Rumor Frontierland Shootin' arcade to close and replaced with DVC Member lounge

ohioguy

This lends more credence to the idea of Frontierland being transformed into a New Orleans Riverfront region. Now, if BBT becomes new Frontierland, I won’t be mad.
I think this is now the most likely scenario. CBJ will be made part of Liberty Square by the fate of location, if not thematically. It's becoming obvious we're getting a new Frontierland, updated for a new era.

ToTBellHop

Ok, this is a serious question.....what is it about Frontierland/Pecos Bill's that is so problematic? Even though I don't agree with it, I know what the Shootin' Arcade problem is (guns, bad!). However, with all of the talk about the (possible) retheming of Pecos Bill's and the (possibly) growing sense of Frontierland negativity, I'm honestly at a loss for why these are so awful.
Have you seen the cartoon he’s in and how it treats Native Americans?

peng

Cowboys are in again (mostly because of Old Town Road/Beyonce), so they could pivot some of the redo at least.

mattpeto

"But hold your horses, we’re not done yet. We have a lot of growth and investment planned for our theme parks in the coming years and look forward to sharing more announcements about Frontierland … so y’all come back now, ya hear?"

I think Frontierland is not going anywhere...

ToTBellHop

"But hold your horses, we’re not done yet. We have a lot of growth and investment planned for our theme parks in the coming years and look forward to sharing more announcements about Frontierland … so y’all come back now, ya hear?"

I think Frontierland is not going anywhere...
It’s not. Sometimes people try to accept a rumor before applying the smell test.

They would not be redoing CBJ if the plan were to remove Frontierland. And they would have taken the introduction of TBA to make Frontierland smaller. They opted not to. I‘m sure further adjustments to the land will occur, however, but that’s every land. I’m surprised at how little Frontierland has changed over time, honestly.

Jrb1979

This is just my take, but I don’t think it’s seen as “awful” so much as dated. If you look at Toy Story, there’s the whole theme about Woody being the older gen toy and today’s kids not really doing the cowboy show thing. I think that’s fairly true. I saw a Disney+ show that talked about the Dave’s Crockett movie and what a phenomenon it was at the time, with every little boy in the US wanting a fur cap. But today, cowboy lure is just not something you hear about in kids shows. (I do think Liberty Square is likely safe as colonial era Americana is still a popular theme.)
Maybe not in kids shows but other parks stil embrace western themed areas. Look at Knotts Berry Farm and Dollywood.

Brer Oswald

Honestly, not sure what he’s implying here. He was talking about a haunted mansion restaurant a few months back maybe it’s that?

I can only imagine the…fun discussions on here if hall goes. I doubt it very much Disney would do that.
I don’t think anything is off the table as far as “replacing classic attractions” goes…besides PotC and HM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom