Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYmickey

Unfortunately, this change as well as the addition of Avatar Land to AK and some other changes around WDW appear to be driven by short-term thinking not long-term durability. If you look at all of the original rides and exhibits with the possible exception of some of the future world and technology things that became dated everything is still current and not dated.

In 10 or 15 years is frozen going to be a classic or something that has been long forgotten? Same goes for Avatar. The entire way of thinking within Disney has changed drastically in ways that I don't think Walt would have appreciated

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
It would certainly help keep her quiet in line.

You may get some funny looks though.
I took her two years ago - could have used it then, for sure.

At one point I said to her: If you put your hand on your hip and roll your eyes at me one more time, I'm gonna smack you.
9-year old Know-it-All (hand on hip, rolling her eyes): You can't smack me. You're not my mother.
Me: I have guardianship papers that don't expire until we re-enter Canada, that say I can smack you every day, and twice on Sundays.
Innocent Bystander: I wouldn't be waiting 'til Sunday.

But, I digress.

draybook

A theme park ditching theme is not an upgrade.

giphy%201_zpsjsrybadf.gif

disney4life2008

Remember what Disney/ABC did with Who Wants to be a Millionare? Once it took off I think it was on 5 or 6 nights a week. Complete overkill and then it was gone. Frozen seems to be getting a similar treatment. I wonder if Frozen Maelstrom will last longer than the Who Wants to be a Millionare show at MGM Studios.

Im confused, who wants to be a millionaire is still on and hosted by terry crews

disney4life2008

I am here now. While i do not like all the frozen overlay it is not as bad as it was over the summer now that was too much. I do have an issue with the overlay for the castle, that entire show is terrible. They should have kept the show as it was. And someone mentioned that the lights are different, I agree the castle doesn't look as bright as it did in years past.

disney4life2008

Unfortunately, this change as well as the addition of Avatar Land to AK and some other changes around WDW appear to be driven by short-term thinking not long-term durability. If you look at all of the original rides and exhibits with the possible exception of some of the future world and technology things that became dated everything is still current and not dated.

In 10 or 15 years is frozen going to be a classic or something that has been long forgotten? Same goes for Avatar. The entire way of thinking within Disney has changed drastically in ways that I don't think Walt would have appreciated

Avatar land is a joke. The original concept was passable but the recent updates are laughable.

xstech25

In 10 or 15 years is frozen going to be a classic or something that has been long forgotten?
Considering its the highest grossing animated movie of all time and sells more records and merch than anything else known to mankind...i'd say it would be pretty difficult to imagine something that could possibly be more relevant in 10-15 years. Lion King and Beauty and the Beast dont touch Frozen in any of these categories and i'd say they are still pretty relevant.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Considering its the highest grossing animated movie of all time and sells more records and merch than anything else known to mankind...i'd say it would be pretty difficult to imagine something that could possibly be more relevant in 10-15 years. Lion King and Beauty and the Beast dont touch Frozen in any of these categories and i'd say they are still pretty relevant.
Adjusted dollars, the following movies made more money than Frozen. Youknow...so that way you are making an accurate comparison.

Frozen made 401 mil

Adjusted
Monsters Inc made 402 mil
Aladdin made 426 mil
Toy Story 3 made 427 mil
Pinnochio made 437 mil
Cinderella made 440 mil
Peter Pan made 456 mil
Jungle Book made 470 mil
Bambi made 474 mil
Lady and the Tramp made 482 mil
Finding Nemo made 500 mil
101 Dalmations made 502 mil
NOT DISNEY - Shrek 2 made 577 mil
Lion King made 742 mil
Snow White made 965 mil

I really am getting tired of the "it made the most money of all animated movies" statement, because it's based on un-adjusted box office numbers. As illustrated, it...did not out perform other animated features. Adjusted (which is the number you should look at), it's not even in the top 10 highest grossing animated films.

Tigger1988

Adjusted dollars, the following movies made more money than Frozen. Youknow...so that way you are making an accurate comparison.

Frozen made 401 mil

Adjusted
Monsters Inc made 402 mil
Aladdin made 426 mil
Toy Story 3 made 427 mil
Pinnochio made 437 mil
Cinderella made 440 mil
Peter Pan made 456 mil
Jungle Book made 470 mil
Bambi made 474 mil
Lady and the Tramp made 482 mil
Finding Nemo made 500 mil
101 Dalmations made 502 mil
NOT DISNEY - Shrek 2 made 577 mil
Lion King made 742 mil
Snow White made 965 mil

I really am getting tired of the "it made the most money of all animated movies" statement, because it's based on un-adjusted box office numbers. As illustrated, it...did not out perform other animated features. Adjusted (which is the number you should look at), it's not even in the top 10 highest grossing animated films.
How many of those adjusted numbers are for the original theatrical run?

If you're counting numerous rereleases, 3D rereleases...etc this comparison is equally as flawed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
How many of those adjusted numbers are for the original theatrical run?

If you're counting numerous rereleases, 3D rereleases...etc this comparison is equally as flawed.
Or, flawed up until a few years from now (at least through the next two Christmas seasons) with respect to giving Frozen some DVD sales to boost.

But no, those numbers are adjusted domestic box office.

Even so, it's pretty far behind in the pack. Fast forward 10 - 15 years, do you see it selling another 500 million (adjusted) in DVDs (not merch, neither number includes merch) to catch up with Snow White?

Or will it be like Tangled and Lilo and Stitch, something that booms after initial release, but then sortof fades away...?

Time will tell (though I suspect the latter, with one exception, Frozen will most certainly make it to Broadway)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom