Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Disneyson

I don't think anyone but Disney and some of the fan media would play up a sing-a-long (or even a full on stage production) as anything close to he Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley.

I never said it was, and nor will it have the same lasting impact on the respective park, but it /would/ be a very effective marketing tool, even if just this summer, to justify going to Hollywood Studios to a normal vacationer.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Exactly what I was thinking.
they're just ignoring the teen and young adults crowd.

Playing a show this week for high school kids (teens) and the song that was most requested for us to play by almost a 10-1 margin was Let It Go. If the teens want that strongly to sing-along to Let It Go with a band of 40-50yr old men, I expect they would be very excited to sing it with the characters. I think they are trying to find the easiest and cheapest way to get a presence quickly and I know a lot of parents who will certainly enjoy it as well.

doctornick

Agreed about JTA and yes, we've done it.

Only thing is, a bigger stage doesn't necessarily mean more kids but it'd be great if it did. I'm not sure how they would give kids the "spotlight" if they added any more kids to it.

What would be helpful is if they could have an area in front of the stage where kids who aren't in the show could still be given lightsabers and go through the moves with a Jedi Master just like the kids onstage.

I would think that at a minimum, they could run shows continuously which would allow for more shows in a day and thus more children accommodated. But this would probably mean changing the sign up procedure to picking out children in the queue.

doctornick

No. There are launch points on top of buildings

I'm sure I'm oversimplifying, but couldn't they launch fireworks from a backstage area in the park closer to World Drive? I'm guessing sightlines might be an issue, but I'd rather have less than ideal sightlines and a fireworks show and fully opened attractions than any alternative.

wogwog

Exactly what I was thinking.
they're just ignoring the teen and young adults crowd.
Simply because teens and young adults will be at Uni in an alley. I am past teen and young adult but I have no interest in watching a lip sync production. Even Miley or Britney can't pull that off well.

Cesar R M

Simply because teens and young adults will be at Uni in an alley. I am past teen and young adult but I have no interest in watching a lip sync production. Even Miley or Britney can't pull that off well.

I think you got our comments wrong.

We're saying that by setting up a lip sync cheap production and not a proper show. They're pretty much forgetting about the teens and young adult group.

I think they are trying to find the easiest and cheapest way to get a presence quickly .
Seems to be the norm lately.

Matt_Black

Well, I mean, that is the rumor. If you believe there is going to be a show, you should believe it is going to be the sing-along style and not a big production. Both pieces of info came from the same source.

No, the show is the rumor. The sing-along is conjecture made by those on the board.

cw1982

Well, I mean, that is the rumor. If you believe there is going to be a show, you should believe it is going to be the sing-along style and not a big production. Both pieces of info came from the same source.

Especially since they don't really have the time to put together a big production if this thing is going to be live in a week or two (I'm assuming that, when we say "July" for opening, we mean as early in July as possible since that's just over a week from now and this is clearly a last-minute job lol). Even if it was the end of July, in theater terms that's really not a lot of time for preparing for something grand.

lebeau

He didn't confirm anything. He made a statement without anything to back it up. "Confirmation" includes documentation and citations and such. Not saying he's wrong, but confirmation requires more than just saying something.

He is the source of the original rumor. So if you don't believe it is a sing-along why would you believe him when he says the show is coming at all? Both halves of the rumor are equally credible. They both come from him and a source he says is highly placed.

Personally, I believe it. But it is nonsensical to buy into one half and not the other when they are both coming from the same place. Talk about hearing what you want to hear!

lazyboy97o

He didn't confirm anything. He made a statement without anything to back it up. "Confirmation" includes documentation and citations and such. Not saying he's wrong, but confirmation requires more than just saying something.
Either way you're claiming @PhotoDave219 is only half right based only on your personal desires. You either believe him or your don't.

GiveMeTheMusic

Production shows (i.e. Broadway style) aren't just thrown together in a couple months. It HAS to be a sing-along or some other cheap thing or it couldn't be hastily slapped together. A production show would require the involvement of WDI-CE, a writer, director, set designer, costume designer plus weeks of rehearsals once the show is actually created - easily a two year process, one if they really pedal to the metal (which Disney seems incapable of anymore).

Cesar R M

Using your logic then the "stage show" is as well a rumor, thus having the same invalidity as the "lyp sync sing a long" thing.
So either both are full rumors, or nothing at all.. or like @lazyboy97o said.. Its both or nothing.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

I'm not citing my sources - I don't sell my people out.

But I'm 100% on this. Should this happen, it will be a singalong style show, m&g, fireworks.

Believe me or don't, makes no difference to me. Protecting my people is more important than convincing you.

Matt_Black

He is the source of the original rumor. So if you don't believe it is a sing-along why would you believe him when he says the show is coming at all? Both halves of the rumor are equally credible. They both come from him and a source he says is highly placed.

Personally, I believe it. But it is nonsensical to buy into one half and not the other when they are both coming from the same place. Talk about hearing what you want to hear!

The show bit was confirmed (or confirmed enough for me) by another poster earlier who posted the screen cap of the audition notice. So it's not about me hearing what I want to hear, it's me hearing what's actually been said and making logical deductions based upon it.

cw1982

The show bit was confirmed (or confirmed enough for me) by another poster earlier who posted the screen cap of the audition notice. So it's not about me hearing what I want to hear, it's me hearing what's actually been said and making logical deductions based upon it.

But if logical deductions proved his first bit of information to be accurate, then the same logic points to his information being credible, which means he's a reliable source.

Besides, as I and others have already said: there's not much beyond a sing along in the way of a live show that can be produced that quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom