Frozen broken down again?

anchorman314

Um, to my knowledge the ride hasn't operated an entire day since it opened almost a month ago. I'd say this is pretty abnormal and, frankly, an utter disgrace. Serves them right though
I'm aware you wrote 'almost'. My contention was that 15 days is not "almost a month". Saying "the ride has been broken for almost a month" has a very different connotation than saying "the ride has been broken for two weeks and a day". Not trying to argue, just trying to put things in context. There are some people on these boards that take each and every post as the gospel, even when the facts conflict with what was written.

Seabasealpha1

I actually find it hilarious to see videos on Youtube of Olaf not moving...his little eyes move back and fourth like he's been hit with one of those petrifying spells from the Harry Potter universe...lol

And its even more hilarious that they're having this much trouble...perhaps they didn't clear out all of the real trolls...

norwegian-trolls-epcot-12.jpg

mergatroid

I'm aware you wrote 'almost'. My contention was that 15 days is not "almost a month". Saying "the ride has been broken for almost a month" has a very different connotation than saying "the ride has been broken for two weeks and a day". Not trying to argue, just trying to put things in context. There are some people on these boards that take each and every post as the gospel, even when the facts conflict with what was written.

Totally agree. There's a number of posters on here who seem to love jumping on things to moan about so the more accurate the claim the fairer the following debate can be. Calling 14 days 'nearly a month' is really weighing the argument in the negative side. What next, calling 6 months 'nearly a year' :rolleyes:

Tavernacle12

What's the actual issue with the ride causing the shut downs? I remember when it first opened there was the implication the issue was with one of the Olafs and not the actual ride system but I don't know if that is/was correct.

Cowboy Steve

Lol...I am just so upset/bitter about EPCOT that I can't even get upset about this little Frozen issue. I've written letters to Iger himself that I know will never be read about EPCOT in particular just because I need to vent.
I feel your pain. EPCOT was just awe inspiring to me when it first opened. To see the state it is in today saddens me. I still enjoy visiting it... but EPCOT has definitely lost some of it's luster. OK maybe more than just some...

jlsHouston

I count myself one of the very very fortunate as we had the been given a FP for Epcot opening day to use at any time.. By the time we got thru our day and made it to Frozen on that Tuesday, the ride was up and functional. It took about 30 minutes to get thru the FP line.
We liked the ride and yes I was Maelstrom fan...

rkleinlein

Does anybody know details about the transformation from Maelstrom to Frozen? In the videos it looks like all they did was replace the scenery--more of a all out refurbishment than a brand new new attraction--in which case there should be few technical difficulties. Surely they did more. Or perhaps the difficulties are with the scenery and not with the boats.

Goofyernmost

Does anybody know details about the transformation from Maelstrom to Frozen? In the videos it looks like all they did was replace the scenery--more of a all out refurbishment than a brand new new attraction--in which case there should be few technical difficulties. Surely they did more. Or perhaps the difficulties are with the scenery and not with the boats.
Let's put it this way, the building is the same, the boats, the water ride part is the same with the exception of a short extension to it. Absolutely everything else is brand new. The scenes, a number of high end AA's (which I believe are the source of the break downs right now), the queue, new board and disembark area. So, unless one has memorized the exact complete direction and size from before no one would know that even the ride portion wasn't new. And, in my opinion, anyone that does remember the direction of the water has way to much time on their hands.

Here is a picture of the interior as it was being built originally. From what I understand it was gutted out to the point of what you see there in this picture. Looks pretty intense to me.
image.raw

RainbowCrow

I can't confirm that theory but from my limited personal experiences they 'appear' to be over-stating the posted standby wait time to manage the length of the line. When I went early Friday evening the standby time was posted at 120 minutes and the line did not extend outside the building. I had a FP (6:35P window) but when I reached merge I asked the guests who merged right behind me from standby and they said there wait was actually 70 minutes total to the merge point.

That was my experience on June 28th. We had a FP for 12:30 but I had read some speculation about posted vs. actual wait times for this ride. So, although the standby time posted was 90 minutes, we decided to give it a try. We got in line at 11:30 and were on the ride by 12:15- so a 45 minute wait.

We had time to take the kids for photos with Elsa and Anna then come back to ride again with our FP. Both times we rode we had blinking Olaf with an awkwardly twisted body (like head facing one direction and arms another) in the final ride scene. The Olaf audio runs but his AA doesn't move.

IMO it's a nice ride but not worth a 45 minute wait. More like 30 minutes for anything is usually our limit. But since this one was brand new my kids decided they wanted to wait. If we didn't have a FP we would not have waited to ride a second time.

Nastory4

When I read reports like this I often wonder whether all guests fully understand that stopping forward motion due to a delay at load/unload (which they can't see) for a mobility impaired guest(s) does not count as a 'breakdown'. Many assume that any time forward motion stops it must be a 'breakdown' which is totally inaccurate.

Valid point. It took me some time to realize that as The Haunted Mansion always seemed to "break down".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom