From the Press Event - New celebration to be called "What Will You Celebrate?"

BrerSchultzy

here's the FAQ from the website:

Q: When does online registration begin and end?

A: You can begin registering your birthday for free admission on your birthday in 2009 on September 18, 2008.

Q: Is there any age requirement for online registration?

A: Yes, you must be 18 years of age or older to register your birthday. If you're under age 18, you need to have an adult in your household register your birthday for you.

Q: Do I need to register online prior to going to Walt Disney World® Resort to receive free admission on my birthday in 2009?

A: As long as you have the appropriate ID and proof of your date of birth, you can take advantage of this birthday offer at the gate. The reason for registering online is to save you time. You won't have to wait while you fill out the forms at the gate.

Q: What kind of identification do I need to show at the gate?

A: If you're age 18 or older, proper ID would be a Driver's License, State-issued or Government-issued photo ID, or a Government-issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and don't have any of the abovementioned ID, an original Birth Certificate or a notarized copy of a Birth Certificate is required.

Q: I can't come on my birthday. Can I use the free admission on your birthday ticket on another day?

A: Unfortunately, no. The free admission on your birthday ticket means just what it says. It's only good for free admission on the Ticket Holder's birthday.

Q: What ages are covered in this offer?

A: This offer is good for anyone over age 3.

Q: Why are children under 3 excluded from this offer?

A: Children under 3 are not required to have an admission ticket to enter the Theme Parks.

Q: My children don't live with me, but I'd like to sign them up for free admission on your birthday tickets. Is that possible?

A: Yes.

Q: Do I have to be a resident of a particular state in order to take advantage of this offer?

A: No. The offer is valid for all Guests, regardless of the place of residency.

Q: Is a purchase required in order to receive a free admission on your birthday ticket?

A: No purchase is required to receive a free admission on your birthday ticket.

Q: What if my birthday falls during our visit, but it is not on the first day. Will I be able to pick up my ticket or other options on the first day of my arrival?

A: You can visit our designated "Will Call" windows at any of the four theme parks up to seven days prior to your birthday to pick up your free birthday ticket which will only be valid on your birthday. However, other Birthday benefits such as a Special Birthday FASTPASS® or a Birthday Fun Card must be picked up on the actual date of your birth to receive the benefit.

Q: Can I upgrade my free birthday ticket to another ticket type?

A: Yes, the free birthday ticket may be upgraded to another ticket type on your birthday. However the celebrant is responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by the celebrant. In addition, the One Day/One Park Ticket good for 12 months (an option for select Guests) may not be upgraded.

Q: I am a Passholder (or have a valid Multi-Day Ticket or a Seasonal Pass that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009), so I don't need to take advantage of this offer. If I register, is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

A: Yes, you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message and your proper ID. You can receive:

• A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket* for you to use on your birthday for merchandise, recreation or fun activities at select participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort; or
  • A special birthday FASTPASS® badge+ for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or
  • A 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.
*Ticket price at gate, excluding tax. Adults receive card in the amount of an adult ticket; children (ages 3-9) receive card in the amount of a child ticket.

+The number of birthday FASTPASS badges issued is limited and may not be available after 11am. Valid Theme Park admission required. FASTPASS for birthday celebrant and up to 5 members of his/her party.

Q: What if I don't spend my entire birthday fun card on my birthday?

A: The birthday fun card is valid only on your birthday. Any residual value cannot be recovered by the Guest after that day.

Q: Why are Cast Members excluded from this offer?

A: Cast Members already have special admission privileges.

Q: What are you going to do with my birthday information?

A: The information we are collecting will be used to expedite the process of validating your date of birth once you arrive at the Theme Park gate with valid ID.

Q: Do I need to register online prior to going to Walt Disney World® Resort to receive free admission on my birthday?

A: As long as you have the appropriate ID and proof of your date of birth, you can take advantage of this birthday offer at the gate. The reason for registering your birthday online is to save you time. You won't have to wait while you fill out the forms at the gate.

mpaul32001

Hey, some people actually really liked that castle cake.

I'd take that cake than that big mirror Disney stuck right in the middle of the castle for HCoE.

I think I'd like it more if they did it now. I think it would look a lot better and they would do it a little more tastefully.

culturenthrills

I am sorry but could this be more lame. I think the free birthday ticket is just a way to get people to come to the park who might not and spend money on tickets for the rest of the family. But here we go again another bogus "celebration" with a bunch of add-on things that will cost you extra money and some not exactly unique entertainment. Yeah, that will keep guests at WDW while SeaWorld and Universal open major additions. When will all these lame promotions finally backfire on Disney. I bet this one will go over in Anaheim about as well as YOMD did. Next year is going to be interesting now that the bottom has dropped out of the economy.

figmentisgreat

What if yo go on your Birthday and you are an annual pass holder? What do you receive?

"
Q: I am a Passholder (or have a valid Multi-Day Ticket or a Seasonal Pass that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009), so I don't need to take advantage of this offer. If I register, is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

A: Yes, you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message and your proper ID. You can receive:

• A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket* for you to use on your birthday for merchandise, recreation or fun activities at select participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort; or
  • A special birthday FASTPASS® badge+ for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or
  • A 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.
*Ticket price at gate, excluding tax. Adults receive card in the amount of an adult ticket; children (ages 3-9) receive card in the amount of a child ticket.

+The number of birthday FASTPASS badges issued is limited and may not be available after 11am. Valid Theme Park admission required. FASTPASS for birthday celebrant and up to 5 members of his/her party."

MissM

: I am a Passholder (or have a valid Multi-Day Ticket or a Seasonal Pass that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009), so I don't need to take advantage of this offer. If I register, is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

• A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket* for you to use on your birthday for merchandise, recreation or fun activities at select participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resor
Really? Anyone know what the restrictions are going to be? Only for certain merch or something? What "participating locations" are included?

We're AP holders so that'd be WAY more interesting to me then admission itself.

WDWFigment

Interesting - you'll be able to book characters!

CREATING MEMORIES – During “What Will You Celebrate?” at Disney Parks, world-famous characters are always part of the fun at Disney Parks. Each character sets a magical tone, creating even more smiles and memories as children of all ages see fantasies come true and discover worlds of fun at Disney Parks. Special character experiences may be booked at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.</SPAN>

Before everyone goes crazy about this, look at the actual language. Special character experiences could easily just be character meals. Outside of weddings, I doubt there will be the ability to book characters for personal use. If there is the ability, keep in mind that wedding prices start at $500 per character for 30 minutes (I believe).

Edit to add: I still find it a bit ridiculous that certain websites are "censored" on here. Big brother, where art thou?

Not that it matters, but I agree. Then again, we are guests at this site, welcome to leave at any time. Still, I don't think allowing the links would be "bad for business"...

IDreamOfDisney

OK. I already booked my vacation 3 weeks ago. My DW's birthday is in January. My DD's is in April and May and my other DD's is in December. I am a DVC member and have to use my points by March. They were banked from last year. So I can't change my dates. The airline tickes are already purchased so I can't echange them without a fee. So we miss out on another Disney "event". Maybe we will celebrate that. Anybody else close to something like this?

Disney_Freak429

AP holders (or ones going who bought tickets already) I think should be dancing for joy for that "fun card". I mean heck I could spend $70 on pins, food, ect. in one day with ease I don't know about you. The FP option is stupid unless your going during peak times this would be a waste of an option. Over all the Stitch dance party makes me puke but the fun card makes me super happy.

Philo

Good to know they have ignored the visitors from the UK and other countries. What benefit is a free day when you buy a 14 or 21 day pass!

I gotta say, this announcement is pretty disappointing :-( I loved the idea of YoaMD and this just seems a little...well...under whelming I guess.

mpaul32001

• A special birthday FASTPASS® badge+ for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday;

• Ya, I'll be buying an advance ticket to the Christmas Party that day. :sohappy:

figmentisgreat

Good to know they have ignored the visitors from the UK and other countries. What benefit is a free day when you buy a 14 or 21 day pass!

I gotta say, this announcement is pretty disappointing :-( I loved the idea of YoaMD and this just seems a little...well...under whelming I guess.

You should still be able to get the "Fun Card" for your birthday. That still seems like a really nice deal.

Philo

Scrap my comment about forgetting uk visitors. The fact you can get a gift card of FP is, in my opinion, good compensation.

I'm still underwhelmed though

Mickey&Minnie

I agree that it is a bit of a disappointment...when you consider how great the YOAMD was. I was hoping for something a little bit more comparable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom