From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineJoe

It's not about that. Nearly everyone knows that gators are in Florida, Everglades, swamps. That is not in any way associated with a beach at Disney world on Seven Seas Lagoon. That is what people have been debating about this entire time. I'm so happy that you know and myself and others that there are gators in there, but for the average tourist especially not from the south or international, there's no expectation to know that they would be there. They have signs warning of gators at the shades of green which is across the street. Why shouldn't they have them at poly or gf? Disney basically admitted they did wrong. People that don't know that there aren't gators in SSL aren't stupid they just have no reason to need to know. I've said this at least 4 times already. So if anyone replies to my messages please tell them what I just said as I am done responding.

I thought you said you were done forever with this thread

Club Cooloholic

So you are now conceding that the alligator fatality is a freak of nature event like being killed by lightning. Got it.
Folks should not compare this to being hit by lightning. That is not always preventable. This was not just preventable, the victim was not at any point warned of potential dangers of alligators. ..it was negligence.

flynnibus

Premium Member
http://sammyduvall.com/
Do they warn you when you go wake boarding you might encounter an alligator? Do any guidebooks for Disneyworld include a section on the dangers of alligators at your resort? The area the child was attacked was a beach that the resort encouraged people to use. It was not say the river that runs through Port Orleans that you can't easily get in without effort. ..so seriously yes people do not expect a gator to attack them in that area of the resort.

So if you encountered a snake while walking through the Polynesian grounds you would be equally flabbergasted that it could be there? Why was I not warned????

You aren't at risk out in the middle of the lake btw... And you aren't renting boats at night.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've said this at least 4 times already. So if anyone replies to my messages please tell them what I just said as I am done responding.

The world is flat...
The world is flat...
The world is flat....

I've said it three times now... Doesn't that make it more credible and believable? seriously... Just repeating the same thing over and over without adding anything means nothing.

But I should stop... I'm basically trying to establish we should expect some baseline knowledge in a group who want to be told how to wipe their own rear because you are from out of town... In an era where people spend hours a day watching videos and news about people they'll never meet from all over the world.

I bet we can expect people to name 3 kardashians... But we can't expect them to protect themselves outside.

I don't want to be on this planet any longer

EngineJoe

Folks should not compare this to being hit by lightning. That is not always preventable. This was not just preventable, the victim was not at any point warned of potential dangers of alligators. ..it was negligence.

Ah yes. It was a freak occurrence. The probability was much lower than being hit and killed by lightning.

As far as preventing alligators from being in Disneyland that is very hard. Alligators can walk and run at 25 mph. They can climb walls and fences. They can get into the water in splash mountain and into he bathrooms stalls in adventureland.

If you blame Disney then boycott Disneyland. Don't come here. We don't want you here.

EngineJoe

The world is flat...
The world is flat...
The world is flat....

I've said it three times now... Doesn't that make it more credible and believable? seriously... Just repeating the same thing over and over without adding anything means nothing.

But I should stop... I'm basically trying to establish we should expect some baseline knowledge in a group who want to be told how to wipe their own rear because you are from out of town... In an era where people spend hours a day watching videos and news about people they'll never meet from all over the world.

I bet we can expect people to name 3 kardashians... But we can't expect them to protect themselves outside.

Hard to take the guy seriously when he is calling posters names and calling them stupid.

Club Cooloholic

Ah yes. It was a freak occurrence. The probability was much lower than being hit and killed by lightning.

As far as preventing alligators from being in Disneyland that is very hard. Alligators can walk and run at 25 mph. They can climb walls and fences. They can get into the water in splash mountain and into he bathrooms stalls in adventureland.

If you blame Disney then boycott Disneyland. Don't come here. We don't want you here.
Actually was planning on Disneyland next and not because there are NOT gators there. Blame is not the right word for Disneyworld. ..but not posting signs and doing more to check for gator activity yeah I will blame them there. And I think DW would not agree with you on anybody boycotting them...they love my dollars there. Now get to bed its late and don't forget to brush your tooth!

EngineJoe

Actually was planning on Disneyland next and not because there are NOT gators there. Blame is not the right word for Disneyworld. ..but not posting signs and doing more to check for gator activity yeah I will blame them there. And I think DW would not agree with you on anybody boycotting them...they love my dollars there. Now get to bed its late and don't forget to brush your tooth!

Ah the dreaded keyboard warrior. Ok tough guy.

Daveeeeed

I still love it how a few people in this thread feel like they have to have a response to everything instead of just realizing it may be right.
For instance I said Disney invited people to a beach to watch a movie where they knew alligators were in the water, And apparently I have to clarify that invited means put up a time, and play a movie on a beach.
@EngineJoe
@flynnibus
@21stamps
People WERE IN FACT FEEDING GATORS
https://nypost.com/2016/06/17/disney-ignored-gator-problem-to-keep-high-end-guests-happy-report/

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

The world is flat...
The world is flat...
The world is flat....

Lol it was factual from the start, clearly you are not understanding.

WDW1974

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but...

Rich guests were in charge of Disney’s gator policy
https://nypost.com/2016/06/17/disney-ignored-gator-problem-to-keep-high-end-guests-happy-report/

This echoes what @WDW1974 was saying.

(But of course the Post ties it into the income gap, but yeah.)

Not taking part in the discussion here anymore ... but, yeah, it sure looks like I knew what I was talking about. ... I just wish to God it didn't involve a dead child. Or a dead anyone ...

kelknight84

I still love it how a few people in this thread feel like they have to have a response to everything instead of just realizing it may be right.
For instance I said Disney invited people to a beach to watch a movie where they knew alligators were in the water, And apparently I have to clarify that invited means put up a time, and play a movie on a beach.
@EngineJoe
@flynnibus
@21stamps
People WERE IN FACT FEEDING GATORS
Too bad your source is a tabloid from New York and not a credible newspaper from FL. It has no facts and is all sensationalism. Tell me more about your occupation of high school as listed on your profile...

prfctlyximprct

I would love to see a photo of someone feeding the alligators from one of those bungalows. It just doesn't add up to me. If you have enough money to stay in them, I HIGHLY doubt you're out there on your deck grilling some chicken for the family meal. You'd be on the deluxe dining plan, eating at all the places I could never afford. I don't know, maybe I live in a fantasy world, but those articles are bogus.

natatomic

I would love to see a photo of someone feeding the alligators from one of those bungalows. It just doesn't add up to me. If you have enough money to stay in them, I HIGHLY doubt you're out there on your deck grilling some chicken for the family meal. You'd be on the deluxe dining plan, eating at all the places I could never afford. I don't know, maybe I live in a fantasy world, but those articles are bogus.

I'm sure even the richest people have packed snacks to nibble on while they're lounging in their bungalow after a long day at the parks. Yeah, maybe they're out spending $100 a person on a meal somewhere fancy, but they're probably also chowing down on Doritos and Oreos like the rest of us peons for a quick snack. So I would think they have at least SOMETHING edible to throw the gators that might swim up.

Last edited:

JohnD

I'm sure even the richest people have packed snacks to nibble on while they're lounging in their bungalow after a long day at the parks. Yeah, maybe they're out spending $100 a person on a meal somewhere fancy, but they're probably also chowing down on Doritos and Oreos like the rest of us peons for a quick snack.

Exactly. Even if not specifically "feeding" them, I can definitely see all kinds of crumbs/debris falling through the deck down into the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom