Frontierland makeover

MerlinTheGoat

I still consider POTC and HM E Tickets (POTC less so than its Disneyland cousin but it's still an E). Doesn't matter how old a ride is, they're still some of the best rides remaining at WDW. There are different calibers of E Tickets, but a ride certainly doesn't need any sort of thrill to be classified as one. I'd label all of the original major Future World attractions as E's easily (Horizons, SSE, Imagination, World of Motion). Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo is also definitely an E and has basically no thrills at all (just a very different ride system and awesome sets and animatronics).

Taylor

I love pirates and jungle cruise but really if the ticket system was still in effect they probably wouldn't be e tickets anymore. But that question could never be answered

MerlinTheGoat

I love pirates and jungle cruise but really if the ticket system was still in effect they probably wouldn't be e tickets anymore. But that question could never be answered
If the ticketing system were still in effect today, i'm willing to bet the Disney company would find some way to manipulate it falsely. Labeling attractions falsely to trick guests into thinking one attraction is great just because it's E (when it isn't) and another isn't worth their time just because it's falsely labeled as something other than E. Kind of like how the company is trying to fool people into believing the Mermaid and Dwarf Coaster rides are E Tickets when they clearly are not (and are actually well below the caliber of true E's such as Pirates, Splash, or Big Thunder).

Point being I don't necessarily think if the ticket system were implemented again (god forbid) that it would still be an accurate assessment of the objective quality of attractions. The company heads might even try to use it to manipulate attendance numbers and use the results to justify taking out certain rides and replacing them with worse ones. They did something similar to Imagination when they sabotaged its attendance numbers to get it gutted and redone on the cheap.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is a small addition to Adventureland on the horizon it would seem..... something along the lines of an updated Adventureland challange. Don't beleive me? check out the minor construction points popping up throughout adventureland. All signs point to something interactive and RFID based. P.S. Pirates Cannons are being prepared to fire once more :)

Most likely this:

http://www.wdwfanboys.com/blog/new-immersive-pirates-experience-coming-to-adventureland/

They have been filing permits for it since at least May.

yensidtlaw1969

POTC at DLR is an E-Ticket, at WDW, it is not. Sorry, truth hurts, and you can't prove me wrong :p

I hate to be "that guy", but . . .

WDW+1978+E+ticket.jpg

Image courtesy of the Vintage Disneyland Tickets Blog (http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blogspot.com/2008/11/walt-disney-world-1978-e-ticket-to.html)

I do agree that Disneyland's Pirates is a vastly superior E-Ticket, but back when it really mattered both were considered E's.

orky8

TalkingHead

If the ticketing system were still in effect today, i'm willing to bet the Disney company would find some way to manipulate it falsely. Labeling attractions falsely to trick guests into thinking one attraction is great just because it's E (when it isn't) and another isn't worth their time just because it's falsely labeled as something other than E. Kind of like how the company is trying to fool people into believing the Mermaid and Dwarf Coaster rides are E Tickets when they clearly are not (and are actually well below the caliber of true E's such as Pirates, Splash, or Big Thunder).

I always thought that Disney did this with the FP system, especially in the early days. If an attraction had FP, it was perceived to be "important" and "not to be missed," even if FP wasn't really needed for the attraction. Hence adding FP to things like Living with the Land, HISTA, Maelstrom, Philharmagic, etc.

MerlinTheGoat

I always thought that Disney did this with the FP system, especially in the early days. If an attraction had FP, it was perceived to be "important" and "not to be missed," even if FP wasn't really needed for the attraction. Hence adding FP to things like Living with the Land, HISTA, Maelstrom, Philharmagic, etc.
Yeah that's what i'm talking about. Disney finds ways to falsely fabricate demand for attractions they want people to attend. They find various ways of making it seem like certain attractions are "more important" than others. This is what I think a modern ticketing system would do as well in the hands of current leadership. I don't think they'd want more expensive and maintenance heavy attractions like POTC or Splash Mountain to be the top priority for guests to visit, so they'd try to falsify the demand by luring guests away from those attractions and onto cheaper ones. I agree that this seems like what they're trying to do with installing fast pass machines for attractions that never have lines anyways.

Viget

Yeah that's what i'm talking about. Disney finds ways to falsely fabricate demand for attractions they want people to attend. They find various ways of making it seem like certain attractions are "more important" than others. This is what I think a modern ticketing system would do as well in the hands of current leadership. I don't think they'd want more expensive and maintenance heavy attractions like POTC or Splash Mountain to be the top priority for guests to visit, so they'd try to falsify the demand by luring guests away from those attractions and onto cheaper ones. I agree that this seems like what they're trying to do with installing fast pass machines for attractions that never have lines anyways.

Heh, isn't this the whole raison d'etre for FASTPASS+? To lure guests away from popular attractions by making them falsely believe other attractions are worth their time? And force them to make this decision 6 months in advance?

The smart people will continue to use their fastpasses on the true E's, but there are enough first time rubes (who are the only people TDO cares about anyway) that this fiendishly diabolical plan might actually work.

But then again, if it does result in shorter lines at the true E's then, I'm all for it. Someone else can wait in line for 45 minutes to ride Dumbo or the tea cups or whatever. Or lose their FP opportunity to ride Soarin'.

Beholder

Pretty sad when you pay close to $100 for a single day ticket and STILL have to be manipulated into riding certain rides/attractions. I pay $20, $50, or $100, I'm going to do as much as I can, especially if it's my first to there. It says something when they have to employ these "techniques" to get people on less "popular" attractions. Not exactly sure what it says, but it's saying something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom