From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethymouse

This is a crazy news night. Now FOX news Megan Kelly said the Orlando shooter was casing the Disney Parks! I am stunned in more ways than I can imagine!:jawdrop:

PhotoDave219

I'm so sick over this. What a horrible nightmare for the family. I'm trying so hard not to think about the gruesome details or I'll never be able to sleep again. My daughter is 22 months old and all I can think of is what if this was her. We live in Florida and I take her on walks to the little pond in our neighborhood regularly to look at the iguanas and birds. I'm such an idiot. Not doing that ever again.

Terrorists and baby eating alligators. I'm so looking forward to our Orlando vacation this weekend.

Dont forget Christina Grimmie.

Electricsoup

They are completely legitimate questions to ask. I already said it was an awful thing, but I am not one to gnash my teeth. Not everyone is as emotional as most here. Rumors are just that...rumors. But I'm sure the parents are concerned with far more important things than to read a Disney message board.

It's hardly emotional to call you on an inappropriate response. But if it makes you feel better defend yourself, by all means that's what's important here.

invader

You speculated that the child was all alone (reports say she was holding her father's hand), and you questioned where the parents were, insinuating blame.
There have been no eye witnesses reported yet. How are there now reports she was holding her fathers hand? Source?

Tragic story all around. Very sad.

Laura

Premium Member
We're headed down next month. And I'm actually a little concerned for my family's safety...

Right? I'm SOOOO not the type to overreact about freak things in the news, but man, I am anxious right now. Even if there was zero risk of anything happening, just the lingering black cloud over the area is enough to make it no fun.

Electricsoup

Right? I'm SOOOO not the type to overreact about freak things in the news, but man, I am anxious right now. Even if there was zero risk of anything happening, just the lingering black cloud over the area is enough to make it no fun.
I've been here since Saturday. I understand that completely.

Laura

Premium Member
I just read on the OS that there were no eye witnesses who actually saw a gator drag the toddler into the water. I think it's still very early in the incident to jump to conclusions. Im praying for the family and hope this has a good outcome

It actually says no eye witnesses "were available for comment". Because my hopes were up at first when I read that too.

WDW1974

Go and have a great time! Seriously.

The world can suck. And tonight Da World sucks too. But go and enjoy your family and your time. Relax.

Laura

Premium Member
Go and have a great time! Seriously.

The world can suck. And tonight Da World sucks too. But go and enjoy your family and your time. Relax.

I will obviously do my best to enjoy my time, but...I don't think I can ever ride the monorail and glance over at that section of water and not feel sick about it....pretty much ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom