Free Dining Preview Thread

JimboJones123

Original Poster
One more week until the 190 day window opens up for those with packages ariving on the 10th of August.

Must do -- first time
Hoop Dee Doo
New Japan Place
New Italy Place
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
1900 Park Fare Breakfast
1900 Park Fare Dinner

Done before -- going back
O'hana
Whispering Canyon
Crystal Palace
Jiko

That leaves us with one more place for our 14 nighter.....

Any suggestions? We're thinking 50s Prime.

mary219

I was able to get the Free DDP Bounceback for this coming Fall and I just heard that my girls' school break is going to be a week after the vacation I already set up...:cry:. So now we are looking at seriously missing a week of school to get what is a make or break vacation discount for us! :hammer:So here's to hoping they change the Fall break schedule before the official list is produced!

I know how you feel.I booked the bounceback offer.and because of a new job i am starting and the new school my son will be attending,i had to cancel it.:eek:

New2WDW

I know how you feel.I booked the bounceback offer.and because of a new job i am starting and the new school my son will be attending,i had to cancel it.:eek:

NOOOOOOoooooooo! :cry: Sorry you had to do that. My wife has been talking to teachers and staff at our girls school and they are like, your girls are doing very well in school and I would go anyway! :eek: So I think we are going to miss that week of school and then have them do their catch up work the following week. This is a smaller Christian school as well and the teachers usually send home the necessary work and not busy work.

Now I am wondering if I can stretch out our stay to about 10 days which would be our dream vacation stay length!

mary219

we stayed 10 days last aug-sept.It was great.If you can do it,do it.With the free dining it was doable.10 days and we still didnt do everything we wanted.Believe me ,if it wasnt for my new job,the kids would be out and we'd be on our way.

partyoffour

We got free dining the last time we went to Disney back in Sept 2006. It was valid for all of Aug and Sept trips. My question is that my trip is planned from Sept 20th to Sept 28th. Since I will be there before the cut off date Sept 22nd. Does my whole trip count? Will i get free dining?? Not sure since in 2006 if you booked for say Sept 30 th thru 7 days until Oct they still gave it to you since one of your travel dates was in the time frame of the free dining.

:wave:Did this make sense to anyone ???LOL Help

lilclerk

We got free dining the last time we went to Disney back in Sept 2006. It was valid for all of Aug and Sept trips. My question is that my trip is planned from Sept 20th to Sept 28th. Since I will be there before the cut off date Sept 22nd. Does my whole trip count? Will i get free dining?? Not sure since in 2006 if you booked for say Sept 30 th thru 7 days until Oct they still gave it to you since one of your travel dates was in the time frame of the free dining.

:wave:Did this make sense to anyone ???LOL Help
I'm not sure if you'll be able to do it this year. Say you have a trip starting on the last day of the Value season, running into the Peak season. Before, you would get the Value season rate all the way through. You can't anymore, they charge you the two separate rates.

kimmychad

Just curious, what is the cut off weight? Is it 300 pounds for a man, 225 for a woman, and over 125 for a child? Or is it a combination of weight and height.

ummm it has nothing to do with weight or height. its the number of people in your party, more than 5 and you'll get gratuity added automatically

partyoffour

I am going to try . I am a disney card holder so I will call my travel agent on April 9th. If not i will change my trip and go a week before. LOL FREE IS FREE. I have 4 kids so it will save us like 1200 . Plus my hubby and I

tink65

Bounce Back!!!!!!

:) We have been able to take advantage of the free DDP every year since it was first offered in 2005. We love it of course. We did take advantage of the "bounce back" that was offered last year. It's good to know it's already taken care of and we don't have to worry about whether or not it will be offered. As far as the changes...even though I feel that the service has declined I still wish they would have left the gratuity. Maybe since the CM won't be guaranteed an 18% tip they'll try to get back to the same level of service that Disney is known for. The appetizers, while very good, were just too much! The only one I'll miss is the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier! When we booked our 2008 reservations the CM did ask whether or not we would like to upgrade to the Deluxe plan. If so you only had to pay the difference between the two plans which was about $32 or $33 dollars. Who can eat all that though?:shrug:

JimboJones123

Original Poster
:) We have been able to take advantage of the free DDP every year since it was first offered in 2005. We love it of course. We did take advantage of the "bounce back" that was offered last year. It's good to know it's already taken care of and we don't have to worry about whether or not it will be offered. As far as the changes...even though I feel that the service has declined I still wish they would have left the gratuity. Maybe since the CM won't be guaranteed an 18% tip they'll try to get back to the same level of service that Disney is known for. The appetizers, while very good, were just too much! The only one I'll miss is the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier! When we booked our 2008 reservations the CM did ask whether or not we would like to upgrade to the Deluxe plan. If so you only had to pay the difference between the two plans which was about $32 or $33 dollars. Who can eat all that though?:shrug:
I'm kinda not happy about having to put together a $250 Disney Gift Card to pay for the tips at each stop. :fork:

MarkeyMouse

any insight?

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about when they might be offering (if at all) the free dining,,,,we took advantage of this in 2006 on aug 13th and then I saw in 2007 they offered it the last week of aug which was too close to the 1st day of school for us so we went in july and paid for everything:( .....Who usually posts the dates 1st, AAA or disney visa.... I have both so I'm good... just thought i would throw it out there , any insight would be appreciated and should I book now or wait till they annouce it
Thank you all in advance

marinoalulema

Account Suspended
free dining and bounce back from 2007

we were in wdw for 9 days in september 2007 and again for 5 days in december 2007 and were not offered the bounce back or free dining on either trip
i just booked a trip for 9 days this september on line, if I call the 407 wdw disney reservation number and complain about not getting the offer what are my chances of them automatically giving them to me?

i would have booked the trip back in sept 2007 if I knew of the offer then but no one on either trip offered it to us

sissa216

chiming in here too to hope for free dining.
We had a trip booked for Thanksgiving week, but got that elusive
40% code, and switched to September..
But playing with numbers, I'm thinking free dining would be
an even better deal

Ausdaddy

we were in wdw for 9 days in september 2007 and again for 5 days in december 2007 and were not offered the bounce back or free dining on either trip
i just booked a trip for 9 days this september on line, if I call the 407 wdw disney reservation number and complain about not getting the offer what are my chances of them automatically giving them to me?

i would have booked the trip back in sept 2007 if I knew of the offer then but no one on either trip offered it to us

Not trying to be argumentative, but you were probably offered the bounce back on the September trip and didn't know it. There was a card with the offer on it. It wasn't verbally mentioned by anyone to me. If you didn't read it (or this board), you may not have noticed. I was looking for it due to a thread on these boards. It never hurts to try calling them.

kimmychad

Not trying to be argumentative, but you were probably offered the bounce back on the September trip and didn't know it. There was a card with the offer on it. It wasn't verbally mentioned by anyone to me. If you didn't read it (or this board), you may not have noticed. I was looking for it due to a thread on these boards. It never hurts to try calling them.

we werent offered the bounceback promotion, the only reason that i got it was because people on here were talking about it before i went down. we didnt get a card or anything under our door like alot of people did

ypcat

Disney won't offer you the discount, you have to ask for it. I have gotten into the habit of asking if there is anything I am elegible for each time I call.

we werent offered the bounceback promotion, the only reason that i got it was because people on here were talking about it before i went down. we didnt get a card or anything under our door like alot of people did

We were there last September, it was a paper left on the table, not slid under the door.

Disneyfalcon

We were there in September. I knew about the bounceback offer and I was looking for it every day. But they definitely did not offer it to us.

Kristamouse

Is the upgrade 33 per night per person?
Q about part size, DH, Me, DS( who is paid for), DD (who is free under 3) and Mom and Dad. Is that 6 or 5 b/c my DD is under three.
Opps, bad Mom, totally for got about the baby #3 due in August. So 5 paying guests, and two under three free guests. So are we 7 or 5? I am budgeting now for tips with Disney Dollars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom