Free Dining Plan is back!

New2WDW

I saw on another site that the Free Dining Plan is back for August 13 - September 30. Does anyone know if you can get this deal if you check in on the 30th? This deal might be our only chance to take a trip to the world this year! I hope so!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
wannabeBelle said:
If you would like, drop me an E mail with how many adults, how many kids and ages of the kids only and I can run you a price quote, specifically for your group, in case you would be interested in switching over!!! Belle

I sent u an email with the specifics. Thanks!

Upvote 0

manda0125

Dining plan

Hi!
Does anyone remember the dates from last year that they were offering the Dining plan? I was in Disney the first week in October and it was the last week of the Dining plan. And to be honest it was a nightmare!! I had such a tough time making Priority seating and when I was actually down there it was nuts. There were one or two days I did not make PS and it was impossible to eat. The quick service areas were crazy beyond belief and forget about sit down. They had signs posted at park opening that all sit down restaraunts were booked. It just seemed crazier then usual!! I had talked to a very nice cast memeber at 50's Prime time, and she stated that Disney did not expect the free dining to be such a hit and they were not prepared for that kind of rush. I was actually hoping that they would not do it again this year. I am getting married in Disney on October 1 and I am worried that my guests are going to have a tough time making PS. If it definitly ends the 30th of September I guess they will be OK. If not I don't know what I am going to do!!!

Thanks
Manda

Upvote 0

Teenchy

I think I already know the answer but I'm asking the experts on this board.

I'm a DVC Member and an AP holder. So I dont need a place to stay or tickets. Am I out of luck on trying to take advantage of this offer?

We love to eat out at the many Disney restaurants and of course drop some big $$ every time we visit. I was getting ready to plan our annual NOJ weekend in September and would love to take adavantage of some FREE Food.!:slurp:

Upvote 0

wagnerdisney

I have a question about this.
It is do you have to start your vacation on the day that the dining starts to get the free dining for the entire length of stay or do you only have to stay one night during the time period for the dining?
Thanks alot
Dan

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
wagnerdisney said:
I have a question about this.
It is do you have to start your vacation on the day that the dining starts to get the free dining for the entire length of stay or do you only have to stay one night during the time period for the dining?
Thanks alot
Dan

If you're staying at a Disney resort, you get DDP for each night of your stay. You can't get more or less than the number of nights in a resort.

I think that's what you're asking.

Upvote 0

wagnerdisney

MontyMon said:
If you're staying at a Disney resort, you get DDP for each night of your stay. You can't get more or less than the number of nights in a resort.

I think that's what you're asking.

Thanks MontyMon
Well in my situation we are booked from aug 1 to the 8 so can i move my reservations ahead to those dates(13-20) without anytype of cancelation fee.
Note i have already paid my $200 down payment.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'm $578.00 richer!

I just saved $578.00 with the free Dining Package promo. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for Disney Visa Card! I'm really trying to rack up those Reward Dollars... Anyone know how many times you can use a credit card before it starts melting? Lol.

Upvote 0

HiddenMinnie

We can't go that late in the month because of school starting. If we ended our trip on the 13th or 14th, could we still get the free dining plan for our whole trip? For example, if our stay was Aug. 8-14 could we take advantage of the free dining?

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
HiddenMinnie said:
We can't go that late in the month because of school starting. If we ended our trip on the 13th or 14th, could we still get the free dining plan for our whole trip? For example, if our stay was Aug. 8-14 could we take advantage of the free dining?

I'm no expert on the subject but my best guess would be, no. You can extend after the ending date I believe but not before a starting date. Sorry that isnt the answer you are looking for. :(

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Teenchy said:
I think I already know the answer but I'm asking the experts on this board.

I'm a DVC Member and an AP holder. So I dont need a place to stay or tickets. Am I out of luck on trying to take advantage of this offer?

We love to eat out at the many Disney restaurants and of course drop some big $$ every time we visit. I was getting ready to plan our annual NOJ weekend in September and would love to take adavantage of some FREE Food.!:slurp:
This is a package deal. The main part of the package is the resort stay and the park tickets. The add on which is being provided by Disney free is the Dining plan. You absolutely cant get the add-on in any form by itself. Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

tiggerific418 said:
I'm no expert on the subject but my best guess would be, no. You can extend after the ending date I believe but not before a starting date. Sorry that isnt the answer you are looking for. :(
Absolutely correct. Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

CHI-HAWKS 65 said:
WannabeBelle,

Thank you for describing the plan with such great details and examples. This is something I will be taking full advantage of in September!
You are quite welcome!!! Also it was mentioned earlier in this posting but please make those sit down reservations. I have no doubt that this offer will be amazingly popular making for very crowded restaurants. Belle

Upvote 0

queenie0888

AAA and the discount

Does anyone know if I can book through AAA get a small discount on the room and still get the free dining or do I have to pay full price for the room?

Upvote 0

shannonpete32

I already booked from 9/2 to 10/1. i went through AAA. I am wondering do you all think I will have to cancel and rebook for this. I have the dining plan now added. i am just wondering if they will take it off or make me re book. Anyonme know how AAA works with this?? I am waiting til my AAA agent gets in I already left the poor girl 4 emails in regards to this.

i am a Disney card holder as well and if I have to cancel with AAA and book thru disney it will still be cheaper since AAA is only 10% ( I think off of the prices of rooms and tickets).

I am so excited I have a family of 5 this will save us alot of money and my husband says we can stay an extra day !!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

shannonpete32 said:
I already booked from 9/2 to 10/1. i went through AAA. I am wondering do you all think I will have to cancel and rebook for this. I have the dining plan now added. i am just wondering if they will take it off or make me re book. Anyonme know how AAA works with this?? I am waiting til my AAA agent gets in I already left the poor girl 4 emails in regards to this.

i am a Disney card holder as well and if I have to cancel with AAA and book thru disney it will still be cheaper since AAA is only 10% ( I think off of the prices of rooms and tickets).

I am so excited I have a family of 5 this will save us alot of money and my husband says we can stay an extra day !!!!
Unfortunately I dont know how AAA works in terms of packages. I only know my agency's rules. We dont charge a fee or cancellation fee to rebook for something like this. Definitely proceed as you have and see what AAA says. If you would post it here afterwards I would be interested to know the information as I am sure many people here would! Thanks, Belle

Upvote 0

scorp111

wannabeBelle said:
You are quite welcome!!! Also it was mentioned earlier in this posting but please make those sit down reservations. I have no doubt that this offer will be amazingly popular making for very crowded restaurants. Belle

All my reservations are now set :)

Use hypothetical entree choices, the value of the plan for us will be about $1000, Disney normally charges $700, and now it is FREE!

A big area of savings is for taxes and gratuities. We will save money, even without eating the most expensive entrees (I am a vegetarian).

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there Scorp, I had worked the numbers with a friend of mine and we average it out to about $50.00 a day per person is the value of the Dining plan. Is that about what you came to? Belle

Upvote 0

scorp111

wannabeBelle said:
Hey there Scorp, I had worked the numbers with a friend of mine and we average it out to about $50.00 a day per person is the value of the Dining plan. Is that about what you came to? Belle
Yes close to that, and about half that for a child.

Again, obviously it depends on the choices etc. I think the key to the savings is the taxes/gratuity part, and the appetizer/dessert options (which is also where there is quite a variety in pricing)

Hey, we probably won't eat all the food that we think we will, but we won't come away hungry. Plus, we thought we would be doing fewer character meals since DD is 3 and won't eat $10-15 worth of anything, but with this we are still doing 4.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
shannonpete32 said:

I thought I saw a limit on last years offer of 10 days max. Does anyone know if this is correct cause shannonpete32 shows a month stay. I wish we could stay that long! Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom