Free Dining is Here!

WishIWasAtWDW

Free Dining is BACK!! Now available for all guests for many dates this fall. If you check-in on any valid date, you will receive Free Dining for your entire stay.

Stay in a Deluxe or Moderate resort, and receive the Plus Dining Plan for free.
Stay in a Value resort, and receive the Quick Service Dining Plan for free, with the option to upgrade to the Plus Dining plan.

Here are the travel arrival dates:

August 31-October 3
October 26- November 1
November 9-November 20
December 12-December 23

Excluded resorts: All-Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Grand Floridian Villas, Fort Wilderness Campsites, Art of Animation Little Mermaid Rooms and all 3 Bedroom Villas.

Booking dates are May 7-August 8, 2014.

This offer is very popular, and rooms go quick! Contact us today for a free quote: Vacations@KingdomKonsultant.com or 866-566-7858.

Ask us about a room only discount August 16- October 3rd as well!

EricJ

Make sure you call in. Don't do it online. Last night I called for the free dining at Coronado Springs for November. Halfway when booking Coronado springs the cast member on the phone said you just received a pin code for free dining at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter. So we ended up booking at French Quarter.

Well, that's the problem for me, you see:
This is my second day of TRYING to get through on the phone, getting non-busy signals on one out of five tries, and waiting 25-30 minutes on hold each lucky time (and using up about $25 of cellphone minutes so far), before giving up and assuming that they must be closed or lost connection--How late is 407-WDISNEY open, anyway?

And Free Dining is a bit less of a frill and more of a necessity for me (WARNING: More Tiny Tim handicap-guest sob stories follow):
I used to prefer quick-serve and buffet on my trips, because some of the better food stops were--Boma, Sunshine Seasons, Cape May, Columbia, need I say more? But now I'm in the rather awkward position that I CAN'T carry my tray to the table, so all my meals are likely going to be at the sit-down restaurants. (Except for one Be Our Guest lunch, of course, where the waiters also bring it to you.) Yeah...How would YOU like to plan an entire week of sit-down restaurant meals? :jawdrop:
I had already booked a preferred access room at Caribbean Beach back in March, when they had free Memory Maker, and I'd, ahem, like to find out whether I can just laterally change plans to the FDP, without canceling the room reservation and making a new one from scratch, as most of CBR already seems to be booked up, including the preferred/roll-in rooms.
If worst came to worst, I could, I theoretically suppose, change to Pop Century instead (never been there either)--which would give me the Quick Service dining plan I technically wouldn't be able to use--pay the money to separately upgrade to Full Dining, and still break even on my CBR package....Only then, I don't know whether I'd be doing much swimming, as Pop doesn't have a zero-entry pool to get in and out of like CBR does.

So, y'see, I'd like to get through and find all this out, before everything's gone and I can't do anything about it even if I tried. Gee, I hope I do. :oops:

Upvote 0

EricJ

And what number would that be?
(Since I tried calling the Guest Services 407-939-6244 number on the MNSSHP e-mail, and got the main robo-menu and Haunted Mansion hold music anyway. Same for the MDE 407-939-5277 number.)

Upvote 0

Allygator

Well, that's the problem for me, you see:
This is my second day of TRYING to get through on the phone, getting non-busy signals on one out of five tries, and waiting 25-30 minutes on hold each lucky time (and using up about $25 of cellphone minutes so far), before giving up and assuming that they must be closed or lost connection--How late is 407-WDISNEY open, anyway?

And Free Dining is a bit less of a frill and more of a necessity for me (WARNING: More Tiny Tim handicap-guest sob stories follow):
I used to prefer quick-serve and buffet on my trips, because some of the better food stops were--Boma, Sunshine Seasons, Cape May, Columbia, need I say more? But now I'm in the rather awkward position that I CAN'T carry my tray to the table, so all my meals are likely going to be at the sit-down restaurants. (Except for one Be Our Guest lunch, of course, where the waiters also bring it to you.) Yeah...How would YOU like to plan an entire week of sit-down restaurant meals? :jawdrop:
I had already booked a preferred access room at Caribbean Beach back in March, when they had free Memory Maker, and I'd, ahem, like to find out whether I can just laterally change plans to the FDP, without canceling the room reservation and making a new one from scratch, as most of CBR already seems to be booked up, including the preferred/roll-in rooms.
If worst came to worst, I could, I theoretically suppose, change to Pop Century instead (never been there either)--which would give me the Quick Service dining plan I technically wouldn't be able to use--pay the money to separately upgrade to Full Dining, and still break even on my CBR package....Only then, I don't know whether I'd be doing much swimming, as Pop doesn't have a zero-entry pool to get in and out of like CBR does.

So, y'see, I'd like to get through and find all this out, before everything's gone and I can't do anything about it even if I tried. Gee, I hope I do. :oops:
You can change your CBR reservation to the free dining without losing your preferred room. I had the preferred room booked before the offer came out and had it added.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Assuming the availability is there, yes they will exchange your room for the same room with the Free Dining promotion. I havent had any problems with CBR as of yet, so I think you still stand a good chance. Best of luck in switching over, be sure to let us know what happens!!! Marie

Upvote 0

tem325

Make sure you call in. Don't do it online. Last night I called for the free dining at Coronado Springs for November. Halfway when booking Coronado springs the cast member on the phone said you just received a pin code for free dining at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter. So we ended up booking at French Quarter.

Whaaaaaaaaat???

Upvote 0

EricJ

Assuming the availability is there, yes they will exchange your room for the same room with the Free Dining promotion. I havent had any problems with CBR as of yet, so I think you still stand a good chance. Best of luck in switching over, be sure to let us know what happens!!! Marie

(Does your .sig imply that you're one of the Konsultants, or just giving them a free plug?
And if so, would a travel agent be able to make the call, even if the booking's already made?)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi Eric, Yes I do work for Kingdom Konsultant Travel. Unfortunately, to protect your privacy, you have to contact the person who you made the booking with to change it. So if you booked with Disney directly, then you would have to call them. If you booked with another agency, that is your contact. It really is to protect your reservation information and your privacy, so that not just anyone can call and mess with your reservations. Sorry I couldnt help more. Marie

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
We booked our trip starting on 12/20. We got free dining last year as well (booked on the last day it was offered too for 8 days). We've come to realize that there's no way we will ever find a room discount around that time, so the free dining is great to have.

Sidebar: why are the Disney agents really ignorant about the Magical Express. Second year in a row where the agent had no idea that they need to make reservation in order to get the booklet to ride M.E. Couple years back Disney did not send us our booklet. Claimed "we didn't have a reservation on the bus for you, blah blah blah." Whatever nonsense. Not sure how we have a hotel reservation and not automatically assigned to ride the bus.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

We booked our trip starting on 12/20. We got free dining last year as well (booked on the last day it was offered too for 8 days). We've come to realize that there's no way we will ever find a room discount around that time, so the free dining is great to have.

Sidebar: why are the Disney agents really ignorant about the Magical Express. Second year in a row where the agent had no idea that they need to make reservation in order to get the booklet to ride M.E. Couple years back Disney did not send us our booklet. Claimed "we didn't have a reservation on the bus for you, blah blah blah." Whatever nonsense. Not sure how we have a hotel reservation and not automatically assigned to ride the bus.
Well many people do drive down so that is why they don't automatically assign DME. However, I find it much easier to book DME online. Many times I have called and found that no reservation was ever made.

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
Well many people do drive down so that is why they don't automatically assign DME. However, I find it much easier to book DME online. Many times I have called and found that no reservation was ever made.

Yeah that's the thing. We always ask to include DME and the agents are clueless. Not sure how since they should get that question more than once. How can I check online? I have our reservation linked to MDE. I checked the FAQ and it said: If you did not select Disney's Magical Express transportation and include your flight information when you made your reservation, please add Disney’s Magical Express to your reservation on the My Reservatons page in My Disney Experience. Look for the “Airport Transportation” label under your reservation and select the “Add Flight Information for Disney’s Magical Express Transportation” link. Problem is that nothing regarding Airport Transportation shows under the reservation.

Upvote 0

hrmom26

i called this number i saw in a previous post ...(thank you btw for posting it :)) 407-939-6244 got right threw and got the dining plan in the all star sports hotel the last hotel the agent said they had available for the free dining woot woot so excited

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yeah that's the thing. We always ask to include DME and the agents are clueless. Not sure how since they should get that question more than once. How can I check online? I have our reservation linked to MDE. I checked the FAQ and it said: If you did not select Disney's Magical Express transportation and include your flight information when you made your reservation, please add Disney’s Magical Express to your reservation on the My Reservatons page in My Disney Experience. Look for the “Airport Transportation” label under your reservation and select the “Add Flight Information for Disney’s Magical Express Transportation” link. Problem is that nothing regarding Airport Transportation shows under the reservation.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/?bhcp=1

Upvote 0

sissa216

My family attempted to get the deal and it was sold out as of dinnertime today.
@Club34 (and anyone else who was unable to get what they wanted last week)- I would check back now. The 7 day holds for rooms that were booked last Wednesday expired last night, if they didn't put down a deposit. Something may have opened up!

Upvote 0

sissa216

Bumping this up- there seems to be quite a bit of availability left throughout September (depending on your dates).
Some people are also finding their desired resorts/rooms available, if they weren't before. I'm not sure if Disney released more discounted rooms, or if there have been cancellations- but if you missed out, you might still be in luck!

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Bumping this up- there seems to be quite a bit of availability left throughout September (depending on your dates).
Some people are also finding their desired resorts/rooms available, if they weren't before. I'm not sure if Disney released more discounted rooms, or if there have been cancellations- but if you missed out, you might still be in luck!
We actually on booked on a Pin code. We only had CBR or CSR to choose from. I kept checking back and yesterday every resort was available. So I'm sure they added availability to all the discounts! We switched to POFQ!

Upvote 0

cw1982

Does this apply to DVC members?

Look for a thread on the DVC forum titled something along the lines of "Are we not eligible." From what I read on there, DVC members cannot get free dining while using DVC points to book a trip. They can, however, book their trip out of pocket and get the free dining like anyone else would, and then use the DVC points on another trip.

Upvote 0

sissa216

We actually on booked on a Pin code. We only had CBR or CSR to choose from. I kept checking back and yesterday every resort was available. So I'm sure they added availability to all the discounts! We switched to POFQ!

Fantastic!!!

Look for a thread on the DVC forum titled something along the lines of "Are we not eligible." From what I read on there, DVC members cannot get free dining while using DVC points to book a trip. They can, however, book their trip out of pocket and get the free dining like anyone else would, and then use the DVC points on another trip.

Exactly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom