Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

LAM378

If anyone's been to HS lately and can answer these questions, I'd appreciate it.

How long is the 11 a.m. Frozen parade?

If I'm not getting to the park until 5 pm, is there any chance of getting a return ticket for the Singalong, or are these all snapped up earlier in the day? (I'll be there in mid-late August.)

Does anyone know what time TSMM is getting shut down at night? My FP+ that had return times past 7 p.m. were turned into floaters because Pixar Place is in the fireworks fallout area, but I'm wondering if I can get there around 6:30 and still ride.

Thanks!

ABQ

I've been told by a handful of SODL people that their is a very good likelihood of Frozen tunes being added to the
Playlist this year on SoA. Can't say for certain if Frozen will influence any other parts of SODL.
Help a brother out.....what's SODL?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If anyone's been to HS lately and can answer these questions, I'd appreciate it.

How long is the 11 a.m. Frozen parade?

If I'm not getting to the park until 5 pm, is there any chance of getting a return ticket for the Singalong, or are these all snapped up earlier in the day? (I'll be there in mid-late August.)

Does anyone know what time TSMM is getting shut down at night? My FP+ that had return times past 7 p.m. were turned into floaters because Pixar Place is in the fireworks fallout area, but I'm wondering if I can get there around 6:30 and still ride.

Thanks!
Toy Story is running until around 8:30pm

The Procession is just over 4 minutes, and then 5 minutes for the stage part.

mm52200

On a related note the feedback from the Frozen Sing along has created a lot of conversation about the longevity of the show & how it affects use of Premiere Theatre. Two years ago DHS brought back Comedy Warehouse for the Holidays and put the show in ABC Theatre (Sounds Dangerous). But the location was cramped so last year they moved it to Premiere Theatre and put the Holiday Cartoon Viewing in ABC Theatre instead. The question is, if Frozen Sing A Long is doing well enough would they keep it going through December and if so would they keep it at Premiere? I've been told Comedy Warehouse will be back this Christmas, so that makes me wonder where it would be placed. Right now the wild card is the American Idol Theatre. They just had their last "full" operation on July 13th and the AIE will be gone by the 1st of the year. From everything I've been told, until a new option is created for that piece of real estate the leading temporary idea for that stage is a form of a "Disney Sing A Long" similar to Frozen. I have a feeling if the reduced use of AIE the rest of the summer goes downhill fast, they could axe the show for the holidays, and put Comedy Warehouse in the AIE Theatre so they can keep the Frozen Sing Along inside Premiere Theatre for the rest of the year

I've been told by a handful of SODL people that their is a very good likelihood of Frozen tunes being added to the
Playlist this year on SoA. Can't say for certain if Frozen will influence any other parts of SODL.

I'm really hoping they bring back Comedy Warehouse, I was concerned what the sing a long might do to those plans. It would be such a simple thing though honestly for them to keep year round, and they certainly have plenty of venues they could use for it. But for the holiday season it could almost share the Superstar Theatre with American Idol. Let Idol do it's four shows early on in the day and use it for CW the rest of the day.

LAM378

Thanks for the info, everyone. My FPs that ended at 7:05 and 7:10 p.m. were the ones they cancelled, so I wasn't sure how early that area shut down. And I'm glad to know the Frozen parade isn't too long; don't have to scramble for a later lunch ADR after all :). Appreciate the help!

Next Big Thing

It would be a damn shame if a sing-a-long is the reason Comedy Warehouse doesn't come back. It's been given a second life (in a way), but that doesn't mean it won't die due to similar causes - more "family friendly" entertainment (like they need more of it).

ToTBellHop

A sing-along is fine for a one-off temporary event, but I certainly don't want to see them become their new "go to" space filler. I don't need to cusit a theme park to watch and sing along to a DVD. I think they can do much better.
Indeed. If they can make a Frozen Broadway show, there's no reason a truncated version can't be a more permanent option for DHS. Let's at least get it up to the quality of Beauty and the Beast down on Sunset Blvd.

rct247

For the fireworks on Friday, Anna's mic didn't work for the entire thing which made for quite the awkward situation, but she continued on as if nothing was wrong saying all her lines and everything. Everyone just couldn't hear her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom