barnum42

How about this for your t-shirt ;)

Tigger_Balboa.jpg

smk

(playing devils advocate) or you could have a shirt saying:

Tigger - 1
Wimpy Teenager - 0

something to that effect
I'd buy one! Remember folks, we live the United States of America, home of the free. Wear any shirt you like, it is your right. Good taste, however, cannot be legislated (sp?). What you really might not want to wear is something kids shouldn't read or see. Just use common sense, if you wouldn't want your child reading something then assume I am the same. But..."free tigger"...that is ok, not agraphic or in poor taste, just a statement of support.

gjpjtj

I'd buy one! Remember folks, we live the United States of America, home of the free. Wear any shirt you like, it is your right. Good taste, however, cannot be legislated (sp?). What you really might not want to wear is something kids shouldn't read or see. Just use common sense, if you wouldn't want your child reading something then assume I am the same. But..."free tigger"...that is ok, not agraphic or in poor taste, just a statement of support.

Yes, but WDW is private property, and again, a "Free Tigger" shirt may be enough, to cause you trouble getting in.
(That said I think it is a great shirt idea):)

tigsmom

gjpjtj;2010274[B said:
]Yes, but WDW is private property, and again, a "Free Tigger" shirt may be enough, to cause you trouble getting in.[/B]
(That said I think it is a great shirt idea):)

Quite true.

dzne4eva

Awww, those are awesome! I feel terrible that this happened to an innocent CM who was just trying to make some magic. I'm going to make sure my whole family of 7 will be rocking Tigger t-shirts in February. :sohappy:

FREE TIGGER!!!

smk

How about this for your t-shirt ;)

Tigger_Balboa.jpg
I love this shirt but this a copyright infringement, isn't it? Isn't Rocky Balboa a name that Stallone uses in a movie? I would rather take a cahnce making disney mad then take a chance making "Rocky" mad, he punches too hard!:lol:

MissM

I love this shirt but this a copyright infringement, isn't it? Isn't Rocky Balboa a name that Stallone uses in a movie? I would rather take a cahnce making disney mad then take a chance making "Rocky" mad, he punches too hard!:lol:
There's provisions in the United States Copyright Law that protect parody. This is clearly a parody and would be covered. Now, could Disney or whomever owns the rights to the Rocky franchise get y and try to get you to stop? Certainly. But, it pretty clearly falls under parody in my personal [non legal] opinion.

In fact, I think you'd get into MUCH more trouble with the other images that show Tigger. The likeness of Tigger is ENTIRELY copyrighted and it WOULD be blatant copyright infringement.
-m

Anthony95

i thought copyright issues come into play when you are trying to sell it.

but if it is a home made shirt, then, i don't see the copy right problem.

to make sure i'm clear, i want to ask: why would a copy right issue be had for the 'tigger balboa' shirt but not the 'free tigger' words or 'tigger balboa' shirt?

can't you just do the whole copyright "c" symbol with disclaimer on the bottom of the shirt?

i want a tigger balboa shirt. lmao

wedway71

new tshirt

WDW tickets-$1000
airfare-$3,000
hotelstay-$2,000
Getting your A@# kicked by Tigger infront of millions-PRICELESS:D

mrtoad

I don't think copyright would come into play if you are not selling them. Disney or any other company is not going to go nuts after somebody who made a shirt for themselves. You see families getting put in the parades as grand marshall because they are wearing the same shirts made by themselves or others with Disney images.

I also don't think Free Tigger would get you into trouble or have to turn it inside out. It could mean anything which you could argue. Not saying go do it and I know for a face nothing will happen because I don't know, it is just what I think would happen.

I would not put anything offensive on though and it bothers me when I see it out anywhere much less at WDW. We ate at Liberty Tree once and this guy with his family (which included little kids) was wearing some shirt with a picture on the back with some girl in a thong bikini. I made sure my daughter sat with her back to them. Shouldn't have been aloud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom