From the Press Event - New celebration to be called "What Will You Celebrate?"

shoppingnut

If the announcements are large enough, they will hold seperate announcements for both of them. The theme is a large announcement, especially with them throwing away the $72 entrance fee on your birthday.

They're not really throwing away $72 because they are making it up big time with all the other people that are coming with you to celebrate your birthday on their admission, food, sourveniers, etc.. Also, if you are an AP holder, you already get in all year long, including your birthday, so this does nothing for you. The seasonal passholder it would be good for if their birthday fell during the blackout period.

DivineMadness7

If the announcements are large enough, they will hold seperate announcements for both of them. The theme is a large announcement, especially with them throwing away the $72 entrance fee on your birthday.

They aren't "throwing away" the $72 entrance fee out of the goodness of their heart. If you're local, you're going to bring other people with you to celebrate ($.) If you're going on a trip specifically for this, you'll be buying multi-day passes ($$.) Not to mention the souvenirs, food, resorts.....($$$!)

BrerSchultzy

This promo will actually give you the option of getting in free, or getting a $75 gift card, or 4 FPs for everyone in your party (of up to 6 guests). I heard about it from a travel agent on another site.

mpaul32001

Maybe we'll get the castle cake back. :ROFLOL:

CastlePho_op_450x600.jpg

:brick: :hurl:

Dwarful

Since they are letting everyone in free on their birthday lets hope they don't plan on bringing back the 'castle cake' to go with this theme!

As others have said, its not really much of a value. Esp. for those who buy multiday passes...how many one day tickets do they sell? Could be more bother than its worth. If you are on the dining plan do you just buy your own birthday meals???

jt04

They aren't "throwing away" the $72 entrance fee out of the goodness of their heart. If you're local, you're going to bring other people with you to celebrate ($.) If you're going on a trip specifically for this, you'll be buying multi-day passes ($$.) Not to mention the souvenirs, food, resorts.....($$$!)

I agree, this "marketing ploy" seems a bit cynical to me for the reason you mention. Just being honest, just my opinion.

imamouse

I wonder how you obtain the free pass and what sort of proof you have to provide for a 10 year old (for example). Birth certificate?

EDIT: I see now - you registar your birthday on the Disney Parks website and need to bring proof of birth date.

As for the character reservations and "My Disneyland Brithday Party"- why not include the prices in the press release? Must be sky high.

BrerSchultzy

Since they are letting everyone in free on their birthday lets hope they don't plan on bringing back the 'castle cake' to go with this theme!

As others have said, its not really much of a value. Esp. for those who buy multiday passes...how many one day tickets do they sell? Could be more bother than its worth. If you are on the dining plan do you just buy your own birthday meals???

Apparently you have the option of either a free day in the parks, or a $75 gift card, or 4 FPs for your entire party (up to 6 guests)...so it still is quite the gift to AP holders or multiday guests.

New2WDW

This promo will actually give you the option of getting in free, or getting a $75 gift card, or 4 FPs for everyone in your party (of up to 6 guests). I heard about it from a travel agent on another site.

Can anyone else back this up?

Now I could see getting an extra $75 bucks to spend on souviners, etc. This would be nice since we would already have tickets and food, etc.

RSoxNo1

I doubt this is true.

Really this promotion doesn't cost Disney much at all under the Magic Your Way packages. Most people that are aware of the promotion won't go just on their birthday, but multiple days, and with others. On an expiring ticket, each additional day after 4 is short money (a few dollars).

MousDad

What will I celebrate? Hmmm...

"It could be a first trip to Disney or a first family vacation without the stroller."

Yesss!!!! My son's 10th birthday! Thanks Jay!!!

DisneyDragon

Wow, talk about a awful perk for me and my kids...

me - b-day on Christmas Day.
daughter - during March Break.
son - beginning of July

Well, could I get three busier days to be at the parks? Free ticket is a minor compensation for the wait times. I never go at those times of the year.

And seeing that I'm divorced, well, no anniversary to celebrate. I wonder if WDW would allow me to 'celebrate' my legal date of separation? I personally consider it a cause to celebrate!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom