Free dining out for general public

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Are the ASMu family suites included?
I have not tried every date possible but I have yet to get the suites to show up for any dates I have entered. The value suites are commonly booked up so not seeing them available for an offer like this is not that uncommon.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Greetings Everyone! We just booked for September 20-27, 2012! Our challenge is that we need space for 4 children ages, 10, 8, 4, & 2. We were able to book connecting rooms in ASP. Would you stay in ASP with connecting rooms at ASP with a little more space or upgrade to POR with trundle bed? This is our second time to Disney and a first visit for our 4 and 2 year old. thanks so much!
I would go for the 2 rooms. The extra bathroom, TV and square footage make for a much better stay.

wdweric2.0

We had previously booked POR last month, Standard View, for 8/25-9/1. our agent called this morning and there was nothing available for free dining. We had to upgrade to a Garden View for an additional $87. but we got Free Dining!

SosoDude

Booked CBR Sept 5-12 with free dining this morning. Paid for our flights and most of the trip!!!!! So excited to go back and it will be my son's first trip. Can't wait!!!

DisneyDreamer08

We always visit WDW in Sept because it is so quiet, does this mean I am going to have to share the Parks with others!!!!! :eek:

We went Sept 26th thru Oct 4th 2009 (so a few years ago now!) It was a free dining time but we went because we heard it was a "quiet" time. We did not participate in free dining. It was beyond packed. Super busy the whole time we were there, we had to do a lot of planning to schedule fast passes and stuff. We had 8 days in the parks though so that definitely helped.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
So is there any deal you can get if you have an AP already? I don't want to have to buy worthless tickets to get free dining

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
So is there any deal you can get if you have an AP already? I don't want to have to buy worthless tickets to get free dining
The value of the tickets can be applied to your AP renewal. Aside from that you will have to wait for a room discount.

rpk4444

Just booked POR in September instead of POP (which had no free dining available at the time I called) so it was either All Star sports with a fee to upgrade to sit down, or pay less than 300 difference for a 10 day 9 night stay at a moderate! No questions asked. Never stayed at anything but a Value before, so I am super stoked!!!!

I called to book this morning around 10am est and they told me that ALL of the values were booked along with POFQ. I grabbed CB.

Husher

What is likely to be offered in November?

I see that nothing has been released for dates past September, but what is the likelihood of a promotion for a stay the first or second week in November? Any chance of free dining then?

hockeyfran

Do they usually offer free dining in December also?

I have never gone in December, but will be this year. I usually go in September/ October and it is offered then.

I appreciate the help folks.

Disneykidder

Do they usually offer free dining in December also?

I have never gone in December, but will be this year. I usually go in September/ October and it is offered then.

I appreciate the help folks.

This past December, there was free dining but with many blackouts due to the holiday. I think it was just after Thanksgiving and the first, maybe second week in December. I don't ever remember seeing this before so I see no pattern to determine whether it will or will not occur again. Disney changes promotions a lot.

I got on board with the August free dining but not liking how they pushed it back so far into August. I wouldn't care so much if I weren't a teacher but I usually set up my room then. When we were there a few years ago in August, it was a couple of weeks earlier and the crowds were fairly low. HOT, but decent crowds. We will see full on Fall decorations now, too. We will have a great time!! Auguat 25-30!!

DisneyWall-E

We also looked into staying at the POP again. But they were all booked up. So we went with PO:FQ. It was only a 300 dollar difference when you upgraded POP to regular dinning. I see a lot of people did this. I wonder if Disney limited the number of rooms on purpose? 9/29 thru 10/6 Port Orleans here we come.

WDW1974

I would absolutely expect more discounts for summer (I still don't get why anyone would want to spend those hellish months in FLA, but ...) especially with gas prices rising daily and no end in sight.

Although the deals are not as widely available or as good as years past ... right above me on MAGIC is banner ad offering FL Residents rooms this spring for $86 a night at ASMu. To me, that is an absurdly high discounted rate ... which is why I won't be staying at a WDW resort when I go there this month.

~Free food is never really free~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom