Friends of MJ

MerHearted

Ok, so I guess I now have time to elaborate on why Orlando has suddenly become the frontrunner. It's kinda odd because two months ago, it seemed as though all of Orlando's claims fell apart and Anaheim's stood tall. But now it's like Orlando spent those two months drawing up a new plan and dissecting all of Anaheim's points in an effort to make a comeback. And what a comeback! So this is what I've been spending time thinking about lately.

Family: I love my family very much, but I know that I had to leave. It was no longer a question. But I felt so guilty going so far away to California. I'm their only child and I'll just get up and walk out of their lives just like that? It felt so selfish. With Orlando, that changes. I'm in the same time zone and a mere 2.5 hour flight away. We could visit each other, pretty much whenever.

Friends: This is where I believe Anaheim had its greatest strength because two of my closest friends are there and I really wanted to be a part of their lives. I know a lot of people in Orlando but no one that I could call close. But who's to say they can't become that or that I can't meet and make new friends. It's Walt Disney World! It's filled with people just like me, well, not quite like me. Not to mention, I'll probably get to see so many of my Magic friends.

Culture: This really didn't ring with me until Jess told me she didn't see me as the "Cali type". I thought about it and she was right. I'm not a Cali boy. I'm not a surfer. I'm not some guy from the OC. And I really wondered if I could ever fit in there. It was really intimidating thinking about it. I belong with pixies and princesses and pirates (and when that Harry Potter park opens, wizards!)

Hockey: Cali has the Ducks and Kings, but I'm a Penguins fan! And being on the west coast, I dunno if I would ever get to see my beloved Penguins. Cause of the time differences, I really won't see many of their games and they only come to Cali once every 3 years. Being on the east, I can still follow my Penguins religiously. And while Orlando doesn't have a hockey team, Tampa does. The Penguins go to Tampa twice a year. With a 2 hour drive, I can see my beloved Penguins in person.

Disney: I love Disneyland and I will miss it greatly if I don't go to Cali. But hello, bloody friggin Walt Disney World! In the two weeks I was in Cali, I pretty much exhausted everything there was to do in Disneyland. Walt Disney World is so massive and so much goes on throughout the year, I don't see how I could ever exhaust it.

Crime: Spending all my life in Philadelphia, I really wanted to finally escape that world. Anaheim really offered that. Orlando is actually worse than Philly. And though I would like to finally live my life without looking behind me, if anyone knows how to stay out of trouble, it's me.

Money: I believed Florida could never match the money California offered. I was wrong, at least for one place.

Weather: Yeah, Orlando doesn't have an answer to this one. Anaheim is so much nicer. But I guess I can learn to deal with the humidity and if a hurricane comes, well, I'll run.

Cinderella Castle: A month from now will be the 6 year anniversary of my first day at Disney. That day changed my life forever and has affected almost every decision I made regarding my life since. And after all the things I've experienced in this journey, the thought of standing in front of that castle and saying "I'm home" brings such a swelling of joy in my heart and tears to my eyes.

It just feels like I'm getting my hopes up too soon though. If this opportunity falls apart, then Orlando could do the same. I really hope this works out. *crosses fingers*

BiggerTigger

Ok, dinner all cooked and eaten, I'll clean up when it is cooler. And I made me a Sonic Cherry Lime-ade Cooler.:slurp: And sipping on that is cooling me down.

maggiegrace1

Good Luck Vince..Im sure whatever way it turns out will be the best..:)

Im praying for you..I hope it is Orlando..then I can take you to dinner when I visit and we can both wear our tiaras and carry our wands..:)

I will even wait in line with you for Ariel..:)

MerHearted

Good Luck Vince..Im sure whatever way it turns out will be the best..:)

Im praying for you..I hope it is Orlando..then I can take you to dinner when I visit and we can both wear our tiaras and carry our wands..:)

I will even wait in line with you for Ariel..:)

Woohoo!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I'm so gonna visit Ariel like everyday. :lookaroun

MommytoMJM

Bonny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss: :kiss:

Hey Freddie :wave:

Hey Steph! Did you come down already or os that next week?

Before, I go... hi/bye Bonny!
Love you lots! :kiss:

Hi/Bye

Hey girly! Long time no talk! :kiss:

Hey there.

How are you sweetie! :kiss:

Hm, can I plead the 5th?

And hi to Bonny, Vince, Kat and Jess!!! ANd anyone I might have missed!

Hi amy

no problem...I thought it Bonny were still here she could get the recap too.

I did, and thank you very much :)

Does anyone else's 5 year old argue with them about what clothes they are going to wear? I've never seen the like...we're going to a fair tonight and she wants to wear a fancy dress or one of her fall-weight skirts with a short sleeved sweater...every day it's a debate...I swear they swapped her at birht with some fashionistas child...somewhere in Manhattan a trophy wife is shaking her head in disbelief as her Princess insists on wearing overalls...:brick:

MJ insists on wearing costumes a lot.

So Bonny was here? I hope she's feeling better.

No, it generally takes me 6-8 weeks to recover from a fall like that. My neuro put me on 2 muscle relaxants for it, one I can take when MJ is with me and one I can't and temporarily increased my pain meds.

I saw she was here also..She did not say much..

I sometimes think something else is going on with her but she never is here long enough to say

I hope they are all ok..

I actually agree...I wish she'd tell us. :(

DisneyBunny;2294717 [B said:
]Last I spoke to her, all seemed to be okay.[/B] Some scheduling issues with Andrew, some MJ issues, heat issues, and bratty kids in the neighborhood, but nothing major. Plus she said she's upping the homeschooling. It sounded like she's just busy these days... I hope.

Y'all won't like the answer to this...and Bunny, I fibbed some to you....

Bonny! How you doing? You want a pregnant, or non-pregnant picture? :lol:

Hey Bunny, either, although I have some of you that I can use already.

Sure...Bonny, what's your e-mail again?

MommytoMJM@aol.com

PotteryGal

Does anyone else's 5 year old argue with them about what clothes they are going to wear? I've never seen the like...we're going to a fair tonight and she wants to wear a fancy dress or one of her fall-weight skirts with a short sleeved sweater...every day it's a debate...I swear they swapped her at birht with some fashionistas child...somewhere in Manhattan a trophy wife is shaking her head in disbelief as her Princess insists on wearing overalls...:brick:

:sohappy: :sohappy: I'm not alone! It only gets more interesting, Amy. :lol:

Hello, folks. I'm here between thundershowers. We haven't had too much nasty weather, although some parts of the state have seen golf-ball size hail. :eek:

maggiegrace1

Of Course, I wouldn't expect any less....
:ROFLOL: Ok good..:)

To your response above..quit fibbing and tell us..thats what we are here for..the good..the bad..the happy..the sad..

Tell us..we worry and want to hear it all..letting it out will also help you..
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

MommytoMJM

What kind of picture? Silly? Pretty?

Whichever you want us all to see! I vote for Orlando too, MJ asks to meet all the MJ'ers all the time.

:ROFLOL: Ok good..:)

To your response above..quit fibbing and tell us..thats what we are here for..the good..the bad..the happy..the sad..

Tell us..we worry and want to hear it all..letting it out will also help you..
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

I get tired of having bad news all the time and that seems to be a lot of what my life is like right now.... you guys have to get sick of hearing about it.

nibblesandbits

Whichever you want us all to see! I vote for Orlando too, MJ asks to meet all the MJ'ers all the time.

I get tired of having bad news all the time and that seems to be a lot of what my life is like right now.... you guys have to get sick of hearing about it.
Bonny...we could never be sick of hearing anything...good or bad. :kiss: That's what we're here for!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom