Free dining out for general public

vjgraham

That's a shame they have not offered frre dining for May-June dates. We have had it last 3 years in a row for May, but nothing this year. We cannot go in Aug-Sept due to school schedules.:(

vjgraham

That's a shame they have not offered free dining for May-June dates. We have had it last 3 years in a row for May, but nothing this year. We cannot go in Aug-Sept due to school schedules.:(

AylaRanzz

Free Dining has been released for the general public. Dates of travel are 8/25/2012-9/29/2012.

Value Resorts -Free Quick Service Plan
Moderate Resorts and above - Free Plus Dining Plan
Minimum number of days on ticket is 2 and nights is 3

So, even though on the Disney World facebook page, it says: Beginning today, get a FREE dining plan when you buy a non-discounted 5-night/6-day Walt Disney Travel Co. room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Book through May 18, 2012.....you can still do it if you're staying less than 5 nights/6 days?

I'm asking cause next year we're only doing four nights and five days, so I wanted to know if they offer free dining for when we go if we'd still be able to get it. And also, do they usually offer free dining in April or Oct?

dave&di

No, we did free dining in sept 2010, and it was fine. I think it just means the # of rooms alloted for POP are sold out already. It may just say more for the popularity of POP than the quantity of people at disney in Sept.

Good to hear! We were also there Sept 2010, didn't realise the free dining happened then, I did notice the crowds were bigger than my previous visit in 2008 but were still very managable! Good news!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well I am glad that let me upgrade an existing reservation if that's the case, cause I just called.
From what I was told they actually released a block of Pop century later in the day which I was quite happy with. All of my clients that needed re-booking were staying at POP and it made my evening much easier.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, even though on the Disney World facebook page, it says: Beginning today, get a FREE dining plan when you buy a non-discounted 5-night/6-day Walt Disney Travel Co. room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Book through May 18, 2012.....you can still do it if you're staying less than 5 nights/6 days?

I'm asking cause next year we're only doing four nights and five days, so I wanted to know if they offer free dining for when we go if we'd still be able to get it. And also, do they usually offer free dining in April or Oct?
What Disney shows on their advertising is just a sample vacation. As long as you meet the minimum requirements you can book the offer.

wannabeBelle

Hi All, Just thought I would throw in my two cents regarding other discounts. Free dining is typically released a little bit earlier than most of the other discount offers, although those dates do vary too. I wouldnt rule out discounts for any other time frames however from what I hear summer is booking up pretty well so that may affect the decision to offer any discount. As always though any other discounts is at best an educated guess. As soon as we know, we will post it for you though!! Have a great day!! Marie

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Just Saved!!

I was originally supposed to go in May...we ran into some bills had to postpone our typical may trip. We couldn't decide if wanted late September or late October....This decided it for us.. Just saved.....$1,181.44 wow.

That worked out really nice:D

Thanks for the heads up Richard!

Enzo

goofykt

I called first thing this morning and booked my package w/Free Dining at POP. We're going the week of Sept 1-9 (Labor Day week), and they had space at all of the Values available...so it looks like there's still some availability at certain times in September.

billyd52

Kingdom Konsultants

I would just like to say thanks to Pam and Denise for going above and beyond my expectations in getting me booked at Pop Century for our Sept-Oct trip
They kept working the phones until they got exactly what i wanted.:wave:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Planning on skipping "free" dining this year and trying a different route.
I have two 6' 3" teenage boys who clearly will not bunk together anymore, so our room options are limited. Thought we might try a 2 bedroom suite at Bonnet Creek, and take advantage of the in suite kitchen, laundry room and second bath.
It won't be the same, and I sure as heck am going to miss the manic planning, but change is good, right?

DisneyArb

Just booked POR in September instead of POP (which had no free dining available at the time I called) so it was either All Star sports with a fee to upgrade to sit down, or pay less than 300 difference for a 10 day 9 night stay at a moderate! No questions asked. Never stayed at anything but a Value before, so I am super stoked!!!!

POR is our favorite resort, and I can't wait for a chance to get back there. Hope you enjoy it!

Goofnut1980

I can't for the life of me remember, did they offer a discount for parts of Nov and Dec last year? I know when we went in 2008 there was a promo...

OzDisney

I can't for the life of me remember, did they offer a discount for parts of Nov and Dec last year? I know when we went in 2008 there was a promo...

I'm sure it was offered last year for some Nov & Dec dates. Hope this is the case this year. Will have to wait and see :)

AylaRanzz

What Disney shows on their advertising is just a sample vacation. As long as you meet the minimum requirements you can book the offer.

Awesome! Thank you. And do they usually become available earlier for Visa card holders? Keeping my fingers crossed that a free dining plan is offered for one of my trips next year.

wannabeBelle

Typically this offer does come out a few days ahead for Disney Visa card holders, but has always become available to the public within a few days. Marie

nngrendel

From what I was told they actually released a block of Pop century later in the day which I was quite happy with. All of my clients that needed re-booking were staying at POP and it made my evening much easier.

Glad I could make it easy on you. haha. Thanks!!!!! Were very excited about our stay with dining added now. You are The Man!!

JimboJones123

A Free Dining "loophole" to get the dates you want....

I have used this plan before to get the discount for the dates I wanted. Don't know if it still works.

Package avalibility is based on check in day.

If the day at the resort you want isn't open, book the day before. Or two days before. Just add the extra days to your reservation.

Pay your deposit.

Call back immediatly and say you cannot arrive until a day later and want to take a day off the front. Vice versa, book a day later and ask to add another day on to the beginning.

Again, they may have fixed this glitch, but it has been successful 3 times for me.

Hope this helps, and still works for those who cannot get the exact check in day they wanted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom