Free Pop?

raven

I remember the Millenium Village building was overwhelmed with Coca Cola adds. One of the exibits for a country seemed like it was all Coke bottles.

jcmayid

Originally posted by ToWeroFTerRor67
You don't need to worry about Disney getting ripped off on soda. When getting soda from a fountain as large as disney's, the paper cups usually cost more than the soda. Trust me, Disney is making a killing on those souveneir mugs. At ten dollars a piece, and usually each family buying more than one, they are doing alright. Also when you go to the water parks, you cannot use your hotel mugs, because now you have to scan your mug before it gives you any soda.
Don't think I'm weird I don't even drink soda.

When did this happen, I was there this weekend and I didn't have to scan my mug?:veryconfu

jcmayid

Originally posted by adr315
Beverly (available at both Epcot and the Coke museum in Atlanta) is the worst drink i have ever tasted in my life. I always prank friends at Epcot by telling them "it tastes awesome!" hehe....

Is that the one from Italy? Cause it was NASTY, I spit it right on the floor!!:hurl:

Wilt Dasney

As at least one poster pointed out, everything is Coke in the South. If you prefer flavored soft drinks, you have to specify that you want an orange Coke or a grape Coke.

On the few occasions that I've used the word "soda," I've always been greeted with funny looks down here.

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by jcmayid

Is that the one from Italy? Cause it was NASTY, I spit it right on the floor!!:hurl:

I concur...that stuff is evil.:drevil:

Everytime I'm there, I read the description of how Italians enjoy the bitter taste after meals, and I think, "Well, maybe I should give this stuff another chance."

Alas, the result is always the same: a quick dose of Mexico or Japan to get rid of the taste as quickly as possible.:hurl:

Mr. Toad

When I went to college in Indiana I got strange looks for calling it soda (everyone seemed to think it should be called pop). Now my wife (who is from Indiana) gets the strange looks for calling it pop in NJ. :lol:

Anyone know when Coke got the contract with Disney? I know Pepsi used to have it a long time age as the Country Bear Jamboree was presented by Pepsi-Frito Lay.

BradleyJ

Originally posted by jcmayid

When did this happen, I was there this weekend and I didn't have to scan my mug?:veryconfu

They have always done this at the water parks, becuase the large re-fillable mugs there are only good the day you purchase it.

epcot71

i worked for coca-cola enterprises for 2 years as a home market account mgr then an on premise account mgr.if i recall correctly disney does pay for their coke.they get a HUGE DISCOUNT though.when i was at coke they purchased 20 oz bottles(the ones u get for 2.50 in the parks),5gal.bag in box,and cans.they get a huge volume discount and also disney gets paid by coke a huge yearly sum of money along with programs on cups.the 2 most profitable packages to use is 20 oz and bag in the box which is what disney uses.it normaly costs a compnay around 25 cents to make a standard cup of coke-(syrup and cup) and disney charges what like3 bucks for a cup of soda-also costs disney about 24 cents per 20 oz bottle and they sell for 2.50 i think.disney gets the best price and marketing money from coke better than anyone.this was 3 years ago i worked at coke things might have changed since then.

an interesting little note-did u know that coke is in all mc donalds simply because of a hand shake between ray krock and coke along time ago(coke and mcdonalds has no contract at all)if mcdonalds wanted pepsi they could at any time but trust me coke hooks them up big time.i know a service mgr for coke and he says no matter what if a mcdonalds calls for service if thier fountain is down they get first priority over anyone

Thespis

When I went to college in Indiana I got strange looks for calling it soda (everyone seemed to think it should be called pop). Now my wife (who is from Indiana) gets the strange looks for calling it pop in NJ.
LOL! Come on down to Texas and have a soda water!

djmatthews

Some interesting comments. I thought "pop" was an english thing to be honest with you... I have heard the word used here in England, but I have never heard the word "pop" used in the US.

The comment about McDonalds having no contract is very intersting epcot71 - Thanks.

However I am a Pepsi fan, but most big organisations and fast food outlets use Coke... annoying!

WigglyWiggins

did someone just say there was a cheescake factory in disney? is it in disney quest? oooooo, thats like one of my favourite restaurants!!!! is there one in disney?

kal1484

Original Poster
Originally posted by djmatthews
Some interesting comments. I thought "pop" was an english thing to be honest with you... I have heard the word used here in England, but I have never heard the word "pop" used in the US.

At least in southwest Michigan, and everyother place I've been around here, no one calls it soda, it's pop! Of course I ask for a "coke" when I want one, but I only know one person who doesn't call it pop, and thats because she moved her from Georgia 2 years ago.

Nut4Disney

I love Coke and I drink it every day, and in the south we do call soft drinks Coke, no matter what kind it is you're drinking.
Here are some interesting tidbits about Coke.

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway
patrol carries two gallons
of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the
highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke
and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola
into the toilet bowl and .......Let the "real
thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The
citric acid in Coke removes stains from
vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car
bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled
piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in
Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery
terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the
terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth
soaked in Coca-Cola to the
rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can
of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add
detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The
Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
It will also clean road haze from your
windshield.

Also:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric
acid. Its Ph is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail
in about 4 days.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate)
the commercial truck must use the Hazardous
material place cards reserved for Highly
corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it
to clean the engines of their trucks for
about 20 years!

durhay

Nut4Disney - you forgot to mention that Coke is the primary ingredient in Happy Fun Ball(tm) :lol: I've never used the word "soda" unless I'm being ironic or just stupid. Sometimes I say "Brand Name Cola" instead. I've heard "Coke" used to mean every cola, like how Kleenex is used instead of tissue. In restaurants it's used called "COKEORPEPSI". In Japan it's called Happyhappyfunyummyjuice.

tenchu

I bet nothing can beat all the names that Irn-Bru gets over here. This is just a small sample:

Ginger
Bru
Scud
and monkey urine (ok, i made that one up)

durhay

About the T-Bone in the bowl of Coke ...
1. Not my first choice for a marinade
2. Who wastes a T-Bone? Does this person light cigars with $100 bills?
3. The reason it's gone after two days is that somebody comes along and takes it out and eats it (but not before washing it off and cooking it).
4. If you put diamonds in a bowl of Coke they will "disappear" too.

And another thing - who has time to do all these things with Coke? Is there a tenured prof somewhere doing this?
"Test Case #445 - Coca Cola is not effective as a spermicide."

Nut4Disney

These were probably highly scientific studies that the government paid some university millions and millions of dollars of our tax money to conduct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom