Free Dining for Sept '08

Ausdaddy

Can anybody confirm that they are still doing this? I am going Monday and I'm thinking that I will have to go ahead and book for next year, (even though I swore to my friends that we could go somewhere else next year:p).

Well, it says in the details that it's available until 9/28.

PeoplemoverTTA

I was wondering if anyone else feels that one of the main reasons the Dining Plan was changed for 2008 (to not include tips or appetizers) was so Disney's out-of-pocket expenses would be less, thus they could offer and promote free Dining even more than they have in the past (which was quite a bit).

Even though it won't include tips, I still think that, of course, free dining is better than paying for each meal (even without the tips, and I know I don't eat appetizers unless they're free...or if I'm eating one as a meal).

The thing is, people who don't get free dining will be purchasing the plan, IMO, based on great word of mouth from friends who tried the plan before the changes went through (i.e. before it became $1 less per day, but no appetizer, or whatever has been cut, and no tip included).

IMO, they are taking advantage of good word of mouth for the "original" DDP (and the free dining promos) to get people to book the new plan (all an average tourist might know is that he or she is getting the dining plan, without realizing how much less he or she might be getting compared to the friends or relatives who recommended it).

I think it's great to buy everything together and not have to hassle with money in restaurants and such, but as another poster mentioned, the parks were dead yet all the table service restaurants were booked up because of DDP...I would rather deal with paying for each meal and have the flexibility to eat where I want when I want...it's so hard to have ADRs for a restaurant every day...everything you do that day revolves around dinner. How do I know I'll be craving Italian food an exact day and time when I'm making ADRs 6 months before I go? Oh well...just my thoughts...(don't mean to offend any people who love the plan!)

Oh, and woo hoo - 100 posts!

GrimGrinninAnna

Better hurry. I booked right before we left on Friday morning and there were no water view or king sized rooms left at Coronado (our fav). I can just imagine how many people booked this.

GrimGrinninAnna

Yep.
I booked for September 2nd through 6th of '08 and there were no waterviews, so I changed dates around a few times, still nothing. I finally got a king for the 3rd through the 7th.

The dates for this promotion are 8/31 - 9/27, with highest rates on weekend stays. And the dining plan changes were announced when I called to book. The representative was very helpful.

Here, I actually took the flyer home and scanned it. Enjoy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/squeegeebeckenheim/1392830050/

moosicalnwdwmad

Yep.
I booked for September 2nd through 6th of '08 and there were no waterviews, so I changed dates around a few times, still nothing. I finally got a king for the 3rd through the 7th.

The dates for this promotion are 8/31 - 9/27, with highest rates on weekend stays. And the dining plan changes were announced when I called to book. The representative was very helpful.

Here, I actually took the flyer home and scanned it. Enjoy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/squeegeebeckenheim/1392830050/

Sorry too sound dumb but does that mean through September 2008 that Conorado Springs is quite busy?

I also got a flyer through the post in the holidays after we booked it and i live in the UK.

kverdon

It would seem to us that the Free Dining is doing the job to get people to visit the parks in Sept. We just got back from a 12 night stay and compared to last year the crowds were somewhat buisier. Based on our experience the crowds were about a week busier than last year. Last year we came in on the 12th and out on the 23rd. This year we came in on the 3rd and out on the 16th. By the 10th it was getting much busier. On the 6th we arrived in line for Finding Nemo the Musical at 11am and had no problem getting in. On the 10th we got to the line at 10:55 and it was back thru dinoland. On the 9th we went to the Magic Kingdom with our friends and even though we all got Dream Fast Passes after our 2nd ride at Buzz we did not use them or any other Fast Pass all day and did all the rides we wanted to with little wating. We went back on the 13th and it was a different story. Granted, a LOT of folks wanted to see HM re-open but wait times for Peter Pan were 50+ mins at 8:50am! As luck would have it we got Dream Fast Passes AGAIN on our next ride at BTMRR and bypassed all the masses. The free dining seems to be working for Disney!

Kevin and Mona

atterris

Is free dinning still going to be offerd in April like it was last year? Is the free dinning only for September or are there still some dates available in August like the last tow years? Im planning to go during the last two weeks of August next year and was hoping to get in on some of the promotion.:slurp:

zjer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this point, this promo is only for those who are currently staying at the resort and is available at checkout. Right? This isn't for the general public yet? :shrug:

lilclerk

Sorry too sound dumb but does that mean through September 2008 that Conorado Springs is quite busy?

Not necessarily. Only a certain amount of rooms have the discount, so this just means there were no more waterview rooms with the free dining promotion available for those dates she booked.

I've actually heard that during free dining promotions, the parks are still pretty quiet, but the resorts are busy.

moosicalnwdwmad

[/center]
Not necessarily. Only a certain amount of rooms have the discount, so this just means there were no more waterview rooms with the free dining promotion available for those dates she booked.

I've actually heard that during free dining promotions, the parks are still pretty quiet, but the resorts are busy.

Ahhh thanks for the help. :)

ThinkTink721

We have booked the free dining pkg. for next year!
We had to book it w/ a deposit before checking out of our resort on Sun.
:sohappy:

bgraham34

I completely forgot about the free dining promotion while i was there. We did not get a flyer or anything. I missed out.

dopetig

so it didn't say anything about the value resorts? i usually stay in one of them cause really i just sleep and shower there so i don't care what ammentities it has. the cheaper the better!! more money to spend IN the parks. LOL but i would love to get in on this deal but i dont know if i'm going before then so i won't be able to get in on the deal. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom