Frozen Ever After opening day

TiggerDad

Ratatouille to me seems a better fit as it takes place in modern day Paris...it is sort of about French cuisine... looks French, feels French...B&TB, while French (like Hunchback) feels more a fit for Fantasyland...as it is a fairytale, VS a story set in a real time and place... Leave the Fairy Tales for Magic Kingdom...World Showcase could take Ratatouille, Mary Poppins,MUlan... IPs set in the actual host countries, not mythical places.
Not taking a position on IPs in WS, but cloning a ride from Paris would likely be cheaper (and thus more likely to be approved by Disney) than creating a new ride.

CinematicFusion

It is. And it's their own fault. They made the choice. It's their own mess.

I'm afraid your other ideas are wide of the mark.

Can't argue with you on Frozen. It was their plan.
You guys know a lot more about the theme-park business then I do. I'm more of a movie guy.
That's where my thoughts come from.
My thoughts are Epcot's concepts from the original design are sound. They work, they are just outdated....way outdated. Going into Future World feels like going back in time to a 1970's version of the future with outdated VRCs guiding the way.

The concept is great though.
1977's Star Wars concept was great, so great Abrams took the blue print of what George Lucas did and updated it for todays crowd.
1992's Jurassic Park was a great concept....same blue print for Jurassic World.

That is my idea with Epcot....everything you need is already there, just update the Sh%$ out of it.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

You're not thinking about it correctly. By all accounts, Ratatouille is an excellent attraction. That in itself should be enough, I'd just like to see it in DHS instead.
I'm trying to think like Bob Iger, since he still calls the shots. He is very particular about which IPs are used. I don't see Ratatouille coming to America, regardless of how good the ride is.

BasiltheBatLord

okay this is past the new ice castle above where odin use to be, after you come up on the second level, and right before the first big (yet bland) scene where olaf is skating,. the huge snwflake on the right side has a lighting effect, as soon as it comes on after your on the second level, the lighting effect on it begins with what looks like odins eye in the upper left hand corner of it, before the rest of it starts glowing........I believe it was in the evac vid that was posted yesterday and can be seen best there.
I see it now. I think those are just reflections of lighting on the wall above you as you enter the room.

andre85

Yes, exactly. They created a ride that no doubt would be extremely popular with long lines and they chose to put it in the absolute smallest area and building possible with the lowest capacity. Either they are morons or they just dont care about their guests watiing 300 minutes. Not sure which one is worse, but neither is excusable.

So much hyperbole. It definitely isn't even the smallest area or building with the lowest capacity; it outranks several Fantasyland attractions in terms of guestflow.

Yes, it absolutely is.

There is no way making something too popular can be a "worst decision.". This is lunacy. Poor decisions, sure. But arguing that something which is too successful as WDW's worst decision in history is a hilariously laughable idea.

Last edited:

Mike S

So much hyperbole. It definitely isn't even close to the smallest area or building with the lowest capacity; it outranks pretty much every Fantasyland attractions in terms of guestflow.
Having better capacity than dark rides like Peter Pan's Flight or Pooh isn't exactly an amazing accomplishment. Peter Pan opened in 1971 at a time when Disney had absolutely no idea how many guests would one day be walking through the gates. Pooh was placed in the same ride building that used to be occupied by Mr. Toad so was similarly restricted. Please, don't even bother brining up rides like Dumbo or the Carousel. I'll just laugh. This is 2016. Disney should know how to build proper capacity for a ride that's anticipated to be very popular. Oh wait, they do.
tokyodisney-frozen-500x267.jpg

Let's not forget that Disney saw a need for increased capacity at Soarin' and TSMM.

Who has the numbers for Shanghai's version of Peter Pan out of curiosity?

Daveeeeed

So much hyperbole. It definitely isn't even the smallest area or building with the lowest capacity; it outranks several Fantasyland attractions in terms of guestflow.

There is no way making something too popular can be a "worst decision.". This is lunacy. Poor decisions, sure. But arguing that something which is too successful as WDW's worst decision in history is a hilariously laughable idea.
Um... okay, but headliners have capacities that dwarf Frozen Ever After. Peter Pan can be argued as a minor headliner, and look how bad it turned out for capacity and it is only a C... The demand is nowhere near as high for pooh as it is for Frozen, especially being that it is considered by most a D and not an C. Potc can do 3000+ I believe. Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy can do 2,200. Of course all of these numbers are in perfect conditions, and not exactly possible, but it is a comparison of maximum capacity for popular attractions. Frozen: Ever After is not even close to the biggest mistake Disney has made, but it is definitely up there on replacements for attractions. If they could do it again they might of just torn the show building down. Good ride, horrible capacity. There's not much to debate...

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Having better capacity than dark rides like Peter Pan's Flight or Pooh isn't exactly an amazing accomplishment. Peter Pan opened in 1971 at a time when Disney had absolutely no idea how many guests would one day be walking through the gates. Pooh was placed in the same ride building that used to be occupied by Mr. Toad so was similarly restricted.

The MK was not a new concept, and WDW was planned to be a massive crowd handler. So to say 'absolutely no idea no idea how many guests one day would be walking through the gates' is excuses, not facts. The park was built as the successor to the insanely successful DL. Yet, they built the attraction as they did.

Pooh? It was limited by footprint.. not anything else. And in DLR, where they had the CBJ to work with.. its roughly the same.

When was the last time Disney built a 2000+hr attraction? I think Everest was the last high volume attraction.

A 1000+ attraction isn't the blunder people think it is.. because they are looking at OPENING WEEK.. sheez.

If the alternative was keeping Malestrom... which no one gave a hoot about...

Goofyernmost

I keep hearing about this capacity thing yet the ride that they are using was designed and built when Disney was considered to be at it's high point. Isn't it pretty much the same capacity as it was over 30 years ago? Compared to the capacity of SSE, WoM, JIYI. Why was it OK back then and now it isn't. How would they have known at the time of building it that Maelstrom wouldn't be a crowd pleaser. Or in order to justify it people will have to admit that Maelstrom wasn't much of an attraction either. It will die down and to judge it as not workable in it's first week of operation is nothing more then the carry over and a loud attempt at "I told you so" by those that predicted it to be a disaster back then. The jury is still out. After enough time has passed, bugs have been worked out and everything settles down then all of us can decide if it passed the grade or fell on it's face. It hasn't done either at this point.

StageFrenzy

I keep hearing about this capacity thing yet the ride that they are using was designed and built when Disney was considered to be at it's high point. Isn't it pretty much the same capacity as it was over 30 years ago? Compared to the capacity of SSE, WoM, JIYI. Why was it OK back then and now it isn't. How would they have known at the time of building it that Maelstrom wouldn't be a crowd pleaser. Or in order to justify it people will have to admit that Maelstrom wasn't much of an attraction either. It will die down and to judge it as not workable in it's first week of operation is nothing more then the carry over and a loud attempt at "I told you so" by those that predicted it to be a disaster back then. The jury is still out. After enough time has passed, bugs have been worked out and everything settles down then all of us can decide if it passed the grade or fell on it's face. It hasn't done either at this point.
More attraction ride time and less people.

Disone

Did Frozen Ever after this morning.
  • Parked at 8:25
  • Got in line at the main entrance at 8:35
  • Got into Epcot at 8:45
  • Got to Norway at about 8:55. About five minutes before that I saw a throng of poeple being held at the bridge to Mexico let into the world showcase. A good strategy here would have been to arrive 15 minutes earlier, cut across the lagoon to Odessy and then meet up at the head of the throng.
  • Stood in line for 15 to 20 minutes outside, entering the building at exactly 9:15. Ride operating normally. The began filling the que at 8:50, but did not load anyone until 9am. (they were telling us this outside)
  • Waited another 35 minutes inside and got on at 9:50, give or take a couple of minutes. Oddly during the entire process almost ZERO fast pass guest came through. I counted Maybe 10 totally. Not sure why, I assumed the first 30 minuted did not have fast past times. I really expected to see fast pass start to build at 9:30, and one family of five came in and I thought "here it goes, the stand by is going to slow to a crawl...." but that was it. early there had been another group of five who after some arguement with the fast pass attendant, were let into the line.
Anyway, not to bad, next time I would get parked 10-15 minutes earlier.

Disney Analyst

Honestly is one of the most unique things I have seen in awhile... it's like the Imagineers knew there would be numerous break downs in this rides future?!?!

I also find it interesting how she is programmed to perform all of Let It Go, even though most times the next boat enters at "Light of Day"... so they can program her to continue, but the boat triggers the reset which happens so smoothly you'd never notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom