Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Next Big Thing

As far as a show goes..... I've gotten some clarification that this is more of a
"Sing-a-long" than straight up broadway style show.
Ah, so basically what we kind of narrowed it down to last night (based on the short turn around time).

A sing-a-long type show affords them to have to do very little in the way of sets or costuming, it's cheap as hell to run and people will eat it up.

Violiav

I imagine you're right here. But I can't imagine they won't try and fit "Let it Go" or "Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?" in somewhere.

A frozen fireworks show would work much better at MK with the projection system they have on the castle. I feel like a fireworks show based on Frozen will be lacking without visuals.

OR, or several Disney songs with Summer themes? Umm. "In Summer". Some Pocahontas song. "Colors of the Wind"?

The only song I think could be used along with fireworks is "Let it Go". It could be done well. But no other song seems like it would work right IMO.
Pretty much any of the orchestral stuff would work.
Here's some from youtube-

Next Big Thing

I would think 2 equity performers(Anna and Elsa) would come out to do their songs, have the crowd join in etc

And then as every guest leaving the theaters asks: "where's Olaf" and the CMs respond with a "Oh, he's out playing in the snow with Sven" the guests will think...."we wasted a FP+ on this?!?!?"
Yeah, it sounds like something I don't want to see.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
But kids will.

Heck the sing-along in theaters made somewhere in the vicinity of $20 million (hard to get exact since they didn't separate that $$ from the regular showings, but most showings in Feb were sing-along) - that shows the popularity of that approach.

I would expect our daughter to want to go once or twice minimum and have no complaints at all afterwards and will gladly trade ToT or RnRC FP+ for it.

gmajew

Premium Member
Disney has a hit with Frozen like it or not the kids today even my two boys liked the movie. So Disney is scrambling to get it in as fast as possible and a ride takes time. So in the meantime it is great business to cram it in anyway they can to make hay while this thing is hot! This may not be something I want to see but it is the right move for disney right now.

CDavid

As far as a show goes..... I've gotten some clarification that this is more of a
"Sing-a-long" than straight up broadway style show.

That's something of a disappointment. Kids will eat it up, but a proper 'Broadway-style' show would literally have broader appeal. Frozen deserves better, and a show (or attraction) which will last for more than a few months.

I'd actually be more interested in the fireworks show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom