Free Pop?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by wdwprincess03
Is it true that Disney gets all it's pop free?

NO WAY!! They pay for it just like other corporations. Just think how much that would cost Coca-Cola to give a place as large as Disney free soda. They do get a cheaper rate because of the volume they use and the advertisement they give to Coke.

ToWeroFTerRor67

You don't need to worry about Disney getting ripped off on soda. When getting soda from a fountain as large as disney's, the paper cups usually cost more than the soda. Trust me, Disney is making a killing on those souveneir mugs. At ten dollars a piece, and usually each family buying more than one, they are doing alright. Also when you go to the water parks, you cannot use your hotel mugs, because now you have to scan your mug before it gives you any soda.
Don't think I'm weird I don't even drink soda.

SusanAnne

What do you mean that you have to now scan your mug before you get free refills? That must be new because when we were there last month we didn't scan anything

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
actually, WDW does get all its Coca-Cola products for free. It's a marketing agreement. Coca-Cola provides WDW w/ free Coke, provided that they don't sell any other brands on Disney property (that's why you can buy pepsi at Shades of Green, but walk across the street to Poly and only get Coke).

I believe Universal does this too

zenatoad

Being a HUGE PEPSI addict - is there any other places that offer Pepsi like Shades of Green? The last time we were down there - it was so disappointing that there was no PEPSI or at least Mr.Pibb on the property. We were so excited when the second week we were there we went to Sea World and guess what -- there was PEPSI everywhere. We even walked off the propert to an Exxon station by downtown Disney the first week to try to find a PEPSI but all they sold was Coke products - it SUCKED! :hammer: No rental car this time so we were thinking about bringing PEPSI with us. But you just can't beat a good cold fountain PEPSI.

By the way - where is Shades of Green? Is it actually on the Disney propert like Swan & Dolphin? I know Disney doesn't own that one.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by zenatoad
where is Shades of Green? Is it actually on the Disney propert like Swan & Dolphin? I know Disney doesn't own that one.

It's across the street from the Poly, but good luck getting in. It's a military only resort.

raven

Kind of hard to believe that it would be free, even with the agreement. I would think that they would get a huge discount because of the agreement, not free. But who knows, maybe so!

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by raven
Kind of hard to believe that it would be free, even with the agreement. I would think that they would get a huge discount because of the agreement, not free. But who knows, maybe so!

it costs less than a nickel to produce a bottle of coke, less for a can, and even less for the syrup for fountain machines.

There is one clause though. Disney does pay for the soda sold in its soda machines.

PuertoRekinSam

yeah here's something for you to ponder.

Planet hollywood is normally a pepsi affiliate, they even have pepsi comericials in the video reel. The WDW PH is the only American PH not to sell Pepsi

It may be hard to believe, but yes it is free. Another weird case that you might think money is being lost is Nascar. Union 76 gasoline company (big orange circle with a 76) provides all the fuel to all the race teams free of charge.....you would think they would make a killing...yet like Disney, they could only use that company and their logo is on every last race car and race track!!!

zenatoad

Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
yeah here's something for you to ponder.

Planet hollywood is normally a pepsi affiliate, they even have pepsi comericials in the video reel. The WDW PH is the only American PH not to sell Pepsi

:cry: :cry: :hammer: :cry: :cry:

pixiedust32

Yes from what I understand it basically ends out free - as it equals out w/the adevertising contracts - I think they end up paying a bit for the actual carbonation cans but equals pennies. I know the Disneyland has even one Coca Cola guy devoted to ensuring the taste of Coke is consistent in the park to how they like it!!

cymbaldiva

Ya'll have GOT to be kidding! Just think about how much it costs to buy a Coke in the parks! I already knew they were making a killing, but D***! Imagine the $$ Disney is making from free Coke!

Tom Morrow

Yes, Disney makes tons of money off of the Coke, but so does Coca Cola! Having ONLY Coca Cola products sold at Disney World is quite possibly the best advertisement you could ask for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom