails before meeting some Vikings. It doesn't get any better than that right? All for $125 a person of course. I'm thinking they have missed the boat on this one.

gmajew

Premium Member
As usual Disney did not get their 150 million worth. UNI could have built an entire land for that budget What Diagon Alley cost what 260 million...

Someone posted that the number was north of 500m when all was said and done. Don't know if any number we hear is truth anyways. Nothing ever in financial reports either.

Rescue Ranger

I'I was hoping a big part of the attraction would involve how Norway inspired much of Frozen's visual experience. Even if just throughout the queue on monitors or displays. At least then I would feel this actually fits in Epcot and in Norway. But right now this still looks like it fits right next to Enchanted Tales or even HS.

I wonder if this is it for Frozen or if they still have a much grander attraction in mind?

jmmc

No amount of crying and yelling from a child would ever get me to wait in line for something for 3 hours. That just seems absolutely absurb to me.

And for the record, I never had much love for Maelstrom, either. I found it to be kind of boring and short. It was on my "visit if you're looking for something extra to do" attraction list.

Phineas

I'm wondering why haven't they announced the Frozen upcharge event yet lol. I can see it now, avoid the 4+ line when you join us after hours and enjoy an authentic Norway experience. The adventure begins with a ride through, then off to deserts and cocktails before meeting some Vikings. It doesn't get any better than that right? All for $125 a person of course. I'm thinking they have missed the boat on this one.

And with the 5 hour wait and opening week breakdowns, it's not just the Disney Company missing the boat!

....I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses.

Jimmy Thick

Rode it at park opening and...

Based on the IP it should have been more, a bigger experience. Frozen is and probably always will be huge to little ones, especially girls and I thought it was pretty much what it is, a nice little Malestrom replacement.

The animatronics are show stoppers though, they are completely state of the art, Elsa in the castle is goosebump worthy, Disney still rules this area of theme park exposition.

It's a nice little attraction though and gets me excited for Avatar and what Imagineering has in store for that, I just feel, like other have stated, it should have been a lot more, but it does not make me miss Malestrom.

Not one bit. If I want Norwegian culture I'll go to Norway not Florida.

jrogue

My first impression after watching WDW Magic's full ride video was ... just relief. I will never, NEVER get over the loss of Maelstrom and I still firmly believe that the World Showcase is an absolutely awful location for this attraction (I would've wanted it in Hollywood Studios, not even Fantasyland) BUT I am SO relieved that this ride has so far lived up to the hype.

I remember when everyone was so excited for The Little Mermaid's ride to open. If I recall correctly, there was all sort of AA breakthroughs boasted for this ride. I remember them talking about Ursula, and how Ariel's hair will move. While I agree that those AAs look cool, my overall impression of the ride was that it was half-assed. There are little plastic fish on the sides that are unmoving. They couldve at least wiggled a bit! Or SOMETHING! I remember when I first rode shortly after the ride opened, the oom where they sing "Under The Sea" looked like a room you'd find in a warehouse. It looks MUCH better now (I rode it last week) so I'm sure they did some lighting improvements, but it just seems like it wasn't a 100% effort job aside from the few impressive animatronics.

Now this Frozen ride? At least this ride looks full-assed! It looks like they went full in to make it as immersive and innovative as possible. Yes, there's tons of problems they will still have to work out and fix and do whatever with along the way (and I will never ride and NOT think of Maelstrom) but at least this (still fictional land in a REAL place) looks good from the videos I've seen so far. Some parts of the video I was like ok, BORING, but I am sure once I see it in person I won't have the same thoughts because I will actually be experiencing the ride.

I hope those wait times go down a bit ... but I'm also glad that the opening of this means that Mexico is now serving breakfast! And El Rio de Tiempo (I mean, The Gran Fiesta Tour) opens early! Hooray! I know I'll be on that like 6x while I'm waiting for my first ever Frozen Fastpass.

publicblast

I asked my 6yo daughter, who is a huge Frozen fan: "If we go to Epcot on Friday and don't get to ride Frozen, will you be angry?"
She replied, "4 hours in line? Some things aren't worth melting for! Let's just go on Test Track if it's that bad." I love that kid. :)

That said, if we arrive at the park entrance right at 8:30-8:45, think we can get on in under 90 min after park opening? Or has the madness already taken hold?

Mike S

I admit I was expecting a charming C, this appears much better than that.

Has anyone done both this and Hunny Hunt yet? If you peel away the neat ride system it seems like WDW finally has one of the top Fantasyland styled dark rides... In the world.

Even if it took a wrong turn and settled in Epcot.

I'm very excited for the next E-ticket iteration of this, hopefully Michele is on that project too.
How would you compare it to Shanghai's Peter Pan?

rioriz

You have a fuzzy memory of Hunny Hunt. It's actually shorter than Frozen and really has the same number of scenes.

-Seven: Opening Video, Blustery Day, Tigger Bounce, Pooh's House, Heffalumps - we'll count that as 2, Exit scene
-Seven: Olaf, Trolls, Lift Tunnel, Olaf skating, Anna/Kristoff/Sven, Elsa, Marshmallow, Arrendale Scene Exit Scene

I love Hunny Hunt, but I think people often get confused and don't realize it's a D ticket in size. I'm not saying Frozen is better, it isn't. But it's surprisingly not that far behind, outside of the ride system.

Fixed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom