Frozen Ever After opening day

Incomudro

I don't get what was so special about Maelstrom?
It was cool in it's day, but always felt like just a little ride in one of the countries as compared to a full fledged ride - if you get what I mean.
The only thing that bothers me about Frozen replacing it, is that Maelstrom worked for boy, and I have sons.
There's no way I'd be able to coax them onto Frozen.
Not at this age anyway.

NearTheEars

Not necessarily.

I'd FP Frozen, Single Rider on TT, and Stand-by on Soarin once the wait gets to around 45 mins or less (which it always has since it's been open with 3 theaters).

And that would only take a few hours. Not sure how it would be impossible to hit every major EPCOT attraction in one day.

MagicHappens1971

I don't get what was so special about Maelstrom?
It was cool in it's day, but always felt like just a little ride in one of the countries as compared to a full fledged ride - if you get what I mean.
The only thing that bothers me about Frozen replacing it, is that Maelstrom worked for boy, and I have sons.
There's no way I'd be able to coax them onto Frozen.
Not at this age anyway.
The age could be a factor too, but I personally can't wait to ride Frozen Ever After. And I know a lot of boys who loved Frozen because of Olaf

cindy_k

LOL I have read several posts that connected I4 traffic to Frozen. There is no correlation between the two: I4 is always crowded because as locals, that is what we take to avoid the toll roads lol.
On top of normal I-4 traffic awfulness, there was a major accident on I-4 in Lakeland that closed both sides of the highway for hours.
Glad I didn't need to go anywhere yesterday.

Did Frozen open this morning for everyone to ride? or is still in FastPass only land.

BrerJon

Has anyone done both this and Hunny Hunt yet? If you peel away the neat ride system it seems like WDW finally has one of the top Fantasyland styled dark rides... In the world.

I've only seen the videos of Frozen but it's clear it's nowhere close to Hunny Hunt.

Hunny Hunt feels longer, has much more involved scenes, more AAs (albeit less advanced), and a much higher re-rideability. If WDW had done a Frozen attraction on that scale the line would stretch to the real Norway.

I wonder if the Japanese are looking at the pictures of the Frozen line and expressing bewilderment at how long the lines are in the American parks!

Last edited:

Phineas

Like so many others here, I was sure this would be a terrible attraction. Maelstrom was one of my favorite experiences in the World, and I couldn't imagine not being able to visit Epcot and see my favorite 3-headed troll. And I really have to say, location choice non withstanding, this attraction looks fantastic. My jaw dropped when I saw Olaf walking(!), and seeing Elsa at her balcony, thinking for sure she had to be a projection. The Imagineers really worked their magic on this one.

As said before on here, hopefully this is the beginning of a turnaround for Epcot.

I know of a certain purple dragon and scientist/magician companion that are calling to you, Imagineers.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Hunny Hunt is a much longer ride, has much more involved scenes, more AAs (albeit less advanced), and a much higher re-rideability. If WDW had done a Frozen attraction on that scale the line would stretch to the real Norway.

You have a fuzzy memory of Hunny Hunt. It's actually shorter than Frozen and really has the same number of scenes.

-Seven: Opening Video, Blustery Day, Tigger Bounce, Pooh's House, Heffalumps - we'll count that as 2, Exit scene
-Seven: Olaf, Trolls, Lift Tunnel, Anna/Kristoff/Sven, Elsa, Marshmallow, Exit Scene

I love Hunny Hunt, but I think people often get confused and don't realize it's a D ticket in size. I'm not saying Frozen is better, it isn't. But it's surprisingly not that far behind, outside of the ride system.

brb1006

So, I too am impressed with the AAs and the general flow of the ride. I love that they didn't go for a lame "book report" and firm storyline, but rather did more of an "experience" where you visit Arendelle and are entertained by it. I like that it doesn't really detract from the pavilion being Norway.

That said, I would go along with the criticism that some of the scenes are quite sparse. Perhaps that's taking a strong cue from the film, but it makes things look under decorated. In particular the scene with Olaf ice skating followed by Anna & Kristoff -- there needs to be some more background "stuff" to fill it out.

Is Snowball supposed to move more? His limited motion is surprising.

That said, I loved Maelstrom and no matter how nice this is, I will probably be sad riding it for that reason. I wish they would have kept/updated that ride and built a Frozen ride elsewhere (personally, I would have been fine with them using the Summerhus space for a Frozen ride in addition to Maelstrom).

Edit: I will add that not everything needs to be a E-ticket and I think this ride fills a needed niche for Epcot. It's a better version of the smallish FL dark rides that Disney is know for.
You mean Marshmellow

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom