Free Pop?

Goofster

Yes, Pittsburgh is all Pop, but if you want to specify, you do and you use the normal name.

It is definately not just a UK thing

Bairstow

I've lived in the South all my life, and I've never heard of Sprite, grape soda, or Dr. Pepper referred to as "cokes." Coca-Cola is, of course, the main soft drink around here, but all other sodas are always referred to as soft drinks. "Soda" is almost never used, although we would know what you're talking about but uttering the word "pop" without immediately following that with the word "corn" will immediately betray you as yankee scum and get you all kinds of nasty looks and probably immediately double the price of whatever it was you were trying to buy, so don't do it.

Just a tip for your own safety. :D

DanStat

Really?

I'm from the south and I've never called Sprite a Coke...

You will get laughed at here in the south if you ask for pop.

We have this woman at our church that will always be like "I'll bring the pop.." We're like, "what's pop?" :confused: :lol:

WDWKing

I live in NY and you will be stared at blankly if you say "pop", its soda over here. And as for the coke-for-everything name well we call everything by its own name here.

FutureCEO

It's soda in Rhode Island too. Disney should have both soda giants. Because Pespi is way better than Coke. I have never heard it called pop and my parents drove up and back to Florida 5 times

Big Thunder

In Texas everything is Coke. Like we have a Coke machine in the Locker Room at school and all of us will say "Let me have a sip of your Coke" when its Sprite or Mr. Pibb or something like that. Thats how I probably got sick this weekend too.

DisneyWorldGuru

I know that Disney gets Coca-Cola products from around the world for free to use at Ice Station Cool. Disney gets free Coca-Cola because they advertise all over the parks for them (just look at AK they have Coca-Cola stuff all over the place). If you can get to Ice Station Cool in Epcot try the soda from China it is called Smart 7 a watermelon soda. I even fill my water bottle up with it.
Pop, soda, cola, coke, whatever it all means the same thing. (here in New Jersey it is soda) (and in Florida everything is Coke)

Rehabilitated

Let's Put This One To Bed

Okay. Despite what everyone wants to believe, no, Disney does not get it's Coca-Cola supply for free. According to a friend of mine that works for the Coca-Cola Company who has looked into the issue, the local bottling company sells the syrup to Disney World and it is brought in by truck to the warehouses North of the Disney Village Marketplace (or whatever it's called now). Disney World consumes more Coca-Cola that any other venue in the world. Disney purchases the cups from another vendor but will, on occasion when supplies are an issue, use Coke cups from Coca-Cola.

Coca-Cola will not release specifics of the agreement, however they do make money in the deal with Disney but consider the exposure for marketing value more important, as do most of the corporations that sponsor exhibits.

The display of Coca-Cola from around the world was a marketing venture by Coca-Cola and was entirely supplied by them at no cost to Disney, including construction of the igloo facility.

Any other questions on this topic?

...note that I stayed away from Coke vs. Pepsi vs. Soda vs Pop because everyone knows its POP!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom