Frozen broken down again?

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
I've been checking the Disney App just out of curiosity for the waiting times for Frozen and it's broken down again today. "Temporarily Closed"

No wonder the wait times are long if it's only open a couple hours a day. LOL

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've been checking the Disney App just out of curiosity for the waiting times for Frozen and it's broken down again today. "Temporarily Closed"

No wonder the wait times are long if it's only open a couple hours a day. LOL
Unfortunately it didn't have a soft opening period to address the issues before it opened. It will get resolved, but the guests are going to suffer for a while until it is done.

Epcotfan21

Unfortunately it didn't have a soft opening period to address the issues before it opened. It will get resolved, but the guests are going to suffer for a while until it is done.
Any idea as to why they decided not to do a soft opening or cast member previews?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Was at the park the past week and everytime I walked by it, it was always down. Someone told me they rode it 6x and it broke down 4 of the 6.

When I read reports like this I often wonder whether all guests fully understand that stopping forward motion due to a delay at load/unload (which they can't see) for a mobility impaired guest(s) does not count as a 'breakdown'. Many assume that any time forward motion stops it must be a 'breakdown' which is totally inaccurate.

disneyKaiju

When I read reports like this I often wonder whether all guests fully understand that stopping forward motion due to a delay at load/unload (which they can't see) for a mobility impaired guest(s) does not count as a 'breakdown'. Many assume that any time forward motion stops it must be a 'breakdown' which is totally inaccurate.

Thats a good point, for clarification, when i walked by the ride it was completely shutdown.

anchorman314

Um, to my knowledge the ride hasn't operated an entire day since it opened almost a month ago. I'd say this is pretty abnormal and, frankly, an utter disgrace. Serves them right though
Um, June 21 -> July 6 = 15 days. I'd say that problems during the first two weeks of operation are normal. The way I look at it, if this had been two weeks of soft opens, we'd never know about all the stoppages. We'd just see that the soft opens were closed more than open. I'm willing to cut WDW some slack here...for now. If these breakdowns are still happening in September, then I'll break out my pitchfork.

Bairstow

Yep. They announced an official opening date and distributed FP+. The ride then took longer than expected to complete, leaving no time for soft openings ahead of the published official opening date.

I wonder if this mistake will be punished internally, or if the negative consequences of opening an attraction without testing it will be ignored and this will become the new normal.

ABQ

Was there any corroborating evidence to the statement someone made in the Opening Day thread that if the FP line got so massively backed up that they'd mark the attraction as "Temporarily Closed" on the app to dissuade guests from queuing up any further in the standby line?

JIMINYCR

Feel sorry for those guests suffering disappointment over their only chance to experience it. Watching the ride through on Youtube in my a/c room, no lines or closures to worry about... looks like a decent attraction. Glad that by the time I get to go back the operational bugs get all worked out

donsullivan

Premium Member
Was there any corroborating evidence to the statement someone made in the Opening Day thread that if the FP line got so massively backed up that they'd mark the attraction as "Temporarily Closed" on the app to dissuade guests from queuing up any further in the standby line?

I can't confirm that theory but from my limited personal experiences they 'appear' to be over-stating the posted standby wait time to manage the length of the line. When I went early Friday evening the standby time was posted at 120 minutes and the line did not extend outside the building. I had a FP (6:35P window) but when I reached merge I asked the guests who merged right behind me from standby and they said there wait was actually 70 minutes total to the merge point.

Chef Mickey

Um, to my knowledge the ride hasn't operated an entire day since it opened almost a month ago. I'd say this is pretty abnormal and, frankly, an utter disgrace. Serves them right though
I don't believe it's been down a significant amount of time each day since it's opened. Source?

Even still, remember Test Track? Probably not. I can tell you I personally waited HOURS to ride because it constantly broke down.

This is a reality with newer technology on newer rides. It has zero impact on the long term viability of the attraction and doesn't mean Disney doesn't know what they're doing.

I agree that everything should be perfect, but it's not. Disney will get it right and people like you are overreacting in my opinion.

Chef Mickey

Phew. That's okay then.
Let's just say it's not okay but neither is letting EPCOT get to the state it's in today. To me, these are minor details amid a SEA of transgressions, many incredibly more egregious than some down time on a new attraction.

Look at me, I am actually excited EPCOT got something, albeit at the expense of a true favorite and classic that should have never been removed in the first place. I'm so starved for something to spruce up EPCOT that I'm willing to look the other way when there are some hiccups.

If we want to have a discussion about Disney's failures, there are much more important conversations to be had. The Frozen issues are temporary, will be fixed, and the other major issues will still remain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom