Frigid Weather Hits O-Town

_Scar

It's FREEZING. Easily 40 degrees or lower where I'm at. Plus, central Florida is always colder than southern florida. :/

mousebymarriage

So glad we are driving down for our Feb trip because I don't have to worry about going over the luggage limit by packing extra items (coat, sweatshirts, extra jeans etc.). I think I am going to stick those items in a small rubbermaid container and keep it in the car just in case (of course I will check the weather forecast before we leave but, better to be safe than sorry).

GymLeaderPhil

Animal Kingdom was sold out of gloves and a lot of hats this morning. Some of the more tropical animals were also missing from the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

Vince3

We were at WDW last week.Horrendously cold. DW & DS wore thermal underwear. I would have but wasn't smart enough!Had gloves & knit hat though.
Despite very cold weather & Canes losing in Champs bowl,still had a great time.Btw still ate Dole Whip !

Tampa tonight-28.I'm moving somewhere warmer...maybe to the Equator !

Tom

Beta Return
Never mind how cold it is.... ARE THE PARKS EMPTY? This sounds like an OPPORTUNITY, not a problem :)

Not as much as one would think. Mornings are dead at every park, so far. But around lunch time the crowds roll in and you get typical wait times on the E and D attractions.

We leave right after lunch anyway, because we're chilled to the bone by then. We go back to parks for dinner and a few more rides.

Hobnail Boot

We were at WDW from the 29th to the 3rd and that's the coldest I've ever been in Florida. Up until NYE it was warm, but come New Year's Day all bets were off. During the day it wasn't too bad because the winds were calm and the sun made it feel warmer, but night time was pretty rough. I'm from south Georgia and I definitely prefer heat over cold so this was really uncomfortable to me. Luckily I came prepared but others didn't. I had a jacket but found one I really wanted at the Wilderness Lodge. They didn't have it in large so I asked a cast member and she said they sold out of all men's jackets in large because people think Florida=Warm. I hope they're still selling that jacket in April...

We went to AK on the 2nd and Kali River Rapids was open. It didn't have a line but we did see some people boarding. Our bus also took us to Blizzard Beach which the entire bus laughed at.

Tom

Beta Return
Our bus also took us to Blizzard Beach which the entire bus laughed at.

Yeah, ours too. When he pulled in, I was wondering if he just didn't get the memo. But it was obvious that it was closed - not a car in the parking lot and not another bus or human in sight.

Later I thought that MAYBE they still have to go through because it's the only non-car access to Winter Summerland. Or perhaps the GPS Announcement system would get mad and blow up the bus or something.

Hobnail Boot

Yeah, ours too. When he pulled in, I was wondering if he just didn't get the memo. But it was obvious that it was closed - not a car in the parking lot and not another bus or human in sight.

Later I thought that MAYBE they still have to go through because it's the only non-car access to Winter Summerland. Or perhaps the GPS Announcement system would get mad and blow up the bus or something.
I may be wrong, but I believe it was open that day. The sign at the entrance had operating hours posted and there were a few cars in the parking lot. Doesn't the digital sign usually say if BB is closed?

Rabflmom

I may be wrong, but I believe it was open that day. The sign at the entrance had operating hours posted and there were a few cars in the parking lot. Doesn't the digital sign usually say if BB is closed?

BB has been closed Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and probably today this week. I can't remember if it was open on Saturday but think it was.
Would imagine the bus would still stop there for the miniature golf even on days too cold for the park to be open.

EPCOTPluto

Upper 20s where I live and in Orlando this morning. The highest today should be 51 degrees....

:dazzle:

Good thing I like this type of weather for a Saturday. Less people outside exploring the parks. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom