Free Dining for Sept '08

BRER DAD

I just got the same flier from POR last week. I think you have up to thirty days to book. I dont think the offer includes park tickets........anyone know?

mary219

I just got the same flier from POR last week. I think you have up to thirty days to book. I dont think the offer includes park tickets........anyone know?
It included park hopper tickets.My total came out to around 1900.00 with trip insurance for 9 days ,8 nights for 4 adults at pop.8/30-9/07.It was very close to what i paid this year for 3 adults ,1 child for 9 nights with 7 day park hoppers,no water parks,no trip insurance.The free dining was great,for me,you couldn't beat it.Disney makes it very hard not to rebook when they leave the flyer in your room and your trip is going great!So ,of course,i bit the hook like a flounder for a worm!LOL.It had to be booked before your stay ended and before 9/28;with a credit card deposit.If its reoffered to the general public i will probably shorten the trip i booked and have a separate ressie for earlier in the week(providing its offered for the same time as this year's was]
,so the kids wont miss to many days of school.

mary219

After 10 days of a heat index over 100, I will NEVER go back in Aug/Sept

You know,i had a friend who was at all star sports for the same time period and thought the same thing.But i really didnt think it was that bad,and i hate the heat.I mean it was definetely hot in the middle of the day,but the mornings and evenings werent that bad to me.There was actually a slight breeze.Compared to my last trip in 2000,that was the last week of july.That was unbearable heat.

shoppingnut

Is it to early to complain about the "Phantom Tip Expense" in the "Free Dining"?

Most definitely not. I've decided that I need to run the numbers of just buying food and getting an AP discounted room against the free dining package. Part of the problem is that I want to take my mother next year, but with the change in the package to only having dessert doesn't work for her since she is diabetic. The vast majority of restaurants don't have a sugar free dessert and when they do it either tastes awful or is just sugar free vanilla ice cream.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Sorry, I should have been more specific...do you have to book from the resort, or can I call....say....tonight...and pick up on that special since I'll be there in time for the special anyway?

Just like to plan ahead.

kubfish

Ouch Ouch Ouch! If you noticed in my original post, I was not correcting anyone's spelling, I was complimenting the OP on spelling "dining" correctly. I think I have shown enormous restraint in not correcting the many people who have spelled it "dinning." Perhaps you could exercise a bit of restraint yourself, especially since your pet peeve is people who think they are better than others. Also, as long as we are picking nits here, spelling and grammar are NOT the same thing. You may not be the grammar police, but I think you have now qualified as being a member of the spelling police. BTW, I have corrected "work" to "word" in my original post. Can we all go back to chatting now?

:) I am not a person to get all mad at boards so not being mean at all, may have taken your initial post bad. Which is the prob with message boards to begin with. I probably have spelled Dining the wrong way many o time. I guess seeing time and time again people on boards trying to knock others down because of a speLing or grammer eats at me :) I don't think you were trying to do that tho, just caught me in a bad mood I guess. HEY 6 days I cannot be in a bad mood any longer!!!!!!!

LOL and nice response BTW, was good and witty :)

DisneyJoe

Sorry, I should have been more specific...do you have to book from the resort, or can I call....say....tonight...and pick up on that special since I'll be there in time for the special anyway?

Just like to plan ahead.

I believe you must BE there... if they let just anyone call in advance, people could take advantage.

JimboJones123

Most definitely not. I've decided that I need to run the numbers of just buying food and getting an AP discounted room against the free dining package. Part of the problem is that I want to take my mother next year, but with the change in the package to only having dessert doesn't work for her since she is diabetic. The vast majority of restaurants don't have a sugar free dessert and when they do it either tastes awful or is just sugar free vanilla ice cream.
Depending on where you stay, the room discount or discounted pkg may be better. Especially if you are adding another $20-$30 everyday for tips. Will be ineresting. The other thing, do I lie about my kids ages and pay a few extra bucks for tix and get everybody adult meals?? I still can't stand the kids menu selections.

JPVonDrake

To confirm...

Details of the offer:

This new offer will allow a guest who is currently staying at one of the WDW Owned and Operated Resorts between 8/31/07 and 9/28/07 to book a MYW Free Dining Package for next year. The travel dates must be between 08/30/08 and 09/27/08. A $200 deposit per reservation must be made at the time of booking.

The lead in offer is based on a 5 night/6 day stay, but you can book your stay for any length between 3 nights and 14 nights. You may choose any length Magic Your Way Ticket from 1 day to 10 days regardless of your length of stay and add any ticket options. You may also upgrade to to the Deluxe Dining Plan or add the Wine and Dine option and the cost of the Regular Disney Dine Plan will be deducted from the ugraded package price. Remember everyone in the room must be on the same package and choose the same ticket length and options.

There is a special team booking this offer so the guest must call the special number listed on the offer. The agent will first verify the guest’s eligibility to participate by confirming that they are currently registered at a Walt Disney World owned and operated resort. Once you check-out, you can no longer book this offer.

If you booked your current stay with a Travel Agent, we can assign your reservation to your travel agent for next year, allowing you to contact them for any future modifications or cancellations.

Of the Disney Deluxe Villas Resorts (part of the Disney Vacation Club) only studios, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom villas at Old Key West Resort and Saratoga Springs Resort are included. All other Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts are excluded from this offer. Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort and all suites at the Disney Deluxe and Moderate Resorts are also excluded from this offer. A limited number of Family Suites at Disney's All Star Music Resort and cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort are included in this offer.

Like any discount marketing offer, there is only a limited number of rooms available at each participating resort, for each date during the offer period. There is no official word on if this offer will be extended to the general public next year.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Can we book multiple rooms? I'd like to book a couple rooms, as we're going to be having another grand gathering next year, and would like people who are going with us to participate in this.

JimboJones123

14 NIGHTS -- HOLY CRAP. That changes ALL KINDS OF THINGS!!!!

Very interesting indeed. Wow, w/up to a 10 day ticket, they aren't even interested in keeping you hostage at WDW next year. Huh. I guess the free food would keep you there most of the time, but that also encourages people to use the 2 credit places more as well. Guess WDW wasn't satisfied with the number of guests taking a full week or more under the current plan.

September must not be as hot a spot as one might have thought w/the free dining this year. I guess we'll hear in the next week or two when reports start coming in. Huh.

JimboJones123

Details of the offer:

This new offer will allow a guest who is currently staying at one of the WDW Owned and Operated Resorts between 8/31/07 and 9/28/07 to book a MYW Free Dining Package for next year. The travel dates must be between 08/30/08 and 09/27/08. A $200 deposit per reservation must be made at the time of booking.

The lead in offer is based on a 5 night/6 day stay, but you can book your stay for any length between 3 nights and 14 nights. You may choose any length Magic Your Way Ticket from 1 day to 10 days regardless of your length of stay and add any ticket options. You may also upgrade to to the Deluxe Dining Plan or add the Wine and Dine option and the cost of the Regular Disney Dine Plan will be deducted from the ugraded package price. Remember everyone in the room must be on the same package and choose the same ticket length and options.

There is a special team booking this offer so the guest must call the special number listed on the offer. The agent will first verify the guest’s eligibility to participate by confirming that they are currently registered at a Walt Disney World owned and operated resort. Once you check-out, you can no longer book this offer.

If you booked your current stay with a Travel Agent, we can assign your reservation to your travel agent for next year, allowing you to contact them for any future modifications or cancellations.

Of the Disney Deluxe Villas Resorts (part of the Disney Vacation Club) only studios, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom villas at Old Key West Resort and Saratoga Springs Resort are included. All other Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts are excluded from this offer. Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort and all suites at the Disney Deluxe and Moderate Resorts are also excluded from this offer. A limited number of Family Suites at Disney's All Star Music Resort and cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort are included in this offer.

Like any discount marketing offer, there is only a limited number of rooms available at each participating resort, for each date during the offer period. There is no official word on if this offer will be extended to the general public next year.

Also another very interesting change. Huh.

JPVonDrake

Can we book multiple rooms? I'd like to book a couple rooms, as we're going to be having another grand gathering next year, and would like people who are going with us to participate in this.

Yes. Current Grand Gathering Parties are encouraged to return again next year for this offer. Remember you will need to the full names and address of each guest in your party at the time of booking.

JimboJones123 said:
14 NIGHTS -- HOLY CRAP. That changes ALL KINDS OF THINGS!!!!

Very interesting indeed. Wow, w/up to a 10 day ticket, they aren't even interested in keeping you hostage at WDW next year. Huh. I guess the free food would keep you there most of the time, but that also encourages people to use the 2 credit places more as well. Guess WDW wasn't satisfied with the number of guests taking a full week or more under the current plan.

September must not be as hot a spot as one might have thought w/the free dining this year. I guess we'll hear in the next week or two when reports start coming in. Huh.

Most all discounted and non-discounted vacation packages will allow you to book up to 14 nights and choose any length Magic Your Way ticket. This is not unique to this offer.

Remember the maximum length of a Magic Your Way Ticket is 10 days, there is no option for a longer MYW Ticket other then those offered exclusively to United Kingdom Guests who purchase their ticket or package in the UK.

mary219

I had asked the cm who took my reservation last week about this.She told me if i wanted multiple rooms to reserve one under my name and one under my husbands>but this would have required 2 separate deposits of 200.00 apeice which i just didnt have.So,I would think anyone staying with you on your current reservation,as long as they were 18 and up could book a room with this bounce back offer.

Magicfinder

This is my first post, and I sure hope my spelling and grammar meet up to the standards.;) :)

I was wondering if anyone else feels that one of the main reasons the Dining Plan was changed for 2008 (to not include tips or appetizers) was so Disney's out-of-pocket expenses would be less, thus they could offer and promote free Dining even more than they have in the past (which was quite a bit).

mary219

This is my first post, and I sure hope my spelling and grammar meet up to the standards.;) :)

I was wondering if anyone else feels that one of the main reasons the Dining Plan was changed for 2008 (to not include tips or appetizers) was so Disney's out-of-pocket expenses would be less, thus they could offer and promote free Dining even more than they have in the past (which was quite a bit).
I am sure that is one reason.As for the appetizers,i could do without them ,most weren't that great anyway-except the shrimp cocktail at la cellier,i thought it was really different and yummy and there really is to much food anyway.The tips is sad because so many of these servers are going to be on the losing end.A lot of people really don't tip well ,and some not at all.I waitressed for 8 years and tips were hit and miss.Some people are great and alot are right on target and unfortunately ,quite a few just don't understand how much tips supplement your income.So disneys bottom line will be less,but the servers will lose out and thats a shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom