From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeriofTerror

Preview for my Article on Behind the Thrills which will recap the whole event sofar for everyone:
Not to be "that person", but if you're going to be releasing this article, I would humbly suggest removing the capitalization of the word "alligator", and capitalizing "Seven Seas Lagoon". I'm not trying to be a jerk; I just want to help! :)

Gringrinngghost

6:30 Press Confrence: The 2 year old has not been located, Deputies are going to switch out. Therapists and victims advocates have been with the family all night. OCSO will keep air support. They will continue the search thought out the day. It is a search and rescue. FFWC has a close and working relationship with disney and has removed past gators. This is a very rare occurrence. He was on the edge of water. FFWC is optimistic to find the gator but cautions it’s will take a bit of time. Disney started the initial search effort. FFWC has taken 4 alligators out of the lake already and euthanized. 50 officers from OCSO; 10 from FFWC. The Grand Flo Pool area involved is shut down until OSCO releases the scene.

G00fyDad

Of note, they are now referring to it as a "Search and Rescue" whereas at 1AM they were calling it a "Search and Recovery"

I heard it was the other way around. A rescue implies the child might still be alive and I thought they changed it to search and recovery.

Gringrinngghost

Nicely written 7am update: As of the 6:30 am press conference, the two-year-old has not been located. The 2-year-old was on the edge of the water and Disney started the initial search effort. This type of attack is a very rare occurrence. Therapists and victims advocates have been with the family all night. The Sheriffs Office will keep air support and will be swapping out the crews searching. They will continue throughout the day and have re-classified this as a search and rescue. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission has a close and working relationship with Disney and has removed past gators and is optimistic to find the gator but cautions it’s will take a bit of time. They have also taken 4 alligators out of the lake, and these alligators are euthanized. The areas involved at the Grand Floridan will remain shut down until the sheriffs office releases the scene as it’s still a crime scene.

Gringrinngghost

Side note: It's so weird to see them give an update on property...

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2016-06-15-06h49m41s929.png
    vlcsnap-2016-06-15-06h49m41s929.png
    682.9 KB · Views: 157

djkidkaz

Could you imagine if the child had gotten away and was just injured on the shore somewhere and able to be rescued? Now that would be an amazing turn of events and a beautiful bright spot to this horrible week in Orlando.

Do we know if it's a boy or girl? I've seen both mentioned here.

Gringrinngghost

What I was just told by a friend on property: Security was at the wedding pavilion not letting people in. Apparently the Sherrif's boat was taken away and the Lake county police just left.

Gringrinngghost

Could you imagine if the child had gotten away and was just injured on the shore somewhere and able to be rescued? Now that would be an amazing turn of events and a beautiful bright spot to this horrible week in Orlando.

Do we know if it's a boy or girl? I've seen both mentioned here.
2 year old boy.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Maybe it's time to start enforcing the Don't Feed the Wildlife rules on property. Caught doing it? Goodbye.

If nothing else changes from this tragedy, this needs to change. I see too many moron kids, and moron parents allowing moron kids, or their moron selves, doing this. If I was in charge of WDW security, I would make this the policy, If you or your child are caught feeding any animal at any time on Disney property, you are banned. That's it. No second chances, no promises not to do it again, none of that. Banned. I wish I had some way of reaching out to TDO and pushing hard for this policy. These idiot kids and parents feed animals, abuse animals, and just generally have no respect for wild life. It needs to stop. The only way to stop it is to actually enact a policy with real consequences. My last trip to Animal Kingdom I had to go out of my way to yell at some moron, jerk kids throwing rocks at turtles. CMs seem scared to do anything, and their parents are selfish a-holes who a. don't watch their kids, or B. Don't care that their kids are savages.

Disney needs to enable their CMs to confront morons feeding/abusing wildlife, and ban these people.

Edit to add...

I'm referring to the dummies who feed and abuse Disney wildlife. Not this poor kid or his father.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom